Orangeforce123

Approx 2.72 for the whole hydroforce, the ph should be around 11.5 at that mix.
Thanks curt

ps that price is after using this promotion code at checkout. FE25
Thank you for trying my product.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just spent 4 hours cleaning the F.O.B at the airport.....I do it every 6 months and the place is always a mess....coffee spills every where and I think some one keeps turning there damn plane around in there... and used orangeforce from start to finish and it did just as good as the other stuff that I have been using...smells pretty good and seemed to rinse out nice...stayed pretty consistent from start to finish.....I give it 2 thumbs up..........

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jim Martin & FCC WOW!! :shock: That is quite a contrast in experiences and opinions. What gives??? :?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I understand Georgia and Arizona having different soil types but I didn't think that would make that much of a difference. Do you have a high concentration of clay in Georgia? That must be a real B to deal with. I didn't think the difference in soil types would be so dramatic, that sucks dude.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
types of soils makes all the difference....and the way each of us clean...(temps, PSI, ETC) make a huge difference on how chemicals react....

Jim Martin said:
types of soils makes all the difference....and the way each of us clean...(temps, PSI, ETC) make a huge difference on how chemicals react....

It's all about the heat plain and simple. I am using my Legend which is bypassing and I have not replaced the 145 degree sensor so the water is lukewarm at best. Even using a nuclear prespray at double strength doesn't clean like 200 degree water with a good emulsifier. Yes it is all about the heat. Take an efficient machine, any decent prespray, and a good emulsifier and carpet should clean regardless to the type of soiling and water hardness. That is my take. If Jim Martin says the juice is good then it is good stuff.

FCC said:
I'm not saying its junk. In fact it cleans ok (all do)......but thats it.

I found it difficult to rinse at dilutions that were effective (10 flow @450 psi) and had to do more passes than normal to get close to same results as say ultrapac. I tend to prefer a broad range prespray (ultrapac, powermax, powerburst) boosted (energy, SP, 40vol, etc) as necessary based on the actual conditions where I'm cleaning.

I find the orange smell nauseating also........

I once heard all chemicals are measured against Prochem chems and I guess it is true.

FCC said:

I found it difficult to rinse at dilutions that were effective (10 flow @450 psi) and had to do more passes than normal to get close to same results as say ultrapac. I tend to prefer a broad range prespray (ultrapac, powermax, powerburst) boosted (energy, SP, 40vol, etc) as necessary based on the actual conditions where I'm cleaning.

I find it actually cleans a bit better than Powermax when Boosted. But, It doesnt compare to either both Powerburst and Powerstrike. I do like the Orange smell though. I think the booster is their best product and the only thing that I would actually purchase.

When you look at our customer mix about 50% of people use all of our products, about 25% use three of our products, and about 25% use two of the 
products. I think that's the kind of result that FCC may have got. I use all of the products obviously.   I think we have a good product,  we tried to keep them as enviromentally freindly as possible, and safe.  The only questionable Chem is the stpp in the OF1.  

Power burst ( I could not find info on ultrapac or powermax)

For your information both power strike and power burst contain Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (2-butoxyethanol, CH3CH2CH2CH2OCH2CH2OH), a widely used solvent in paintings and surface coatings, cleaning products and inks. We have a formula much like these only stronger that we were considering for a tile and grout cleaner. The reason I have not approved the formula is because of safty reasons.

It is recommended that one use precautions when working with glycol ethers such as 2-butoxyethanol, as it is toxic. Employers are required by United States federal law to inform employees when they are working with these substances.[1]
Some animal studies indicate that it produces reproductive problems, such as reduced fertility, death of embryos and birth defects.[2] People exposed to high levels of 2-butoxyethanol for several hours have reported nose and eye irritation, headaches, vomiting and a metallic taste in their mouths. In addition to inhaling 2-butoxyethanol vapor, research has shown that skin can also absorb 2-butoxyethanol vapor from the air, making skin a major pathway of exposure to this chemical. It has been linked to some autoimmune diseases such as chronic fatigue syndrome and autism and some forms of anemia.
2-Butoxyethanol is frequently found in popular cleaning products. It is difficult for consumers to know whether their favorite cleaner contains the chemical because manufacturers are not required to list it on the label.[3][4]
This compound is on California's list of hazardous substances,[5] though it was removed from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency?'s list of hazardous air pollutants in 1994.[6]
In recent years 2-butoxyethanol has come under increased scrutiny in Canada, and Environment and Health Canada has recommended that it be added to Schedule 1 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA).[7]
William Nazaroff, a professor of environmental engineering and chairman of the Energy and Resources Group at UC Berkeley, has argued that EGBE should have remained on the federal contaminants list, and concluded in a study that the use of some common household cleaning products containing EGBE could expose people to levels 12 times greater than California's one-hour guideline, especially when indoor use is considered.[3] These products are not required to list it on the label when diluted to a certain point. The safety of the products is defended by the American Chemistry Council and the Soap and Detergent Association, industry trade groups.
[edit]Environmental impact

2-Butoxyethanol usually decomposes in the environment within a few days and has not been identified as a major environmental contaminant. It is not known to build up in any plant or animal species.[8]

I have a formula for our tile cleaning Chem that is much stronger. I don't know if I want anything dangerous in our product line.

orangeforce123 said:
Power burst ( I could not find info on ultrapac or powermax)

For your information both power strike and power burst contain Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (2-butoxyethanol, CH3CH2CH2CH2OCH2CH2OH), a widely used solvent in paintings and surface coatings, cleaning products and inks. We have a formula much like these only stronger that we were considering for a tile and grout cleaner. The reason I have not approved the formula is because of safty reasons.

It is recommended that one use precautions when working with glycol ethers such as 2-butoxyethanol, as it is toxic. Employers are required by United States federal law to inform employees when they are working with these substances.[1]
Some animal studies indicate that it produces reproductive problems, such as reduced fertility, death of embryos and birth defects.[2] People exposed to high levels of 2-butoxyethanol for several hours have reported nose and eye irritation, headaches, vomiting and a metallic taste in their mouths. In addition to inhaling 2-butoxyethanol vapor, research has shown that skin can also absorb 2-butoxyethanol vapor from the air, making skin a major pathway of exposure to this chemical. It has been linked to some autoimmune diseases such as chronic fatigue syndrome and autism and some forms of anemia.
2-Butoxyethanol is frequently found in popular cleaning products. It is difficult for consumers to know whether their favorite cleaner contains the chemical because manufacturers are not required to list it on the label.[3][4]
This compound is on California's list of hazardous substances,[5] though it was removed from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency?'s list of hazardous air pollutants in 1994.[6]
In recent years 2-butoxyethanol has come under increased scrutiny in Canada, and Environment and Health Canada has recommended that it be added to Schedule 1 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA).[7]
William Nazaroff, a professor of environmental engineering and chairman of the Energy and Resources Group at UC Berkeley, has argued that EGBE should have remained on the federal contaminants list, and concluded in a study that the use of some common household cleaning products containing EGBE could expose people to levels 12 times greater than California's one-hour guideline, especially when indoor use is considered.[3] These products are not required to list it on the label when diluted to a certain point. The safety of the products is defended by the American Chemistry Council and the Soap and Detergent Association, industry trade groups.
[edit]Environmental impact

2-Butoxyethanol usually decomposes in the environment within a few days and has not been identified as a major environmental contaminant. It is not known to build up in any plant or animal species.[8]

Yeah...I think we all know what's in Powerstrike/powerburst. We also know butyl is not good for your health if you inhale it all day long, day in and day out.But, that stuff sure cleans like nobody's Biznit!!

I could have samples that are much stronger than that so you would have a better coverage than those. If anyone would like to try them. No big deal since it is my tile product.
Let me know.

Daniel no it doesn't but it would be easy to let you try some with it. I will check tues or wed about getting some enzymes and a ratio.

orangeforce123 said:
I could have samples that are much stronger than that so you would have a better coverage than those. If anyone would like to try them. No big deal since it is my tile product.
Let me know.

FOr Carpet??...ANd why not whip up some nuclear stuff for some of us hacks?? Actually, If I can find a product without butyl that works as good as Powerburst/powerstrike....Then Id would GLADLY switch.

It doesn't matter what the lable says it is for it is also the main product in spot shot. It is just a safty issue with me, nothing else.

I was thinking about applying for a grant to develop a green healthy product that works for carpet cleaning and carwash industry that works and is affordable.

The Asian Sensation!! said:
orangeforce123 said:
Let me know.

FOr Carpet??...ANd why not whip up some nuclear stuff for some of us hacks?? Actually, If I can find a product without butyl that works as good as Powerburst/powerstrike....Then Id would GLADLY switch.

its all ready there...Grease Eraser.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
You want nuclear try my recipe of 8-6-3 in 6 gts of hot water and put in a 7 gt hydroforce with no tip. 11.5 ph

Lyman said:
You want nuclear try my recipe of 8-6-3 in 6 gts of hot water and put in a 7 gt hydroforce with no tip. 11.5 ph

Ermmm, I was the one that posted earlier that used it at 8-6-3. FIrst..I used it on a moderately soiled Nylon and it did really well. Then a few days later was when the BIG test came. Matter of fact, I tried it on two types of carpet that was BaAaAaad. First one was nasty ass white Berber in a living room and stairs. I did half the room with OF123 and the other with Powerburst/powerstrike combo. The half that was cleaned with OF123 did clean up good. But, I had to make alot more cleaning passes and it took me noticeably longer. WIth Powerburst....It was just alot faster and easier. (but, I just haveta deal with the butyl).

The second job was just reg Nylon. But, this one was nasty. Once again, I did the half/half test. The carpet came out really nice both side. But, agian...I had to do alot more cleaning passes (meaning longer dry time If I didnt have an Airpath)and it took me longer with the OF123. With Powerburst/powerstrike...It only took about 1-2 slow cleaning passes for it to come clean on this nylon carpet.

But, MAN!! I hate the smell of Bowerburst though. SMells like CRaaAaAp!

Ps- I didnt bother with the acid rinse since these were Dirty ass carpet. I mixed up Genicare's Clean-It at half DIlution instead.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I forgot to mention I mechanically aggitate every carpet, 175 or sebo. I used more today at 4-1.5-1 in a regular hydro jug on stain resist nylon and it came out great again. I am going to switch.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
danielc said:
FCC said:

I once heard all chemicals are measured against Prochem chems and I guess it is true.

I have tried all sorts of so called wonder chemicals and never find them to stack up to prochems when the carpet is really dirty, looks like this orangeforce is going to take the place of judson juice, pretty soon we will have threads saying look what I did with orangeforce today, or I have a question about orangeforce, as long as a few guys are getting free cases of juice I see no reason why it would not be the new board prespray, BTW prochem if you are reading this, where is my free juice??

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its my challenge with the O2, over use.
I could probably cut the mix I'm using in half and it would work with scrubbing i normally give it. I used a few oz's of Hot sauce and 8oz in a yellow tip hF, no scrub, worked fine. I can have 3 bottles, 1 O2, 1 rinse, 1 small Hot sauce, that will work miracles on the most trashed carpet. Won't be giving it up any time soon.
If I do, it would be for something a lot more eviro friendly that still works just as good. If its available.

Aaron Richards said:
Tried it Saturday in a credit union they only have me clean once a year, if that. LOTS of traffic in this place. Mixed it 12, 6, 6 in a 4 to 1 hydroforce, scrubbed with 175 and green striped pad and voila!!! Looked great! Got lots of comments on the smell, too. Have yet to use just the residential stuff.

Finally used the residential today. Little confusing, the bag the sample is in says 1 oz per gallon and the sheet says 2 oz per gallon. I used 2 oz per gallon with 1 oz of #3 per gallon and it worked great. Not sure if it will replace 02 in my van, but I may order more and give it a shot.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Lyman said:
I forgot to mention I mechanically aggitate every carpet, 175 or sebo. I used more today at 4-1.5-1 in a regular hydro jug on stain resist nylon and it came out great again. I am going to switch.

You do realize you striped the stain resistance off that nylon right? Don't get me wrong I'll do the same on a nasty, but OF 123 isen't for everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom