Power Clean's Genesis DXT in Sprinter Vs Vortex

TimP

Larry B said:
Anyone have a MSRP or starting price on DXT / Sprinter ?

Ballpark I don't want to know what someone paid just the factory asking price would be nice.

I've been told retail on the Genesis DXT is 30,995.

Greenie

This is a great thread, I hope some more DXT & V or even AT owners post, I have a bunch of these pimped units out there and learn from these reports.

ps: I think the DXT is $30K

pps: I'm pretty sure Walt's V was sold with pimps in place.

ppps: I kinda hated the Sprinters until I did a Reactor install in Cu's, very nice vehicle to work out of, Mikey would have appreciated it years ago, I think they grow on you, cause now I don't think they are all that bad, but I'm not from Bama.

TimP

I actually love the design of the sprinter but I'm unsure of the engine/powertrain of the sprinter. I know diesels last for what seems like ever but if you have to pay to get things fixed all the time it's not worth it in the long run.

V

vegijohn

Larry B said:
Anyone have a MSRP or starting price on DXT / Sprinter ?

Ballpark I don't want to know what someone paid just the factory asking price would be nice.

pimped out about $80K for both. Power clean offers a discount if you pay in full before the machine is built. After that ACE deal went bad I was damned if I would fall for that again. Whats next?-- Escrow Accounts to buy these higher priced machines.

Greenie

These numbers (at the end of Fred's posted link) were interesting:
Lot's of guys ask me these kind of questions, I don't really know the final numbers, now I have a reference at least.

Total cost of ownership including lease payments and estimated fuel consumption over a seven year period:

Box Truck PTO Unit - $229,580-$256,180

Genesis-DXT in Sprinter - $159,948-$179,548

So....If you average those out, there is a 7 year $73,132 difference.
Wonder what it is for a CDS style machine, Like Butler or HydraSlave?

ps: Vegi, Just keep in touch with friends before you throw down a deposit. :wink:

V

vegijohn

TimP said:
I actually love the design of the sprinter but I'm unsure of the engine/powertrain of the sprinter. I know diesels last for what seems like ever but if you have to pay to get things fixed all the time it's not worth it in the long run.

Diesels are built to work harder and last longer then gas vans. And remember the Sprinter is really a Mercedes Benz.

Name
George Valliant
I'm thinking about popping my ThermalWave into a Sprinter. Do they make a gas fuel cell that will bolt up?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Interesting how all the V "Ex Chimps" are jumping on John that actually has worked with both machines. The truth may be hard to digest!

Also, interesting how we hear all these explanations about how the 2004 Vortex is not as good as the new ones. As if 2004 is the ice age. If 2004 machine is considered chopped liver who wants to own one of these hack machines?

If after spending over $100,000.00 and you still have to pimp it, add heat and vacuum boosters and maintain it like there is no tomorrow, maybe it should be filed under a hobby, not an actual business machine.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
After being in this business for 32 years, I thought I might add a little perspective to this discussion. I have worked with almost all of the different types of truckmounts from slide-ins to Vortex's. Last year I bought two 07 Vortex's. I could have bought any type or combination of equipment. Because of the 50% Residential /50% Commercial split that we do, I chose to buy the Vortex's. The Vortex met my needs in many ways, they had the room to carry restoration equipment, ceramic tile equipment and all the chemical and water (clean and waste), I would need to complete a days work. Blueline worked with me from the start to help me organize them with custom made shelving, 30 gallon solution tanks, and all power hose reels. After working with these 2 trucks for the last year, I doubt I would go back to a slide-in EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief ... I sure hope you idiots don't think MY post was intended to "jump on" the original poster. I have no beef with purchasing a Sprinter, and if my post was interpreted as negative, then I take it back. All I was trying to say was there is certainly nothing wrong with purchasing what he bought if he is happy with it's performance and is tired of cleaning out of a Vortex, but don't put the Vortex down for being hard to handle, and then compare it to a Sprinter. A darn Sprinter CAN'T be easier to drive than a Vortex.

I have a 2004 Vortex, and I have no doubt that there have been changes to the more recent models that make it a better unit than the one I have. Heck, that's to be expected. That being the case doesn't make the unit I have a bad unit. (I will be calling Green BEan for an upgrade as soon as spring brings some money.)

The problem I would have with the Sprinter, is the same one I have with the Vortex. There is no way I would put a couple of chimps in either! Let me drive them, and I am happy.

If I were purchasing a new unit for a couple of employees, it would be a standard van with a 47 or 56 unit in it.

TimP

ronbeatty said:
After being in this business for 32 years, I thought I might add a little perspective to this discussion. I have worked with almost all of the different types of truckmounts from slide-ins to Vortex's. Last year I bought two 07 Vortex's. I could have bought any type or combination of equipment. Because of the 50% Residential /50% Commercial split that we do, I chose to buy the Vortex's. The Vortex met my needs in many ways, they had the room to carry restoration equipment, ceramic tile equipment and all the chemical and water (clean and waste), I would need to complete a days work. Blueline worked with me from the start to help me organize them with custom made shelving, 30 gallon solution tanks, and all power hose reels. After working with these 2 trucks for the last year, I doubt I would go back to a slide-in EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I have to say that at least you very give good reasons why you need and like the vortex. Many just have one to make their balls feel bigger. The vortex is a good machine I'll give it that but it has positives and negatives.

But not everyone needs or wants all the space. And you can get the same performance in other machines. A 59 blower can dual wand just as well as a 6008 blower. More CFM in the 59 than the 68 and plenty of lift with the 59 to dual with.

Everyone's needs are different. I'd be very happy with the sprinter dxt set up since I would be single wand single operator for up to 10 months of the year. And dual wand at least 2 months maybe 4 depending on how I increase business. And I'd be able to move it to a bigger truck if I needed room so that would give me much more flexibility which I don't have with my PTO system.

TimP

But the blower isn't spun to capacity. It's probably running about the same cfms as a 59 blower spun to capacity.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
When I dual wand, which would be several times a week, I run the trucks at about 1800 rpm which increases the vacuum quite a bit.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
The other thing that you have to consider is the fact that it is plumbed 5" from the blower to the side ports. We run 2.5 inch hose into the house then use a 2" whip. We have to be careful, if you lay it down and it gets a hold of anything it is gone.

Walt

AdamHale said:
Walt said:
This includes dual wanding. As a matter fact I might even give the DXT a slight nudge in dual wand territory.
A major plus to the DXT

You did sell your old V to a guy in my area right? Give him my phone number so we can pull those restrictive elbows and vac shut off valves out. We will put a Vanafold on it. I bet we get 30-35% more suck. That 6008 blower does no good restriced like it was. With the upgraded vac system he will be amazed. Really amazed in dual wand!

Thanks Adam. I gave him your number and have no idea why he hasn't called you yet. However, I did sell it complete with a vanafold and all the goodies. It was a fantastic machine.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
TimP said:
But the blower isn't spun to capacity. It's probably running about the same cfms as a 59 blower spun to capacity.

Tim, isn't that better? If the Vortex blower is spinning at 80% capacity yet, it's good enough to clean and dry the carpets quickly, isn't that better than taxing a slide-in engine with high rpm's necessary to spin your blower at max capacity? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the relationship between how PTO and Slide-ins vs. differences in blower capacity.

Pardon the ignorance, I'm still learning..
Thanks,

V

vegijohn

Don't get me wrong guys--- I still like the vortex and I recently used it to triple wand a big commercial job. In about a month I'll try the same thing with my PC to see how if performs.

The reason why I chose to go with the Power Clean/Sprinter for my third truck is because I believe this is the "Mini Vortex" Shaun York would have built.

THE SPRINTER IS MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE to drive then the vortex in this city. This city would rather spend $100 million a year on the homeless and provide them with free health care and drugs then repair the city street.

Now-- NO MORE negative talk about the Sprinter until you take it for a test drive. Only then can you talk with experience. The Sprinter drives like a car but parks like a Winnabago. The cab-over trucks with backup cameras are easier to park and U-turn.

DannyD

AdamHale said:
Yes Meat you are right. The GVW with full tanks (water and fuel ) is under 10,500. You do not and have never had to stop at the weight stations.

My understanding is the weight limit is 10,000 pounds that ya have to stop at the weigh stations. Either way, I've stopped at em a few times on my previous job & it's not that big a deal. I guess if they hold ya up it can be, but for the most part they just wave ya through. The people at the weigh stations for the most part are overworked just like a lot of government people. The last thing they want is more papework to do. So unless your truck is in serious violation or you're a complete prick to em, they'll more than likely just wave ya on through.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
you cant park your sprinter cause you drive like an old woman...
peice of piss to park them

TimP

WJMorgan3 said:
TimP said:

Tim, isn't that better? If the Vortex blower is spinning at 80% capacity yet, it's good enough to clean and dry the carpets quickly, isn't that better than taxing a slide-in engine with high rpm's necessary to spin your blower at max capacity? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the relationship between how PTO and Slide-ins vs. differences in blower capacity.

Pardon the ignorance, I'm still learning..
Thanks,

Like Ron said above it doesn't matter. If it's rated for it it will last a long long time if it's maintained properly. Blowers do last 12,000 hours. Also the DXT genesis isn't ran at high RPM's it's a diesel and you don't high rpms cause you've got torque and loads of it. I believe they it's run at 1500 single wand and 2500 dual wand. The rate the blowers are spun are dependent on the pully ratios.

BTW the vortex blower is spun at 69.1% of capcity.

Plus slide in gas motors are run best at capacity...especially air cooled motors.

Walt

Mikey P said:
The real question here is can you truly dual wand with the PC with the PC?

Yesterday, I dual wanded a commercial job with one 250 section (100 feet 2.5/ 150 feet 2) and one 200 foot section (100 feet 2.5/ 1 feet of 2). The guy who came to help me was skeptical. He said he trusted my V to do it but didn't think the DXT would. He was wrong and admitted it. It went great. Plenty of suction. Plenty of heat. My standards are high.

Honest. No Bull.

G

Here in Cali,you have to stop at the scales in a Uhaul,so throw that one out

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DannyD said:
My understanding is the weight limit is 10,000 pounds that ya have to stop at the weigh stations.

it varies from state to state Danny.
as i understand it, is some states *ANY* com vehicle is "supposed" to stop in

.L.T.A.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I drove the Vortex from Arizona through California up to Portland, never had to stop

I think I was once told that you are not a carrier of goods so you don't have to stop

my V rides like a pickup truck pulling a boat, that is the best way to describe it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom