Pet stains / odor

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I don't know what the big deal is.. Clean like normal and spray a little enzyme down, odor gone! Did this one today..

Loool, well you would love this one! Who does this?
20140829_152529.jpg
20140829_152541.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P and Able 1

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Some people live in a giant cesspool. No wonder they come down with weird diseases. Jim I don't care what you think about dogs or cats sleeping in their owner's beds it's just nasty. Regardless of "Profit" potential. These are animals not humans! Why do people think they are one of the family? If you died in the house they would EAT you.

Number one reason why I don't prevacuum............going over piss stains.........blowing out bacteria laden air into your lungs.

People who have animals in the home are sickos.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Problem with just laying down a little enzyme and presto, the odor is gone, is that it comes back tomorrow or even sooner. I did an estimate the other day and recommended, they replace the carpets/pad, seal the wooden floor and we would clean and seal the concrete in the basement. Our price was high so they went with someone else. That someone else called me today asking for advice because he persuaded the customer that he could clean the carpets and get rid of the odor. Unfortunately, he couldn't. Now the customer doesn't want to pay him. He is out the cost of his labor and chemistry, didn't do his reputation any good and the customer is still looking for someone to give her a cheaper alternative. Probably not going to happen. It's an old house that will be torn down in a couple of years but she wants to rent it in the meantime and make some money. The carpets are about 20 years old and saturated with massive amounts of urine. Then they put the dogs in the basement where they defecated and urinated because the people were gone all day. Oh, yeah, they had a baby and a toddler in that home.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some people live in a giant cesspool. No wonder they come down with weird diseases. Jim I don't care what you think about dogs or cats sleeping in their owner's beds it's just nasty. .

No animals sleep in my bed Jimmy.

For that matter, nobody else does either.

Even a dog couldn't tolerate living with me...:biggrin:

My point was that if your customers love them that much, as unsanitary as it might seem, then we need to communicate and market to these lovers of the "expanded view of humanity and family" folks accordingly.

To be fair, I've also known some people were far more filthy and disease ridden than dogs...and we can get deadlier diseases from humans that most pets.

Reactions: Newman and Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Naked dogs or cats in the bed dripping .............all the time ........makes my point clear. The only help they really need is a psychiatrist. And that is beyond the scope of a carpet cleaner. I myself wear a man sized depends to prevent "Dripping". Horrible thoughts about people allowing pets in a bed.............nightmares I tell ya.............nightmares!

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
First thing out of my mouth when a customer tells me they have pet stains and odor problems is that "those are TWO different issues and will have to be addressed separately".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom