PMF Swivel Stair Tool

Mikey P

Administrator
This is a Ti version made with two jets because they like me.

I used a 15" 2-1.5 tapered vac hose.

I hardly ever see stairs out here in Ranch land but I'm finally getting a hang of this thing.. I likes it!

Jimmy, youz a MORON.

No way do you need a 2" tube on this thing, It screams louder than than a stuck Marty.

Want better dry times?, do a third dry stroke.

20161207_111151.jpg
20161207_111158.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Odd shield thingy. :headscratch:

Personally I wouldn't want a swivel and can't go back to 1.5 8nch tools. We don't use or carry a whips, our whole team is used to 2 inch.

Not saying you're wrong. :shifty:

Next! :winky:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I like it. I currently use a POS 2" Dang stair tool. It gave me 5 stitches in my finger when the sharp edge cut me. Also the tap welds have busted. Time to step up to a better quality stair wand. Any suggestions?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mike,
I have been using the PMF stair tool also. When I was up there last time I picked up one of there metal 2" to 1.5 adapters and just pressed it on the end of the stair tool this thing screams.
I was not super happy with it at first, but dam guys it is pretty reasonable in price, after using it on the last four jobs I think it the easiest stair tool I have ever used.
The solution line is just a little short so it makes it a little hard to swivel it for the riser but it is very light.
I have the single jet version and there is a little splash back when going from wand to the stair tool but I just reduce the pressure with the ball valve on my solution line. The spray cover on yours possibly gets rid of the back splash also.

The adapter gave it a little more length perfect for me anyway. I actually really like it, I went out today to get some towels out of my van the carpet was poly and I needed to do so touch up on the bullnose, I could hear it all the way out at the van the thing was screaming, the water recovery was VERY good.

I'm pretty happy with it, I think I will do the @Mark Saiger two jet set up on it and call it good. I don't have glide for it, I don't think I'm even gonna get one as I like the extra scrub with out the glide.

The first time I used it it was on CGD carpet on stairs and I didn't adjust pressure so it kinda got off on the wrong step lol, kinda pissed me off, glide might have helped also for the cgd steps.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This is a Ti version made with two jets because they like me.

I used a 15" 2-1.5 tapered vac hose.

I hardly ever see stairs out here in Ranch land but I'm finally getting a hang of this thing.. I likes it!

Jimmy, youz a MORON.

No way do you need a 2" tube on this thing, It screams louder than than a stuck Marty.

Want better dry times?, do a third dry stroke.

View attachment 20020 View attachment 20021
You Pansie! Why would they make a titanium version? It's already a small weight with it's original steel model

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
in the video...the spacers I took out....I RECCOMEND KEEPING THEM IN.

Seemed to do better and better spray yet....

And the loose head is fine in this case I would say...easier to flip....

(and I honestly like the 1.5 inch on a stair tool as well.... :) )

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Always felt like this tool cleaned well enough, but the only way I could stand using this noisy wand was to put a glide on it. I already had hearing loss and this thing didn't help any. I was always apologizing to the customers for the racket. After sitting in the basement for year I finally sold it.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
If, and at the risk of repeating myself continually, you guys are looking to take it to the next level in your stair cleaning abilities, get a RotoVac StairPro.
For all the positive comments on RV brush heads and their world changing performance in cleaning trashed carpeting, can you not see the benefits of a tool that will clean stairs to the same degree?
I've watched the videos and listened to all the varying opinions, and every staircase that i clean confirms my belief in this amazing unit as the one to beat for cleanability and versatility.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I had to add a brass extention to the SHORT solution hose so that it would swivel all the way.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry Mark, but the critical part of the stair (the nose) is not really being cleaned.
Makes sense, once you look at the jets' angles due to the length of the tool and not being able to bend following the contour of the stair's nose.
That's always the worst part of the stair. Due to ground in soil and wear. It is also the area most susceptible to wicking.

Unless you get it cleaned well (in close and personal:winky: ), sorry Mark- No cigar.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Seriously, I have been using the pmf swivel lately, (it came with a used tm I bought recently) and although I agree on lengthing the hose so it swivels completely, I like the single jet. I am using a 11006 and I find flushes over the bullnose extremely well. I wouldn't put a glide on it as it really digs into the crevice between the tread and riser. A shield would be nice to limit over spray but the over spray isn't bad with the single jet. Very powerful little tool.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sorry Mark, but the critical part of the stair (the nose) is not really being cleaned.
Makes sense, once you look at the jets' angles due to the length of the tool and not being able to bend following the contour of the stair's nose.
That's always the worst part of the stair. Due to ground in soil and wear. It is also the area most susceptible to wicking.

Unless you get it cleaned well (in close and personal:winky: ), sorry Mark- No cigar.

Pull it over the nose like any other wand as needed....

Use the cuff to extract any excess...if still soiled...hit again.....

No really problems....actually faster for now.

but we agitate and agitate the bull nose with our 10 inch crb....

The thing isn't perfect...yet....but I have been talking with PMF in the past to change the jets....

Might happen soon....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Don't expect any changes soon by PMF.................they don't listen anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom