PMF Mach12 Titanium wand loaner program

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Two wands were shipped to the two individuals who were in line for testing the wands on 1/27/16

Lee Stockwell tracking number: 1Z1895890351180802 (You should have yours already according to my trace this morning Lee)

Marty Sutley tracking number: 1Z1895890352121614 & 1Z1895890352202625 (Yours is out for delivery today Marty)

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Mine came in today. I used it on two jobs. First thing I noticed, after noticing that Pembertons people don't know how to use Teflon tape, was how much air that thing seems to be moving. It sounds just like a two inch wand. Then I noticed it left the carpet just as dry ... it seems. I'll know more tomorrow. Mikey is wrong, it does overspray. Not as bad as my Greenglided wands do, but enough to notice . Look at these pics and see if you can see the streaks.

Those are not from clogged jets. It's wet streaks from overspray.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 227
Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm not going to Teflon all the brass unless I buy it. Not a big deal, my granddaughter will help me do it :-)

Will also try a whip instead of the adapter tomorrow.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Shouldn't have to do a dry pass. It's totally unacceptable not to have a wand that won't spray past the edge. I'll look at the manifold adjustment tomorrow to see what can be done there, but I don't see how a forward or back adjustment of the jet is going to affect the lateral spray pattern.

May be adjusting it forward will jam the spray edge up into the slot and stop it, but I'm not hopeful.

Oh, and it appears to only do it off the right edge, which is weird.

Name
Nate W.
Shouldn't have to do a dry pass. It's totally unacceptable not to have a wand that won't spray past the edge. I'll look at the manifold adjustment tomorrow to see what can be done there, but I don't see how a forward or back adjustment of the jet is going to affect the lateral spray pattern.

May be adjusting it forward will jam the spray edge up into the slot and stop it, but I'm not hopeful.

Oh, and it appears to only do it off the right edge, which is weird.

If it doesn't spray to the edge, you'd b!tch.... If it over sprays, you'd b!tch.... Stop hanging with @PrimaDonna ....:lol:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
View attachment 11658 View attachment 11657 View attachment 11657 Mine came in today. I used it on two jobs. First thing I noticed, after noticing that Pembertons people don't know how to use Teflon tape, was how much air that thing seems to be moving. It sounds just like a two inch wand. Then I noticed it left the carpet just as dry ... it seems. I'll know more tomorrow. Mikey is wrong, it does overspray. Not as bad as my Greenglided wands do, but enough to notice . Look at these pics and see if you can see the streaks.

Those are not from clogged jets. It's wet streaks from overspray.

The wands were shipped in the fashion we received them.

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh good grief, Lee. You and I, and everybody else who's a day older than Scott S., have been saying that for years. It doesn't work now, and it has never worked. Turn em in, turn em out ... spray at 300 psi or at 600 psi ... put 85 degree jets on the outside or leave them at 95 ... nothing much matters. If it sprays over the edge ... it's just going to spray over the edge. It's long past time for the same old lame solutions (that don't work) to be cast aside and for somebody to produce professional equipment in our industry. I'm not saying I don't like this wand. In fact, I think I do. If the overspray is the only problem with it, I can live with it. After all, I've lived with it for the past 10-15 years, ever since going with glided wands, and have been doing drying passes as a result. I simply am tired of it.

By the way, Jr. hate the wand and wants to go back to the Greenhorn.

Mikey P

Administrator
Cram the manifolds as far forward as possible.

You may need detatch the hose and all four nuts to do so.

Watch my video. . No over spray.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suppose one could turn the two outside jets inward to not overspray?
I do that with my castex

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have 1 inch extenders and 9502 on the ends of my prochem Ti with a holed glide. The spray pattern stays a 1/4 inch from the edge on both sides.

I suppose if you go real slow the flow could build up and flow beyond the width of the wand. Requiring dry strokes.

I always dry stroke anyways. But there are times I will do a slow back stroke on a mild to moderately soiled carpet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If your spray hits the back of your glide, you have edge dribble. Which is just as insidious as overspray. My Prochem Ti hits the Greenglide and dribbles even with 80 degree jets on the ends and turning them in an attempt to stop it. This is a problem only when you're cleaning right up against a heavy piece of furniture (like a dresser) that you're not moving. Two or three years later, when they decide to pay to have it moved and cleaned under, it's revealing to find that strip of furniture stain.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I tried to buy this baby off the hotel I was at the other day to give to @Jimmy L

But they were really attached to it...

And I did make a video while there... But just for Jimmy, I only put it on my YouTube channel for the carpet mill :)

Just showing some respect for my guys @hogjowl @Jimmy L

:)

20160128_094140.jpg
20160128_094122.jpg

Attachments

• 20160128_094140.jpg
    20160128_094140.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mark my castex is the 16 inch one with 4 jets. I put a splash guard manifold on it and a better handle. People talk about superior airflow bla bla bla. But the way the head is designed as you can see is that it get wide at the top. Better airflow and because of the 16 inch width more air is allowed to flow . The width of the slot is also narrower so it glides better on carpet with those SS glides. It's about 23 years old now. I try all of the new wands and frankly there hasn't been much improvement over the years. Yeah you can say glides but they were made to cover up the design flaw of existing wands.
Their slots were too wide and sucked down on the carpet. My theory is wands were never meant to be pushed backwards and forwards, just pulled back.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
A pC Ti can only be adjusted by grabbing the.manifolds with some pliers and pushing or pulling.
Or adding extenders

This M12 is almost infinitely adjustable, I'm positive you can get rid of dribbles and spittles if you take it over to TCS and ask for help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom