Mytee Trex

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Local guy is selling one year old Trex for $1200. The machine looks nice and worked fine while he demoed it. How do these stand up to the Rotovac 360i performance and durability wise?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Local guy is selling one year old Trex for $1200. The machine looks nice and worked fine while he demoed it. How do these stand up to the Rotovac 360i performance and durability wise?

no one knows, Don
It was never a board de jour tool here like the RV, HOSS and current/most recent tool de jour, the Zipper

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I demoed it when it was brand new
I didn't care for the way you started it or the carbon fiber handle. It did clean very well and left the carpet as dry as any tool I've ever used. Not all electric motors are equal. I don't know what it had but it didn't bog at all.

Gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've got a buddy with one out west and he loves it.

IMO - with rotaries costing 2200+ for the cheapest one, a grand seems like a great deal on ANY roto. Don't know anything about refurbished for 1200.

Mikey P

Administrator
10 times better than the Big Rex?

Do me a favor, spray into a bucket or pan for one minute at 400 psi and tell me what you collect.

Im guessing one gallon.

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
image.jpg
image.jpg
Unfortunately no video but here is the test Jr. I got to play with.
It kicked ass!
I'll be purchasing one as soon as they are available?

Mikey P

Administrator
Very interested too hear why the mini is better than the bigie when its the other way around with RV.

Im not sure if DEmein has ever used a Teflon'd HOSS or RVxl, other than parking lot demos.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't like the look of the Mini. Its head is too long, reminiscent of the Drimasters.

I'd like to hear more about the full size. Are all the bugs worked out? No problems?

What's up with the these units? It wouldn't make sense to ever buy a new one if you can get a factory refurb for half or 1/3 of the price of new. ???

factory demo/refurbs for 1299

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
When I heard about the Jr. I really had no interest in it .
I have a large Trex it, works really well why would I want to step backwards to a smaller head?
The Jr. is lighter and very easily managed by one person (in and out of the truck, up large flights of stairs etc..)
It's very nimble and flushes/drys the daylights out of carpet!
The Jr. is sturdy, far better built than the 360i
I think the magic of both the Trex & the Jr is in the design and weight of the head. The air flow is fantastic.
My guys use the large on most jobs every day. They enjoy using it & it cleans much better.

I can't say a Trex is best for everyone, I will say it the best for us.
Demien

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Full size TRex now has steel handle . . .

Flexi-Star head for uneven CGD carpet . . .

FlexStar.png

I have not run the TRex Jr. yet , but most have reported it outcleans the RV360 models.

It will be released at ICE in a couple of weeks along with a few other surprizes.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Full size TRex now has steel handle . . .

Flexi-Star head for uneven CGD carpet . . .

FlexStar.png

I have not run the TRex Jr. yet , but most have reported it outcleans the RV360 models.

It will be released at ICE in a couple of weeks along with a few other surprizes.

And what about the Jr, will that be out fitted with the dreaded carbon or will it come with steel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom