Name
Larry Cobb
This is what a REAL Mytee modified portable delivers @ sealed suction:
15.61 in hg . . .
DigitalVac.jpg

Also have performance on the carpet in these graphs :
VacMotGraph.jpg

More info at our web page:
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5110

Bjorn

he should put it at the end of a 100 feet of hose

hence why I marked the gauge so it could be seen.

he is using two rather average vac motors 7.2 5.7 6.6 or 8.4 are going to give you better vacuum performance

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
the measurements at the machine mean nothing

Agreed, but...

Assuming no leaks, sealed vac readings will be the same no matter how long the hose is.... The readings will only be different if there is air entering somewhere along the line. The longer the hose, the longer it will take the reading to stabilize (so-called rise time).

he should put it at the end of a 100 feet of hose

Yes - readings at the end of the hose are what's important - but not sealed vac. How much lift is generated with the wand hooked up and on the carpet - that's what is important. I can build a vac system that will generate 28" hg of sealed lift (380" WC) and do it on one cord, but when you hook it up to a wand it will not extract one drop of solution from the carpet.

Reactions: Mikey P

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Standard atmospheric pressure (at sea level, where Mikey lives) is 29.92"hg. If I seal up a hose and evacuate all the air I would have a sealed vac reading of 29.92, but I live at 1200 feet elevation where the air is not as dense, so I woudn't quite get to 29.92, hence why I said 28 (It's actually 28.68). But my vacuum pump could not maintain that vacuum if air were entering the hose, so the instant I hooked it up to a wand I would have only 5 or 6 cfm flow, and my vac would essentially drop to zero. Sealed vac readings are meaningless in the carpet cleaning world....

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It shows inches of lift probably 150 with one vac and goes to 220 inches of lift with second vac

Dwell Pro Mike sent me this via his crappy phone.

I'll assume that when he hits the 2nd vac and the gauge tops out that that is a good thing..

Unless that a gauge for coke snorters... :eekk:

shows

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It shows inches of lift probably 150 with one vac and goes to 220 inches of lift with second vac
Ametek's data sheet for the 116765 lists a sealed vac of 136" wc, so two in series (using the 60% rule):

136 X 1.6 = 217.6

Yup, Sams number for the two vacs in series matches just about exactly with the predicted value. Ain't science wonderful! :biggrin:

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
High lift equals low cfm. You can't suck a basketball through a straw.

CFM testing is a lot more difficult to test for than waterlift / sealed suction. The easy way is to just measure the amp draw on the motor under operation (no hose, hose, with wand etc, your choice) then compare the amp draw to the data sheet (attached), read over to Lift or CFM and you are in the ballpark, probably within + or - 2% worse case. If the motors are in air parallel you are dead on, two motor CFM.(2 x 115 CFM= 230CFM) if in air series use only one motor CFM. Since I am at elevation, at 8000feet, the air density is way lower so I will have variations in flow, the motor speed will increase slight so the CFM will be higher.

Reactions: dgardner

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Dwell Pro Mike sent me this via his crappy phone.

I'll assume that when he hits the 2nd vac and the gauge tops out that that is a good thing..

Unless that a gauge for coke snorters... :eekk:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 221

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Standard atmospheric pressure (at sea level, where Mikey lives) is 29.92"hg. If I seal up a hose and evacuate all the air I would have a sealed vac reading of 29.92, but I live at 1200 feet elevation where the air is not as dense, so I woudn't quite get to 29.92, hence why I said 28 (It's actually 28.68). But my vacuum pump could not maintain that vacuum if air were entering the hose, so the instant I hooked it up to a wand I would have only 5 or 6 cfm flow, and my vac would essentially drop to zero. Sealed vac readings are meaningless in the carpet cleaning world....

Happy to test anyway you or anyone wants

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom