Our equipment cost vs other industries

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lets just take one example when it comes to equipment cost.So you say the average is 1million gross for the life of a 30k$ investment for a T/M all rigged up ok so now you you factor in all the operational and maintinence cost.(not good)
So say you go out and buy 30k$ worth of Cimex all rigged up. lol ok so now you factor in all the opperational cost and maintinence cost.lol This cost commparison would give you atleast 8 cimex machines. EACH Cimex machine would produce as much production on the average if you were dual wanding with the one T/M So for the same cost you are getting 8x the production.

I could well imagine that the life expectancy of a cimex would easily match a T/M

Just an example. Do the math. I personally think this is great.

Commercial and residential are two different things.

Oh and on big commercial a high speed buffer and xerion will outproduce the cimex by 10 fold at less than a third the cost....and the juice is much cheaper too, dries faster and looks just as good.

But resi and restaraunts is where HWE is the king.

Take care,
Lisa

Take care,
Lisa

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
More cleaners might be starting with LM or VLM, not because its a superior method, but more likely because the learning curve is VL , and the startup costs are VL. You can buy a host machine (used) and the powder for couple hundred and hang your shingle.
Ron you are talking funny now.You should know that their is no such thing as a superiour method. All methods have their strengths and weakneses.It is only the given set of circamstances that sets one method apart from the other.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the difference in your comparisons is that ONE 30K TM is used by one person, Eight Cimexes would require enough work for 8 people
Plus, hard to use Cimex in residential, where as a TM can be used almost anywhere.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
the difference in your comparisons is that ONE 30K TM is used by one person, Eight Cimexes would require enough work for 8 people
Plus, hard to use Cimex in residential, where as a TM can be used almost anywhere.
Ron the point is that each cimex will do the same volume as each T/M (wow what a cost difference eh)
And you can take a cimex anywere wereas a T/M is only good for situations where the ambilical cord will permit.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In the metro detroit area we are able to TM clean more than 99.5% of our residential jobs. We probably use a portable on 5-10 a week out of 1000-1300. We feel lm or vlm is applicable for commercial work but too slow and costly for residential. Been there, done that and numbers for us are clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron the point is that each cimex will do the same volume as each T/M (wow what a cost difference eh)
And you can take a cimex anywere wereas a T/M is only good for situations where the ambilical cord will permit.
Ummm Mr. One Trick Pony you need a power cord for those Cimex and its a much shorter umbilical cord! :icon_rolleyes:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ron has a very good point about work amount needed to supply the cimex need.

In other words mardie if you talk about expenses in running a tm, what about the added marketing cost and effort to bring in the needed work for all those cimexes.
What about the huge labor cost that you will have for the 8 people running the units? Compare to one guy that handles a tm. Who might be the owner anyways so he can exempt himself from workers comp.
What about the cost of buying more vehicles to taxi those cimexes? What about the fuel cost for the extra 4 - 8 vehicles and insurance cost on all of them? Lettering all of them?
When you talk about expenses there are a lot more to consider than just purchase of the cimex, and a bucket and releasit.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
In the metro detroit area we are able to TM clean more than 99.5% of our residential jobs. We probably use a portable on 5-10 a week out of 1000-1300. We feel lm or vlm is applicable for commercial work but too slow and costly for residential. Been there, done that and numbers for us are clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I get a real kick out of how all you hwe guys wont even admit the cost difference benifets from one peice of equipment to another in a given situation such as i have demonstrated. This thread is about cost commparison and i have demonstrated a very good point,i think. Why does nobody on this board want to aknowledege this?
Again this thread is about cost comparison.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ron has a very good point about work amount needed to supply the cimex need.

In other words mardie if you talk about expenses in running a tm, what about the added marketing cost and effort to bring in the needed work for all those cimexes.
What about the huge labor cost that you will have for the 8 people running the units? Compare to one guy that handles a tm. Who might be the owner anyways so he can exempt himself from workers comp.
What about the cost of buying more vehicles to taxi those cimexes? What about the fuel cost for the extra 4 - 8 vehicles and insurance cost on all of them? Lettering all of them?
When you talk about expenses there are a lot more to consider than just purchase of the cimex, and a bucket and releasit.
1 CIMEX = 1 TM
8 CIMEX = 8 TM

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You are the one that brought it up to buy instead of 30grand tm equivalent value of cimexes. You didn't say 1tm to 1cimex cost comparison.

So I think you are wrong to now point to cost of running 1tm vs 1 cimex.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I picked up on your inference of 1C=1TM but I was pointing out that a Cimex has limited usage. If someone wants to go after large sf'age jobs, thats the tool. Easy to use, works well, relative costs aren't that great. Could purchase a floor machine and pads for less however which is more along your point anyway.
I have done many MANY jobs however worth $1000's over the years where a Cimex would have been useless. A bonnet, or Host, would have been useless.
While there are places a TM can't get to, its not the "ultimate" machine in that you won't need anything else, it is the most versatile, the most adaptable.

A portable HWE unit would actually be the best startup equipment. Its biggest downfall is the training needed to use it correctly. It takes very little training to use a Cimex, but you can mess things up badly with a portable.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I get a real kick out of how all you hwe guys wont even admit the cost difference benifets from one peice of equipment to another in a given situation such as i have demonstrated. This thread is about cost commparison and i have demonstrated a very good point,i think. Why does nobody on this board want to aknowledege this?

If cost vs. production is the basket you're putting all of your eggs in then a high speed buffer and Xerion will outproduce the cimex by 10 fold at less than a third the cost of equipment and the juice is much cheaper too, dries faster and looks just as good. So why aren't you doing that?

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Get it straight, Mr One trick pony, we (Chavez) are not "HWE guys", we are carpet cleaners! We are not defined by a method, we use what out experience has shown us works best for the carpet in question.

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."
Abraham Maslow

Reactions: Zee and Hoody

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You are the one that brought it up to buy instead of 30grand tm equivalent value of cimexes. You didn't say 1tm to 1cimex cost comparison.

So I think you are wrong to now point to cost of running 1tm vs 1 cimex.
Sure wish you could comprehend the written word so i would not have to keep explaining it to you. I clearly stated that the cimex tm comment was an example not a suggestion to go out and buy one machine over the other.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Get it straight, Mr One trick pony, we (Chavez) are not "HWE guys", we are carpet cleaners! We are not defined by a method, we use what out experience has shown us works best for the carpet in question.

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."
Abraham Maslow
So were do you keep coming up with this one trick pony shit anyway? Do your research before you go sticking your foot in your mouth.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
If cost vs. production is the basket you're putting all of your eggs in then a high speed buffer and Xerion will outproduce the cimex by 10 fold at less than a third the cost of equipment and the juice is much cheaper too, dries faster and looks just as good. So why aren't you doing that?

Take care,
Lisa
Good point. I bought the Xerion hand grinder pads Chems and pressure sprayer about 2 years ago looking for a faster way to clean steps.Did not produce the results that i was accustomed to. I do have one of their big pads for use on a 350 rotary but the step cleaning experience put the kybosh on the idea of trying that on open carpet.

Lisa my comments on this thread is in realation to equipment cost commparison and that is it. Just about cost commparison.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not that it's exactly the right analogy, but this back and forth kind of reminds me of-

[FONT=&amp]Bob's new rifle[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Bob was excited about his new .338 rifle and decided to try bear hunting. He traveled up to Alaska, spotted a small brown bear and shot it. Soon after there was a tap on his shoulder, and he turned around to see a big black bear. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The black bear said, "That was a very bad mistake. That bear was my cousin. I'm going to give you two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have sex."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]After considering briefly, Bob decided to accept the latter alternative. So the black bear had his way with Bob.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Even though he felt sore for two weeks, Bob soon recovered and vowed revenge. He headed out on another trip to Alaska where he found the black bear and shot it dead. Right after, there was another tap on his shoulder. This time a huge grizzly bear stood right next to him. The grizzly said "That was a big mistake, Bob. That bear was my cousin and you've got two choices -- either I maul you to death or we have rough sex."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Again, Bob thought it was better to co-operate with the grizzly bear than be mauled to death. So the grizzly had his way with Bob.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Although he survived, it took several months before Bob fully recovered. Now Bob was completely outraged, so he headed back to Alaska and managed to track down the grizzly bear and shot it. He felt sweet revenge, but then, moments later, there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a giant polar bear standing there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The polar bear looked at him and said, "Admit it, Bob, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"[/FONT]

Reactions: Chris A
F

FB7777

TMs are also exceedingly versatile pieces of equipment , upholstery and tile can not be cleaned using a Cimex

Forget equipment costs... When your TM consistently brings in 250K a year and is reliable for the 8-10 year life of the system, you tend not to focus on the relative low cost of initial, maintainable and variable expense such as fuel

TMs are not going anywhere , Mardie you are completely clueless, evidenced by all the contradicting opinions here and the real world experience myself and others in this thread

The fact that Chavez is banging on your butt uncharacteristicly has me convinced you are not a real person though... More like a dumber version of Lumpkin

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
TMs are also exceedingly versatile pieces of equipment , upholstery and tile can not be cleaned using a Cimex
O
Forget equipment costs... When your TM consistently brings in 250K a year and is reliable for the 8-10 year life of the system, you tend not to focus on the relative low cost of initial, maintainable and variable expense such as fuel

TMs are not going anywhere , Mardie you are completely clueless, evidenced by all the contradicting opinions here and the real world experience myself and others in this thread

The fact that Chavez is banging on your butt uncharacteristicly has me convinced you are not a real person though... More like a dumber version of Lumpkin

That's what I said too...I'm not convinced that he is a real person. I guess he may be "related" to Darren Lumpkin's family.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

The point i was making is that the TMs role in carpet cleaning has been severily reduced to the advancment in the LM industry and this will lower our costs ALOT. Let me guess you dont agree.So if i said that black is a darker color than white you would not agree either?
Did you realy think that you had to point out to me that T/G and upholstry can not be cleaned with a cimex? Are you simple?

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
WTF is up with this new, kinder, gentler Fred Boyle? Bring back the miserable prick or is he getting old and soft? :eekk:
And you got "Lil Dick" Chavez dry humping your leg? Geez Mardie - welcome to my world....:rockon:

F

FB7777

truck mountI'm trying to make it simple for an obtuse imbecile such as yourself Mardie

My Butler = $250,000 annual gross revenue

Your cimex = ????

To me your 8 cimexs vs 1 truck mount is like

1 Backhoe vs 8 Chavezs with shovels

Real tools for real professionals... Go big or go home

Youll never be really successful in this biz without the best tool which is a truckmount

Lest you end up like a broken down whiny bitch like Wilbur schlepping a porty up stairs complaining about 14 hour days ...

If I was putting in your hours I'd be doing $400,000+ on my truck.

Stop banging out empties for $65 only to die at the end of a wand dumbass...

Luis that better Willy ? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No Fred- the miserable,self centered, ignorant ass(ole. You know what I mean - the utter apex of assholery, the pinnacle of prickery, the guy that goes low for the cheap shots. Deep down, I'm sure there's some semblance of him in you. Or are you turning into a pussy from watching too much Oprah with your hair up in curlers eating bonbons? :dejection:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Ofer I knew I could count on you!
Anything but please don't write another rambling episode about the life and times of the black bear shhehhht. :p

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom