Auction New Rotovac 360XL SUPER AUCTION

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Actually I love my 360i just got be real careful without it! Learn to slow it down around edges!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Does this one have crack able gears if you hit a door jam?
Don't hit door jams or HVAC vent covers. What I've noticed is straight on you can get close but at any angle you're asking for trouble. I get as close as I can without hitting it and cut it in with the wand. I want to flush that area as best I can because it needs it the most but I don't want to damage the transition.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Mine was less then 3 months old I was finishing a house threw the spring loaded garage door entry to the house tried a quick pass with 360i door came back to quick pushed it into doorway metal molding and it was major damage!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Soooooo....who had the last bid??

I had the highest bid after the auction was expired, at 1991...for about 15-20 minutes. Refreshed/reloaded the page at least 8-10 times. As I was waiting for the winner's email. About an hour later I checked in and there was a dollar higher bid. So when exactly is the time that bidding stops?

Mikey P

Administrator
Somebody named Rhett won.

Why none of you last minute bidders didn't go with more than a $1.00 is beyond me.

rxa.jpg

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What's weird is the fact that we bid at the last seconds and I was holding 1991 as time was expired and then we see Rhett having a bid minutes later.
This is the same thing Mikey I was talking about after the turbo hybrid auction.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The 1888 bid was probably at the same time or as the 1990 bid was put in but not processed.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Don't know...but it's safe to say bidding is still enabled after the time has expired so don't stop bidding until it won't take your bids.

Maybe Fred needs to synchronize the timer and "place bid"buttons to work together.

FredC

Village Idiot
But what would I know I have only sold a few things on ebay----$1,700,000+
This isn't ebay........and ebay doesn't even work like that........

so I'm not sure what you are trying to say......

FredC

Village Idiot
Don't know...but it's safe to say bidding is still enabled after the time has expired so don't stop bidding until it won't take your bids.

Maybe Fred needs to synchronize the timer and "place bid"buttons to work together.

It works as it should. You know how you could have won? By not hoping to win by a dollar............

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm not a cheapskate..... The only reason I did the dollar bid was the time constraints. I wanted to make sure I submitted the bid on time with the default increment already typed in. If I was gonna change the number I would have been late. According to the board counter. But that obviously didn't stop bidding when it expired...

I wasn't blaming you or Mikey but there is an issue with the "place bid" button accepting bids After the timer shows that it expired.

Reactions: rick imby

rick imby

Name
Rick
No ebay doesn't work like that but you would get more revenue and nobody could complain about their bid not making it in. Just a suggestion, You would get a lot of guys twisting for 2 minutes or 5 minutes on whether to up their bid again. I think with several guys ON this auction you would have gotten a bit more money.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm not a cheapskate..... The only reason I did the dollar bid was the time constraints. I wanted to make sure I submitted the bid on time with the default increment already typed in. If I was gonna change the number I would have been late. According to the board counter. But that obviously didn't stop bidding when it expired...

I wasn't blaming you or Mikey but there is an issue with the "place bid" button accepting bids After the timer shows that it expired.

So just to add to what I'm saying...

It doesn't matter even if I had more than a dollar bid the guy could have out bid that too just by being able to bid after the time was expired.

FredC

Village Idiot
Rick...I'm not sure if you are aware but we have had it where it extended the auction.......we also vary the increment amount. There is no dramatic increase in revenue to be had. Not that we don't try to maximize it.

This auction setup in particular, however, was by request (low start/ low increment)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom