My truck mount please read

ChuckR

I have a masterblend el diablo tm. It has had lot of things go wrong since i got it. It was not aligned up right motor to blower it blew out the rubber coupler. It has been thru thermostats. I have been thru 5 power inverter's it keeps overheating now they want me to cut wires on the inside of the inverter to bypass the heat sensors but now they offer some kind of generator instead of the inverter but i was not offered that. I have had gas shooting out the top of he carb. The vac gauge keeps getting sprung but they are going to send me one when they get a new vendor. I had to replace the electronics on the heat system. Most of the connections were loose and leaking. The man i got it from has been great, Don at the cleaners solution. My machine has 240hrs right now all this started from day one. At about 170hrs my roots blower started leaking at the blower shaft seal and face plate. I noticed the bolts were backed out on the face plate i was able to tighten them up by my fingers. When i called about it i was told that there was a problem with the manufacturer not getting all the bolts tight. My guy Don said he has another one doing the same as mine he changed seals twice on one machine and it is still leaking. So i call masterblend they told me i had to go to roots 3 hours away and i had to take it out of machine. I called roots in Houston Texas and asked about it ad the man i spoke to told me that if it was leaking already that it was ran improper so it probably would not be covered. When i bought this machine i bought a masterblend not a roots i feel masterblend should cover this with a new blower sent to me or the place i bought it from. I wish i would have got a machine from a company that stands behind there products i will not be getting another el diablo. I just wanted to share this with everyone in case you were thinking about getting one.

Thank you
Chuck Riley

Becker

Name
Becker
Wow, I had been wondering how that machine would hold up.

On paper it looks like a deal, seems yours was some kinda deal!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
master blend should be talking to the blower manufacturer for you, at least hydra master did this for me when I had a blower problem

I would insist that they take the machine back or at least make a sweet heart deal on another one

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks for sharing Chuck
Hope they get everything squared away for you

glad to hear some REAL owners experience.

instead of internet eXpeRtz recommending peeps buy them cause they "looked" good at some fest :roll: :roll: :roll:

I saw the same thing happen with that POS abortion SteamWay put out a few years ago...the 9100.
Internet gUrus were touting it like it was sump'um special.
we all know now it was JUNK from the get go

..L.T.A.

ChuckR

Over all it runs good lots of heat and pressure it is just the stupid s&%# that gets old i just have to keep an eye on the blower oil for now

Neva

Very Very interesting. Anyone else out there have feedback on the el diablo machine?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
admiralclean said:
Man ... am I wrong to refuse to read anything that long without paragraphs?

May be I'm just getting too old to wade.

I'll condense it for you Mardie

he's 240 hours on a new El Dia-BLOW and it's been a POS with one problem (great and small) after another
Now his blower is toast

..L.T.A.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Post it on a few more boards.

If you're being straight about all the issues they'll be more likely to respond.

Albert

Mikey P

Administrator
How much of a El Diablo is assembled by the supplier?

It's been my Coitish experience that a TM can and will have all kinds of issues due to improper installation and maintenance.

John Watson

I will say it again here: This is the first I have heard anything on this machine let alone in the negative. We have always asked for reports Good and bad and as I said this is the first report I, myself have seen.

I also know a couple of the princables at Master Blend, I do not know them to be unfair in any of their dealings.

If I was to buy a slide in machine my main choice was the El Diablo. I will be following your reports.

Hopefully this will get to the proper people to get resolved or a response why things are going the way they are.

I agree with what Mikey said about install and maintenance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
improper install???
what am I missing??

it's a slide-in.
you bolt it to the floor, supply fuel and it's installed

John, I've asked several times on the boards for feed back from "owners" of them.

They seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth

..L.T.A.

ChuckR

Like meat said it was bolted to the floor and gas hooked up, as far as maintenance i go by the book i check fluid levels daily and for hoses rubbing loose bolts and nuts ETC...

Kelly

We have several of the el diablo machines out there and no one has complained much about them yet. In fact im not worried about selling them to any one I know. It has also been my personal experience that getting a truck mount that is a lemon right out of the gate isnt too uncommon, and isnt limited to just one brand of machine, sad it happens but it does. That is also when you find out how reliable and above board your supplier is.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here...

Just wanted to drop a line about the El Diablo..

I am running one right now, and have no problems with it!
Since last May I put over 800 hours in it- no major problems at all!
You do have to make sure to do your routine maintenance, and that would be true to all other brands.

I got my unit from ADCO in Denver and I am local in the Denver metro area. I can only say good things about them and MasterBlend.

I am sorry but it sounds like you really got that infamous lemon...

One thing I just remembered that I don't like is the flowswitch underneath the kerosene burner. It gets stuck frequently and you have to take it out to clean it out.
But not a big deal once you know how to do it, it takes about 3 minutes to do it and it's ready to give you some of that awesome heat! :twisted:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
If no one will help you give freeflow a call. He usually knows a fix. He can be reached thru 940-642-2503.

Becker

Name
Becker
It's been my Coitish experience that a TM can and will have all kinds of issues due to improper installation and maintenance.

Yes, so much can go wrong when installing the 4 bolts on the waste to the floor of the van, once that is done only then should you even attempt the complected task of pretty much doing the same thing to the frame of the TM.

Unlike the ease of a PTO, or CDS install.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
To me it sounds like the problem with the Root's blower was originally caused by the improper line up of the coupler causing undue vibration which loosened the bolts in the blower.
This should be taken care of by the manufacturer and not Root's.

Tile Nerd

You could have 100 people post about how great the El Diablo is but that doesn't matter. What matters is what appears to be Master Blends lack of willingness to correct a problem.

Only goes to prove that you never really understand someone's or a busniess's character until there is a problem.

Greg Loe

We had extreme problems with a new machine. All problems where installation issues. Drive shafts, leaks, over heating, low pressure, lack of heat.

It was a nightmare.

Good luck, so sorry to here about this.

ChuckR

Just got a phone call from my supplier, Masterblend is shipping out a new blower today. That is all i wanted to begin with. As far as the machine it is hard to beat i have lots of vac and heat and plenty of psi to boot. They have been real supportive on all the small things and fixed everything no questions asked. I even use alot of their chems.

L

Larry Haack

This is a response to Chuck Riley and his Posting on this board. First of all, an apology is in order to Chuck. We did not have a written policy in effect to deal with blower problems. One of the reasons was that we have had very few problems with the Roots double-oil-sided blower. Out of 400 truck mounts made with that blower, we have only had three issues to date that I am aware of. We sent a new Roots blower to Chuck's distributor (The Cleaner's Solution) today and will take the old blower back and deal with Roots. Our written policy today will state that there is a 90 day warranty on the blower with no charge for labor or parts. After 90 days, MasterBlend will step into the Roots warranty and will send a new blower to the distributor, after it is determined that the problem is not a maintenance issue. The distributor will be charged with the cost of the new blower and will receive a credit when the old blower is returned to MasterBlend.

We take a lot of pride in the products we manufacture at MasterBlend and believe we have earned a good reputation of standing behind those products. I'm sorry this unfortunate situation arose and trust our action will solve Chuck's problem.

Larry Haack, Chairman
MasterBlend
Denver, CO

ChuckR

I would like to thank Larry and masterblend. They have done a good job on all the other issues with my machine. Hopefully this will make it 100%.

Kelly said:
We have several of the el diablo machines out there and no one has complained much about them yet. In fact im not worried about selling them to any one I know. It has also been my personal experience that getting a truck mount that is a lemon right out of the gate isnt too uncommon, and isnt limited to just one brand of machine, sad it happens but it does. That is also when you find out how reliable and above board your supplier is.

So well said. Look at my experience with White-Magic and Cleaners Closet. Their true colors shined through when White-Magic could not fix my White-Magic money pit. Then Cleaners Closet said NEVER come back. :twisted:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. look and see White-Magic and Cleaners Closet how this guy Larry gives customer service. 1st class. What class would that make ya'll???
The sad fact is the owner claims to be a Christian. Learn what this means 'do as they say do, not as they do" you hypocrites!

Rob Allen.

G

It sounds like the board did what its designed to do. It gives people a place to vent issues when they feel they are not being listened to.

As for Masterblend, it sounds like they are doing the absolute right thing as well. I've met several people from MB at the different fests and Connections, and they seem top notch.

Not all TM's will run perfectly, just like not all cars are perfect. The goal is to get the problem fixed so you can move on and make money! Sounds like the end result for all in this case will be good.

Back
Top Bottom