Powermax questions for Larry Cobb

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Why not leave it mostly free of odor? Let the tech decide what scent, if any, to add?

I realize it would probably have a bit of a citrus scent regardless.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
3 or 4 times a week someone was always saying how great the old powermax smelt...a clean fresh smell....one person liked the fruit slice....

smell is important as how well it cleans......if they notice it and it smells clean and fresh.....they are much more happy then some chemical smell or some off the wall fruity smell.......

not busting your balls Larry....I stand behind a lot of your stuff.......but you made a huge mistake changing it..........

Bust his balls all you want. I'll second the fact that customers no longer comment on the smell of Powermax.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The fruit slice is a nice smell but gets old fast. To sweet, like pouring syrup over candy. The old smell is way better.

I guess I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Working with the fruit slice smell gets old real fast.
Lately I have been using less and less and using other products.
Doubt I will order another bucket if it only comes in the fruit slice version.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If my customers were singing a tune like this, I'd switch it back,..just saying. I've never used or smelled it so can't say for myself.

Looking forward to trying it though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You girls kill me. I couldn't tell you if my latest bucket was fruit slice or gay wedgie.

All i care about is that it cleans.

My customers never mention it.

grizzley

Name
Tim
Im not new to carpet cleaning, but am new to HWE and have researched and researched different presprays out there to suit my needs. I deal with apts all day, every day, some are great, but I have some that a match and a dab of gasoline would give a major improvement. From what I have read from everyone, Powermax is great and would like to try it out. Does Cobb's send out small samples to try out?

Name
Andy McFadden
Im not new to carpet cleaning, but am new to HWE and have researched and researched different presprays out there to suit my needs. I deal with apts all day, every day, some are great, but I have some that a match and a dab of gasoline would give a major improvement. From what I have read from everyone, Powermax is great and would like to try it out. Does Cobb's send out small samples to try out?

Just order a jar, it's only $20 , should make your job of cleaning trashed apartments easier. Remember to ignore the dilution instructions on the label,

Reactions: tmdry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jesse;

The dilution rate for prespray depends on the amount of prespray you apply and the type of equipment you have.

Since you have a Dynachem TM with good heat, I would use 1.5 cups (12 oz.) in an Inline Sprayer.

A pump up w/TM would require ~ 4oz. per gallon since less solution is sprayed.

A pump up w/portable would require ~6 oz. per gallon due to lack of heat and power.

Larry

Charles Anhalt

Supportive Member
Name
Charles Ronald Anhalt
If I use 8 oz. per gallon the customer will say my carpet feels like I'm walking on the beach... lol (but it sure does smell good)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use 2 oz per gallon on almost every job. On the occasional rat nasty, I use 3 oz's per gallon. Never ever have I used it at anything over 3 oz's per gallon. It foams so bad in your waste tank at 2 oz's per gallon that you lose about a third of your capacity. I can't even imagine how bad that would be at 8 oz's per gallon.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Your waste tank must be small or have a lot of turbulence inside it causing it to foam.
I have never experienced any foaming issues in the tank with PowerMax. and I run 3 cups (24) ounces in a 1:8 hydro.
Whenever I pop my waste tank lid all that is in there is water, no foam.

And I use soft water in my fresh tank with detergent in it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Your waste tank must be small or have a lot of turbulence inside it causing it to foam.
I have never experienced any foaming issues in the tank with PowerMax. and I run 3 cups (24) ounces in a 1:8 hydro.
Whenever I pop my waste tank lid all that is in there is water, no foam.

And I use soft water in my fresh tank with detergent in it.

My waste tank is 100 gallons.

May be there's a lot of turbulence in my mix bucket and my Multisprayer jugs too, because it foams up in them too.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Charles Anhalt

Supportive Member
Name
Charles Ronald Anhalt
Hey Larry, just finished cleaning 2 large pre kindergarten rooms of totally trashed olefin glue down with your Powermax pre-spray at 3 oz. per gallon in a pump up sprayer. Extracted with End Zone. Powermax mixed well and worked like a champ! No foam issues either. Lots of dry strokes and speed dried with airmovers, as it should be, and I am now hooked on Powermax. Thanks for a wonderful product!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks; Charles

With a good portable extractor . . .

I think 3 to 4 oz. is best, depending on how much liquid you spray . . .

Larry

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey Larry, just finished cleaning 2 large pre kindergarten rooms of totally trashed olefin glue down with your Powermax pre-spray at 3 oz. per gallon in a pump up sprayer. Extracted with End Zone. Powermax mixed well and worked like a champ! No foam issues either. Lots of dry strokes and speed dried with airmovers, as it should be, and I am now hooked on Powermax. Thanks for a wonderful product!

So you cleaned two rooms with the stuff and you're hooked... I love it when people can make up their minds that quick about a product. What about the variables: carpet never been cleaned and factory protector allows easy cleaning? What if it was cleaned before and got heavy scotchgard? What if it was just the type of carpet that cleans up good even if you prespray with Tide? (In other words: anything would make it clean.)

I always need more (a lot more, in fact) jobs and time with products to evaluate and test to see if they're good or bad.

Btw I have been using powermax for years, so don't take this the wrong way. (and just getting ready to order a couple of buckets again. Hopefully the original formula!!! Bc that fruitslice nonesense was just that.)

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's a really good product. It works on a wide variety of soils. There's a hundred other products just as good, but Larry's other products are great too. So, I buy everything I can from him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom