Auction New Rotovac 360XL SUPER AUCTION

rick imby

Name
Rick
I was looking at the auction when it was around 1700 I think. I had trouble finding it-- The way the bid worked was not clear. If I had bid $2000 when it was at 1700 would it have jumped to 2000 or would it have gone to 1701 like ebay does?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You could have bid any number as long as it was more than 1. Like Gene says...

FredC

Village Idiot
and proxy bidding has been used in the past here..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I simply couldn't sit by the computer and bid. If I could have, I would have done so. How does the fact that we were bidding by one dollar have anything to do with it?

FredC

Village Idiot
You have a phone...........you knew when the auction ended......you knew what the highest you were willing to bid was

So why bid a dollar if you had to leave?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not complaining, so get the Foster out of your ass Fred. All I'm saying is I didn't have time to bid. I was on a job and had to work. And the only one who benefits from a $20 bid increase over a $1 bid increase is you and Mikey. We know how it works. If I'd bid up $20, the next due would still beat me by $1. If I'd been able to watch it to the end, I still would have only won by $1.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Fred, I consider you a very sharp guy...You seriously don't get what the problem is with the auctions? Try to run a test auction like it was real life and see.. I have now tested it twice- in real life and the timer doesn't work in unison with the place bid button...it doesn't matter if you bid a dollar or a hundred dollar. And by the way in this auction I bid 200 at one time and a couple 1 dollar bids for fun and at the end again I bid over a hundred until the very last seconds where I was just going with the preset amount which was a dollar bid.

FredC

Village Idiot
Would you have won?

and if you had bid say $2250 would Mike and I be the only ones benefiting by you still getting a great deal?

I have to say....I'm glad Rhett swooped in and snagged it from you...........

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred, I consider you a very sharp guy...You seriously don't get what the problem is with the auctions? Try to run a test auction like it was real life and see.. I have now tested it twice- in real life and the timer doesn't work in unison with the place bid button...it doesn't matter if you bid a dollar or a hundred dollar. And by the way in this auction I bid 200 at one time and a couple 1 dollar bids for fun and at the end again I bid over a hundred until the very last seconds where I was just going with the preset amount which was a dollar bid.

Really you tested it twice and didn't learn the first time? I'm at least that sharp......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I won the first time...

This second time I kept reloading and waiting for it to close...eventually I stopped reloading and only later I noticed that Rhett bid long after. And that is why I was asking earlier in this thread: when exactly is bidding stopped?

You making it sound like I'm the one butt hurt and I think its you because its pointed out that there is a glitch in the process. This wasn't supposed to be about me or you or Mikey- but the system.

Would you have won?

and if you had bid say $2250 ........
How the hell would I know? Even if i did bid $2250 at the end of the auction...HOW LONG DO OTHER BIDS accepted after its clearly expired?? Rhett could have then bid $2251 and won right? at least 5 minutes after it was closed...

I don't care about this machine, I'm glad for the guy. Maybe it will help him better than it would me... maybe he needed this great deal more than me... My comments were to point out the mistake in the process.

Mikey P

Administrator
And the only one who benefits from a $20 bid increase over a $1 bid increase is you and Mikey.

lame.

Rotovac pays their banner bill through auctions or a check. Either way it's the same amount every month.

Pull the James Cooper out of your ass Marty.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No it wasn't...ask Mikey how I noticed the problem and didn't wana be the winner because I felt like the bidder before me should have been the winner.

rick imby

Name
Rick
At live auctions they extend the auction for another badabadabadabj who whoo wannaana minute after every bid. It gives potential winners an chance to up it.

Mikey just said they get paid the same no matter what so Zee, the guys running the auction have no stake on the outcome---I'm being polite and not saying they don't care---so it is not likely to change. In this case, use your knowledge to your advantage---

I hate timed ending auctions because I am a time un-sensitive guy. I like proxy auctions or live.

The fact that Zee was trying to raise the bid at the end and was unable proves my point that this timed auction did not generate maximum revenue. The whole idea of an auction is to let people bid against each other to get the seller the max price. Normally the auctioneer has a 2 to 30 percent stake in the amount of the auction.

In this case the auctioneer has no stake in the outcome.

The benefit in the end went to Rhett.

Another suggestion Fred---Put a link in the forum that takes us idiots directly to the auction.

FredC

Village Idiot
Rick,

Again the auctions have taken place in multiple formats here. Just because you think something works a certain way doesn't mean it does. EVEN if you have experienced those results elsewhere. Just because someone says "if only" doesn't mean shit. I'm being polite in saying you don't know wtf you're talking about.

There seems to be the impression that we are not happy with the outcome while at the same time saying we have no stake. Neither are true. In fact the auction ended very close to what was expected. We just didn't understand why a certain someone who said they really wanted the item chose to bid in the way they did.

As far as any glitches I always work on them when they surface. I do care that the software works correctly. Every time there is a break in auctions we apply new tweaks. At the same time I don't care that Rhett was able to snag the auction.......congrats to him.

There are also links directly to the auctions in the auction threads...........

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would think the timer is universal and after the last bid pushs bidding out 2 hours is that a 2 our extension of the auction or 2 hours from the time of the last bid? Are you watching the timer as you place your last bid? if so maybe both clicked at the same time but your internet is faster 5ms and hoser has suck internet 150ms serious lag. so he wins by lag???

I dont know but that sucks I was pulling for you Zee! thats why I stopped bidding and I got a hoss!

FredC

Village Idiot
No its as Zee described. The phrase on the timer indicates expired while the place bid is active until the cron runs closing the auction. I believe I have fixed it.

IDGAS about this auction in particular because he knew about it..........

Reactions: Zee and SamIam

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No its as Zee described. The phrase on the timer indicates expired while the place bid is active until the cron runs closing the auction. I believe I have fixed it.

IDGAS about this auction in particular because he knew about it..........

Thanks that's all I wanted. I wanted you guys to see it wasn't working right. I told you I don't care about this auction item...I just wanted all of us to have an understanding: when do you stop bidding?
And as I said I offered the winning back to the person that had the highest bid at the perceived auction ending time.
I'm not the type that would have wanted to start winning all the auctions just because I found a glitch/loophole or whatever. I wanted it to be fair for all the brokedicks that may need a great deal more than me.

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've been thinking long and had about this and after much thought and consulting with others much smarter than I, the answer is clear.

Send all the entries to me.

I will use a big fat kindergarten crayon and put your name and your dollar amount on a post-it. At the end of the auction I'll have my pet monkey Jocko pull one of the post-it's out and declare a winner. I'll charge no fee for this so everyone still gets their fair split.

I'll only ask that if you want to win, you slip me more money than the next guy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom