Portys that can somewhat work like a TM?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You're not going to find truckmount-like heat on any portable that I know of short of running multiple heaters and 7 cords like Willy does.
I find the perfect heat powerflight is pretty hot - 3 cords, all under 15 amps. Smaller vac motors, so 50 foot runs need extra dry passes. Only 4 cords for the Worriers, but it's not that complicated.
Otherwise, you can do this for heat:
http://www.***************/kleenrite-heatrite-line-heater-carpet-cleaners-p-3476.html

Hint - pull the 190 degree stock Selco disc thermostats and put in 220 degree ones.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And I'll give Ed V the award for vacuum. With the booster I could easily do up to 150 feet, but the important thing was proper placement of the components.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked002.gif

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I readily admit ignorance in your area of expertise- Can you do the same for mine? Need some more tape? :icon_razz:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know different tools are needed for different jobs and with a little extra effort you can clean just as well with a portable as you can with a TM.
smiley-char048.gif

Sorry I'll shut now.
smiley-shocked002.gif

Reactions: dwellpro
F

FB7777

No doubt in my mind that you are a portable carpet cleaning Rockstar Willy

You harness every Watt and translate it to cleaning power

If I had to operate them everyday tho I would wind up hanging myself with one of those 12 gauge cords:eekk:

F

FB7777

You should use my shrink... He's more efficient

Charges the same as yours , but gets through with the session in half the time :lol:

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If this subject ever dries up, Mike may need to close this BB, for lack of posting.
  • Yes- You can clean very well with a porty.
  • No- It will not clean as well as a truck mount, unless you're willing to increase all the extra component of TACT to compensate. Which eventually (through the natural process of aging, shrinking, tight schedule, loss of happiness, etc. etc.) people tend to get lackadaisical about.
  • Yes- They do require more (not less) maintenance, as parts seem to break more often.
  • No- You don't have to (though most do) entertain suicidal thoughts while using a porty.
  • Yes- Any job with a portable will take you longer.
  • No- Fred is not from France.

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
  • Since Ofer was having fun throwing out some generic statements, I thought I would do the same!-lol

• Yes- You can clean very well with a less expensive, Lower Cost TM
  • No- It will not clean as well as a more expensive truck mount, unless you're willing to increase all the extra component of TACT to compensate. Which eventually (through the natural process of aging, shrinking, tight schedule, loss of happiness, etc. etc.) people tend to get lackadaisical about.
  • Yes- They (lower cost less expensive TM's) do require more (not less) maintenance, as parts seem to break more often.
  • No- You don't have to (though most do) entertain suicidal thoughts while using a Cheaper TM..
  • Yes- Any job with a Lower cost TM will take you longer.
  • No- Ofer is not from Mars.
  • Bottom line, isn't it common-sense that a $9,000 TM would clean better than a $8,000-to-$8,999.00 one?

Reactions: CCWorks and ruff

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't know Ed well enough to say for sure, but knowing him just a little over a long time, I think Ed understands that participating in an industry bulletin board requires one not to take themselves too seriously and to be firm on what you believe with a healthy dose of respect for those who don't agree with you.

I've always found Ed to be one of the most personally mature and insightful men that I have known. Even when I don't agree with him, I read what he says carefully and balance what I really know versus what I think I know.

He adds a lot to this board.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know Ed well enough to say for sure, but knowing him just a little over a long time, I think Ed understands that participating in an industry bulletin board requires one not to take themselves too seriously and to be firm on what you believe with a healthy dose of respect for those who don't agree with you.

I've always found Ed to be one of the most personally mature and insightful men that I have known. Even when I don't agree with him, I read what he says carefully and balance what I really know versus what I think I know.

He adds a lot to this board.
I don't always agree with Ed but I do respect his opinion. He does have a sense of humor and never gets riled...despite some of my best efforts. :icon_twisted:

He's a keeper! :cool:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is Jim P. a real person?

His in your face positive-ness, under all and any circumstances is freaking me out.

Could he be a reverse copy of Mike's renegade alter ego?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom