Phruken encap soma bich

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't even remember what the hell this threads about cuz I'm 39 oysters and about 9 oz of bourbon into this ****** up evening but I'll reiterate, if you ever repeat customer that has you out multiple times a year with no pets and all they have are 2 oz of coffee and 4 g of dirt flakes in their carpet then you're a stupid freaking moron if you don't low moisture it.

And if you don't have a roof rack on your Toyota tundra to impress the chicks at the Chilly Willy you're probably even more of a dumbass

sassyotto

Name
Paul
A "professional" cleaner should have the ability to evaluate the job and select the most appropriate tool to get it done correctly.
no argument there. But when their main objective is how fast they can do a job or how much more money they make doing it swaying their thought process you have to wonder.

As Ive always said, call 10 different cleaners and you will get 10 different prices and 10 different levels of service.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Not that I really care about your assessment of my business acumen.

Thanks Rick
For the record I think you're a very good businessman, great salesman and have well deserved reputation of excellent custy service at Excellent Supply

If you would, could you share if any of those com trucks had a real TM in them?

as far as "in the past" I might have more experience with VLM than you do w/TM..and almost certainly more experience in res work

here's the bottom line.
Driving emulsified dirt slurry to the backing is a CRAPPY way to "clean" ...if fact, it's not "cleaning" at all by definition

Not saying you can't make boats loads of money doing it
(who doesn't love making hi-profit easy work sweeping dirt under the rug)

butt...scrub 'n run is CRAP work in res (and com for that matter)
and pad "extraction" is only a little better

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L and hogjowl

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So, you sold a carpet cleaning job to a commercial facility. You get there start to work and facility manager, owner, boss(or whoever booked/is paying) sees you running a pad over the carpet. No hoses, fancy tm running, etc. And you are done in 1/4 the time of the last guy.

How do you explain why no truck... When you know the quote said carpet cleaning (not low moisture, vlm, etc.) and to clients carpet cleaning means "the big fancy tm"? If the cleaner explained "encap" during quote to the client they generally wouldn't have got the job.

This is what I have an issues with. People quoting "carpet cleaning" and client gets a padding.

Yes, encap can make carpet look better, I use it when needed. But lets be realistic, it's really just a way for us to make money quickly.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So, you sold a carpet cleaning job to a commercial facility. You get there start to work and facility manager, owner, boss(or whoever booked/is paying) sees you running a pad over the carpet. No hoses, fancy tm running, etc. And you are done in 1/4 the time of the last guy.

How do you explain why no truck... When you know the quote said carpet cleaning (not low moisture, vlm, etc.) and to clients carpet cleaning means "the big fancy tm"? If the cleaner explained "encap" during quote to the client they generally wouldn't have got the job.

This is what I have an issues with. People quoting "carpet cleaning" and client gets a padding.

Yes, encap can make carpet look better, I use it when needed. But lets be realistic, it's really just a way for us to make money quickly.
When I bid on a job I reserve the right as a professional carpet cleaner to choose the right cleaning system for the job. I never substitute encap for hwe unless I have a good reason. For example, I have a couple of buildings where the double stick installation is failing. The carpet buckles with just prespray. Encap allows me to clean the carpet with any problems and give them a few more years before replacing. I am bidding on 2 buildings now that theoretically I could do with a truck mount but I would need to run about 400 feet of hose and keep the doors open which is a security risk. It's glue down carpet just over 1 year old. Vacuumed every 3 days. All it needs is to have a few stains wiped away. Encap is the better option. Every method has its place. I never let the customer dictate my method.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I am a CARPET CLEANER, not a vlm, encap, dry, or even "steam" cleaner.

I will use what i determine to be best to satisfy my customer. Many times that is encap.

I can say that with confidence because I've striven to be expert in all of them.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
This thread should be renamed "ROAST of Encapping"

not really
just a reality check

the best things that happened to shampoo method are two things.
Got rid of the brush and went to VCT type pad
(which anyone that advanced on their own out of the stone age, knew pads shear soil better than any brush flat or CRB)

and two.... non sticky pixie dust additive to the juice that works

and *BAM* a star is born

thing is, don't call it "quality" or "premium" cleaning if you actually mean it ...cause I'll throw the "BS flag" every time on that

as far as Barron Von Vegun BighED's new found love, he knows how to clean (most don't, believe it or not)
so if he thinks "10%" of his market can use a wipe instead of a wash 'n rinse, well and good .

I just question how slippery does the slope get?

" this spare bedroom is like brand new with one tiny spot.
all I need is the vac, spotting towel, Topshot spotter bottle and my shoe...."

..L.T.A.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I don't even remember what the hell this threads about cuz I'm 39 oysters and about 9 oz of bourbon into this ****** up evening but I'll reiterate, if you ever repeat customer that has you out multiple times a year with no pets and all they have are 2 oz of coffee and 4 g of dirt flakes in their carpet then you're a stupid freaking moron if you don't low moisture it.

And if you don't have a roof rack on your Toyota tundra to impress the chicks at the Chilly Willy you're probably even more of a dumbass
This is my point exactly

Mikey P

Administrator
not really
just a reality check

the best things that happened to shampoo method are two things.
Got rid of the brush and went to VCT type pad
(which anyone that advanced on their own out of the stone age, knew pads shear soil better than any brush flat or CRB)

and two.... non sticky pixie dust additive to the juice that works

and *BAM* a star is born

thing is, don't call it "quality" or "premium" cleaning if you actually mean it ...cause I'll throw the "BS flag" every time on that

as far as Barron Von Vegun BighED's new found love, he knows how to clean (most don't, believe it or not)
so if he thinks "10%" of his market can use a wipe instead of a wash 'n rinse, well and good .

I just question how slippery does the slope get?

" this spare bedroom is like brand new with one tiny spot.
all I need is the vac, spotting towel, Topshot spotter bottle and my shoe...."

..L.T.A.

3M pad..

Such a cave man.

Name
Jeff T
We just picked up a fairly large contract. They want it done every 6 weeks....
We quoted for HWE (porty), AND VLM...
We gave them the option, they opted for BOTH...
They want VLM 3 times, then a HWE...
The best part?
We sold the ‘package’ at the same price for both...
They have national offices in all major cities in Canada...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
In all my years cleaning commercial carpet we only ever had one person (yes exactly 1) ask us why we weren't running HWE equipment; and after we explained the process he was satisfied. What we found is that our customers were happy with our results and our level of professionalism... In other words, all the elements that make up a good customer service experience. We found that our customers were happy to have us clean their buildings at night without leaving their door open with a noisy machine running outside. That never would've worked for our accounts.

And we never tried to sell our service with the typical truckmount carpet cleaner aproach - "hey let me show you my big truckmount". Instead, we sold them on the service we could provide. When you order a meal in your favorite restaurant, do you ask them how many burners they have on their stove? When you get your truck worked on, do you ask what brand of wrenches they use? No, you just want a good customer experience. That's what everyone's looking for. That's what your customers want. That's what my customers wanted. And that's exactly what we delivered. Sell them on the results and your companies level of customer service. That's the approach that worked for us. :)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Heres the secret in doing a commercial building.
Do the dog and pony show with the truckmount in the first 50 feet inside a building. Then have someone else do the back areas with the scampoo.

They have no idea when you are out of sight........

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Back
Top Bottom