Out With the New and IN with the OLD!

Jeff Woods from Indiana took a road trip to Judson to upgrade to a higher performance machine. Jeff was fairly happy with the heat of his Thermal Wave until he went to high flow. The Thermal Wave would not sustain temperature with a high flow system. His new TNT will sustain 240 degrees high flow.

100_3262.jpg

One of the issues that Jeff was having with his Thermal Wave was extreme difficulty repairing the unit. The TNT will have about a 50% operating cost savings. Before Jeff left, he asked, “Where is the manual for the unit?” I replied, “The manual is on the front of the unit.” It is the white sticker going down the left side. That is how simple aTNT really is.

100_3258.jpg

We also removed the pump out system off the Thermal Wave and mounted it on the TNT, but we added a real nice inline filter system to it. We left the Blue Line water pond and reel system, and when we were finished, Jeff had considerably more room in his van.

100_3257.jpg

100_3260.jpg

Jeff’s life story is very interesting. He is a retired X-Ray welder from working on offshore oil rigs. Jeff taught us how to weld stainless. He knew a lot of tricks that we knew nothing about

100_3234.jpg

100_3235.jpg

100_3236.jpg

Jeff has very good engineering capabilities. He helped us design this switch system for the recovery tank. The bottom switch is to activate his pump-out system. We eliminated the $180 Blue Line switch with a common high amp boat bilge pump switch. These are very common and can be found locally. The top switch shuts the machine off when the recovery tank is full

100_3247.jpg

100_3249.jpg

We take all our customers who buy a Judson unit from us out to lunch and dinner. We always take our customers to the traditional barbeque hot dog lunch. We also take our customers to the Peddler Steak House. You might recognize the buffalo head from other posts I have made where people have visited with us.

100_3245.jpg

100_3252.jpg

Another tradition is the celebration with upside down pineapple martinis.

100_3251.jpg

The Thermal Wave that we removed has 2000 hours on it. There are several issues with the unit. One is that it will run for only five seconds and then shut off. The second issue is that the electrical thermostat is not preventing the unit from getting too hot when the trigger is released. Jeff was driving quite a few hours to get the unit repaired. That is one of the reasons he decided to get a TNT. 90% of the issues can be repaired over the phone by the operator. This Thermal Wave is available for sale. If anyone is familiar with Thermal Waves and knows how to keep them running, this might be a good opportunity to purchase this unit at a good price. One option for this unit is that Judson can reengineer it for you. When we reengineer a unit we do a total strip of all electrical controls, remove all heat exchangers, all exhaust diverters, solenoid switches, and relays. We remove about ½ mile of wiring, install mechanical throttle control, and upgrade the heat to sustain 240 on a high flow system with the use of a #4 Little Giant heater.

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

Jeff wanted to elevate his game, so he stepped into the Judson elevator and went all the way to the top.

100_3266.jpg

ken horvath

In my area you would have to vent the exhaust from the Heater out of the van. Otherwise the van would get hotter than Hell. Literally.

Mikey P

Administrator
speaking of which, I'm gonna need to vent my heater up and out as well.

Too damn hot.

Les, what do I need to do this and please dont forget to send that gph meter out today for my V

ken horvath said:
In my area you would have to vent the exhaust from the Heater out of the van. Otherwise the van would get hotter than Hell. Literally.

Ken, One of the unique features of the TNT design is the location of the engine. Air cooled engines have a high CFM cooling fan. The TNT engine is mounted with the cooling intake located between the van seats. The air blows around the engine towards the back of the van , picks up the hot exaust air from the Little Giant heater and continues out through the rear doors. You can sit in the seats with the machine running and not feel heat. A roof vent would probably help but is not necessay as we have not had any heat issues.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Les- How long does it take to get a unit built? Do they come in all stainless version with no paint on the frame?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
One of the issues that Jeff was having with his Thermal Wave was extreme difficulty repairing the unit. The TNT will have about a 50% operating cost savings. Before Jeff left, he asked, “Where is the manual for the unit?” I replied, “The manual is on the front of the unit.” It is the white sticker going down the left side. That is how simple aTNT really is.

I"m jealous. Mine didn't come with an instruction sticker :cry:

does that mean the CanAm is even easier to work on?? :wink:

I don't get guys that say your units are good looking Les. For all the paint and spiffiness of the Thermalwave that doesn't work, I'd take the simple looks of a machine that works any time. It does look really good sitting in that van.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i got no instructions either gawd dammit
i was just told to turn the key and away you gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TimP

C Pennington said:
admiralclean said:
What's that big assed blue thing taking up all the room in the van?

Blue line water pond DA....hose reel and fresh tank one piece.

If he'd get his reading glasses out he could of figured it out........but then again maybe not, this is Marty we are talking about.

T

The Magician

Been hearing about alot of problems with the Bluelines lately. Bet he'll miss the big blower.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
the water pond holds 120 gallons of water. Not sure on the 2 1/2 inch hose though.

woodsey

I would like to thank Les and the Judson crew for the installation of my new TNT last Monday and Tuesday. I was to have it done later in the week however my thermal wave would not start on Saturday so I called in hopes of coming in sooner. He actually answered the phone on a Saturday and said come on down . I arrived Monday morning at the shop [ 600 miles one way].Had some minor technical things to figure out and by Tuesday evening I was on my way back to Indiana. My wife had re arranged the schedule and I only missed one small job. I have 8 hours on the machine and one thing I can say for sure is the heat is AWESOME. I run 12 flow at 400 psi 230-240 deg and the heat never drops.The 45 blower is more than enough for single wand. I had Les put a Bayco 15 relief valve on it and it has plenty vac. The chem metering on it is simple and works great, it looks like my rinse chem cost will be going way down. Got to get back to work. Thanks again Les and crew for the great machine and install. PS Thanks also for hospitality and great food! I gotta get me some more of them BBQ dogs!!!! Woodsey

dgargan

Great to see you bought a nice machine Jeff. Did you ever get a Butler you were looking at awhile back for your second unit?

If your ever passing TN again be sure to stop in for another visit.

David

PS those nice lots are still for sale in my subdivsion that we looked at.

gary mackay

The only meal I got from Greenie after getting a TNT installed was 2 tacos & a stanky burrito from El Economy Taco Shop & it was take out?

Mikey P

Administrator
gary mackay said:
The only meal I got from Greenie after getting a TNT installed was 2 tacos & a stanky burrito from El Economy Taco Shop & it was take out?

I got the same only I had to pay for his as well.

Name
George Valliant
Hey Les,

I know how to keep a Blueline Thermal Wave 5m running. I prefere electronic throttle controls! Its the #1 reason I purchased Blueline in the first place. It would be tuff for me to purchase another TM without it.

The Thermalwave 5m is POS! Nobody should ever buy one! They have a mile of wiring and a cluster fook of electronics. Also, they are difficult to work on.

So Les, how little are you willing to accept for the 5m? Name the price.

I'll probably be making another TM purchase next week.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That’s crazy I thought blueline was supposed to be top of the line. I would be mad as hell if I put down the cash for a new Thermal Wave and it ended up being a money sucking turd. It’s been a hard lesson but from now on; I am not buying any TM if I don’t understand how everything works and why it works, even if that’s because I’m to dumb.

woodsey

If someone understands the electrical side of a thermalwave and can troubleshoot it would be a great machine for the price Im asking. The machine was well maintained.has only 2200 hours on it. It has all new belts and all fluids changed. I just needed a machine that I could fix myself with local parts and little down time that had power and heat.Judson fit the bill.

The Preacher

dgargan said:
Great to see you bought a nice machine Jeff. Did you ever get a Butler you were looking at awhile back for your second unit?

If your ever passing TN again be sure to stop in for another visit.

David

PS those nice lots are still for sale in my subdivsion that we looked at.

did you and Liz git him lickered up on cheep Takillya Margarita's and try to feed him Possum Penis Stew too????????? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom