!!!NEW RULE!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PICK ON KEN SNOW AND GREG COLE WHEN THEY THUMP THEIR CHESTS HERE.

just because they cant clean Berber worth a damn, does not mean they don't have feelings like us superior craftsmen. :!:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We are the company that about 30 other cleaning companies use in this market to correct their mishaps with berber and other carpet types, not to mention rugs.

No need to tell people to stop picking on me. Like Greg I can take it fine. If someone did in fact mess with his business that is low beyond belief, the rest of it is just the typical Jr High bs that makes this school yard what it is.

I'm still in School.

Mikey P

Administrator
Let me ask about fixing Berbers.

Lets assume it wicked/browned/streaked because it was not pre vacuumed, rinsed thoroughly and not dry stroked enough.

How does Hagopian fix that without a 175 or upright vacuum on the truck?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Couldn't you just spray it with a product like Yellow Rx, rake it in and go set up, rinse it off, maybe mist a little more vacuum and leave?
8)

We don't have 175's on our trucks either, but if we knew it was a problem prior to arrival we would throw the orbot on the truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
That is one (stinky) way to deal with it. Isn't' Yellow RX just another Bisulfite product?

We often times, spray down an Encap and cotton pad it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Let me ask about fixing Berbers.

Lets assume it wicked/browned/streaked because it was not pre vacuumed, rinsed thoroughly and not dry stroked enough.

How does Hagopian fix that without a 175 or upright vacuum on the truck?

It's actually quite simple. Reclean, moving a little slower, using a non-glided wand. You'll get the agitation you need and clean deeper than the tips of the nap without resorting to a shampooer.

Spraying a bleach or dirt hider on a poor cleaning job shouldn't make you feel sunny inside.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
back when I worked for another company we were over worked and under paid. moral was very low, when you watched other people suck so bad at their job and get away with it, after a while, you realize why am I working so hard, the owners daughter just got promoted to the job my boss was supposed to get so that means I can't move up to his job. anyways I had something I called carpet cleaner in a can :lol: :lol: sometimes we would be too lazy to pull out the hoses and clean the water damaged carpet after we just reinstalled it, so carpet cleaner in a can to the rescue. a few little mists here and there, a couple white towels to buff out any trouble spots, boom clean carpets. this worked great if a few water spots was our only problem. our motto was if it looks clean and smells clean, by god its clean. I was the only one around there that knew the chemistry of chemicals so everyone thought I was some type of magician, all it was, was some fabset and a little smell good in d-air. If I was a ken snow technician carpet cleaner in a can might work great on such a problem, if it was really really bad, I would take some cobbs reducing agent and actually pour some in the water box of the truckmount directly, then rinse the carpets with it. that usually works bomb digity.

ken, do you seriously not have your guys carry any type of ability to pre vac a carpet on their trucks?? I don't often use a vac myself but sometimes you just have to. if you don't the carpets will get dirty very quickly after being cleaned, this is something I always educate the customer on. just try once not vacuuming your carpets in your own home for a couple months and see how much little stains pop up. I found this out myself my vac quit working at my house and since my wife uses it I didn't know.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Citric Acid but they have a deodorant in there that smells good.

We would Encap too, if we knew ahead of time.

However if they ran into it on the job they would spray, rake and dwell.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PICK ON KEN SNOW AND GREG COLE WHEN THEY THUMP THEIR CHESTS HERE.

just because they cant clean Berber worth a damn, does not mean they don't have feelings like us superior craftsmen. :!:

I'm just glad I didn't get lumped in with them. :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i actually DID stel a few Hagopian clients..which is fairly normal in our business.......

jus an acid rinse...blow an' go.........!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian R said:
[quote="Mikey P":20qdrfci]NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PICK ON KEN SNOW AND GREG COLE WHEN THEY THUMP THEIR CHESTS HERE.

consider yoruself added! shiteatinggrin Sorry Brian -it appears that I have stolen your thunder. Ivebeensold jk

I'm just glad I didn't get lumped in with them. :mrgreen:[/quote:20qdrfci]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
Sorry Brian,
Here's the deal.
I'll leave you alone, as long as you leave my name our of any post that has "Butt Hurt" in it! :shock:

:mrgreen:

No deal. shiteatinggrin

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How about not causing the Browning/Wicking in the first place. I haven't had a browning/ wicking problem of my causing in years. Occasionally I might have a stain re- appear. Cole takes the easy/ subpar way out by "dry cleaning". OMG.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
bob vawter said:
i actually DID stel a few Hagopian clients..which is fairly normal in our business.......

jus an acid rinse...blow an' go.........!

I plead the 5th. shiteatinggrin But thats only because they have a large share of the market in the D.

CarpetKING

l charged $495 for 7rooms, a hall, and stairs - can l thump my chest? :p

Obviously not a normal price in this area but it was Destroyed and we saved it

Was a rental - saved property mgmt company 3-4k in new carpets

Even pre-vacuumed... :mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
The whole berber thing kills me... I picked up a great rental community(144 units) account this year, and they have that cheap poly(2 years old) that is wearing like shit... Anyway I suggested to her when they replace they should go with berber. What so hard about cleaning it? Just go slow with the dry strokes.. :roll: If it's humid crank the A/C. :mrgreen:

CarpetKING

Able 1 said:
The whole berber thing kills me... I picked up a great rental community(144 units) account this year, and they have that cheap poly(2 years old) that is wearing like shit... Anyway I suggested to her when they replace they should go with berber. What so hard about cleaning it? Just go slow with the dry strokes.. :roll: If it's humid crank the A/C. :mrgreen:

What type of berber? What kills me is the P-E-T Polyester carpets - starting to see more and more of that in rental houses. Wears terribly and doesnt clean well at all. What do you guys use on it?

Able 1

Name
Keith
CarpetKING said:
What type of berber? What kills me is the P-E-T Polyester carpets - starting to see more and more of that in rental houses. Wears terribly and doesnt clean well at all. What do you guys use on it?

Any type... Haven't ran into one I don't like.

Anything you use won't take out the wear, that poly is straight garbage!! Anyone who sells it should be ashamed of themselves!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Keith- The good thing about poly is that it pretty much looks like shit after a few years and doesn't get much worse thereafter. I do a complex of 24 with low end poly that is probably 15-20 years old and they have replaced very few of the units carpets. I have cleaned them since they were new.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Unglided my ass.. Slot glide.
0122.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Doug Cox said:
Keith- The good thing about poly is that it pretty much looks like shit after a few years and doesn't get much worse thereafter. I do a complex of 24 with low end poly that is probably 15-20 years old and they have replaced very few of the units carpets. I have cleaned them since they were new.

Well these units are only 2 years old... :shock: They clean up real well, but how about the smashed/laying flat the carpet fiber after 2 years :roll: .. I'll get some pics.. I think the "new" poly is different then what your cleaning... What they are makeing now is SHIT(trust me it's shit)!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom