My office caught on fire today

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I'm in an AMRT class all week. My Wife calls me twice in a row, even though I kept hanging up becuase I was in class. I knew something was wrong. She left the office to deliver a bill to a customer and get some lunch. As luck has it, she forgot the bill and turned around about 1/2 mile down the road. When she got back to the office, smoke was pouring out. I called her back, she was fighting the fire. She put it out single handed. Looks like her external hard drive was the source. Burned the carpet, her desk, her computer, some paperwork and melted the blinds. LOTS of smoke damage. And fire extinguisher damage. Sucks, now I have to remediate my own office. Out of office space for a little while. Thank goodness it didn't get into the warehouse. Packout inventory, a ton of equipment. We're over insured, but it was quite a wake up call. This is disruptive enough, I can't imagine losing everything.

Name
Nate W.
We had a similar situation back in 93 I believe. It was a bad extension cord. Parents lost almost everything. Good thing you know what to do and can jump on it. Good job on your wifes part. Praying for the best for you guys. :)

Mike Hogan

Hey Ed.........if you need some help I can loan you those 2 dumbasses that you're sitting next to all week.lol
Hope it all works out for you.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good luck Ed. I lost my van and equipment in a garage fire. Out of the $30,000 the replacement costs were, I got around 7000. You were indeed lucky.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Too funny Mike! I'll not tell your wife and son what you said shiteatinggrin Nice family. Ask Mike how he checks for pressure differentials. :lol:

Thanks guys.

Richard, a few weeks ago, I'd have welcomed the work! Not right now though. My marketing manager is out of an office so he has no excuse for not hitting the streets now.

Becker

Name
Becker
I was using a terry cloth as a pot holder over my gas range. it caught fire as I pulled the pot from the stove top.

this all happened yesterday.

I lost a few knuckle hairs, and the terry cloth is a gonner.

put it out myself on the granite counter top.

min smoke damage, but hair stinks as it burns.

the venison was just fine.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm sorry to hear of that Shorty. Most importantly no one was hurt.

My father lost everything when he had a fire in his business when he was with Servicemaster. That was a frightening time in my life (I was 11).

But its what caused him to rebuild and create everything we have.

I'm glad yours wasn't as bad.

LeeCory

Man Ed, you guys are lucky. Glad your wife didn't get hurt.

I can only imagine if you had to make a phone call to your customer explaining that their furniture burnt up again in your building....

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ten years ago, this is what my place looked like, count you blessings Ed.

SouthEastV.jpg

10 fire trucks put millions of gallons of water on the place but I got a new place out of it along with a lot of extra work to get it done.

PlantgateSview.jpg

PadSEview.jpg

Greenie

But....was the back up successful?

:wink:

Count your blessings, you're obviously one lucky dude.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks everybody.

Shorty?

Damn Tony, everything is relative. Makes mine seem miniscule (which it is really).

Backup, unsuccesful. thathurts

Adjuster and cause and origin investigator came today. Seems it was the space heater my Wife uses to keep her footsies warm with caught fire. Adjuster cut us a check for carpet and painting. They are replacing all electronics in the whole office, even though 90% weren't damaged other than soot. They're paying for cleaning and mitigating of my office and the warehouse, including all content. Overall, it worked out except for the loss of use of the office space.

Dawn has been out buying computers, desk, copiers, phones, this afternoon.

Make sure you are properly insured. We are over-insured (if that's possible), and I'm glad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom