!!!NEW RULE!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg's guys are not taught technique, they're taught to upsell and how to politely ask if they can use the bath tub.

If they figure out how to clean a rug along the way, all the more power to them.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
meAt said:
berbers are easy and always have been ...EXCEPT for those with poor technique

..L.T.A.

I agree with that for sure.

Mikey- ur too much! At least no one will ever accuse you of being poitically correct.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
With Chem-Dry, we prayed for berber.

I do agree with the dry cleaning of berber...it's just easier and always came out really well if not better.
I would always follow HWE with quick bonnet anyway.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Brian you've got me confused with your definition of "Dry Cleaning"?
Lucy would you splain it to me? :mrgreen:

Did you also charge more for Dry Cleaning?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dry cleaning equals

Vacuum Werner style, spray some mineral water mixed with CO2, 175 with some bonnets, get your money and run. lol

I had to charge more money for Chem-Dry jobs....I couldn't stay in business otherwise because of the franchise fees, the overkill insurance I had to have, the out of this F'ing world prices on solutions and the fact that I had to buy their crappy equipment and couldn't use anything else no matter what.
Great company! :roll:

Edit: I guess it's considered low moisture but you get the idea.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have no idea.

I was brainwashed years ago into thinking Chem-Dry was "dry cleaning"...some habits die hard.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I assumed dry compounds, but actually that would be worse if they are just bonneting and calling it Dry Cleaning and up selling it to customers that have Berber.

I have no problem with the method, it would be the reason for charging more. Should actually be less, it's easier to roll in a 175 than to lug in a $900.00 portable.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian- Have you ever actually seen a berber cleaned correctly with HWE side by side with dry cleaning. Your statement really says alot about the type of product you offer because I can guarantee you would never get a dirty berber clean by dry cleaning it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've cleaned plenty of berber with my TM a few years ago. I would go back over it sometimes with a bonnet.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
IMO, the only reason to bonnet a berber following cleaning is because your TM isn't powerful enough to recover the water you're pumping into it. There inlies your attitude about dry cleaning it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doug Cox said:
IMO, the only reason to bonnet a berber following cleaning is because your TM isn't powerful enough to recover the water you're pumping into it. There inlies your attitude about dry cleaning it.

remember ..DouG...mArY was a CHEM-LIE..."prodigy"..... :roll: :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It takes out the perty lines and I don't care what you say, I've operated some bigger tms and and it still is a good idea to post bonnet.

G

Gnu

I am thinking any new carpet within the past five years is absolute crap. Thank God I live in an area with carpets dating back as far as 1965. Nope not kidding. and those carpets are awesome. Even the ugly orange ones Clean easy and never show signs of wear.

cleaning the shitty cleaning, vac, half strength mix of encap, and citric acid blended. bonnet. then dry bonnet. ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom