Prespray residue on furniture

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've recently noticed that my favorite prespray is leaving a yellow residue on furniture. Granted, I am well aware that we should be careful not to spray furniture legs and baseboards, but let's be realistic. You just can't prevent it entirely. The prespray I love leaves a horrible residue. I only mix it at 1/4th the recommended ratio and it still is causing complaints.

Have you guys noticed this before? Have you taken steps to prevent it? What presprays are you using that won't leave a noticeable residue?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The prespray I love leaves a horrible residue.
Its time to change what you love to what the client would expect. Horrible is not what they would expect.

Try some wood cream restorer to cleanup the wood where the prespray cut the finish of the wood. If its real bad you may need 0000 steel wool, go with the natural grain of the wood.

Try buying something that smells pleasant or has little scent at all.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Marty are you talking about upholstery prespray or wetting baseboards/furniture legs with your carpet prespray?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If a man speaks in the forest and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Am I going to have to go over to Rob land to get my questions answered?

I am talking about my carpet prespray.

All I want to know is if any of you people have had this problem before and if you have managed to find a Jim Martin approved prespray that won't leave residue marks on wood.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have not seen or noticed any problem like you describe nor have I ever received a complaint and I think we are talking about the same prespray.
I hope it's not our prespray. I love the stuff. I had one of my Always Clean customers tell me (when I called to schedule her appt) that she had noticed it yesterday. Today, my largest commercial account told me they noticed it. I can't have this.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All I want to know is if any of you people have had this problem before and if you have managed to find a Jim Martin approved prespray that won't leave residue marks on wood.
Dipsh*t you are spraying something that will always cut the finish on wood surfaces. :icon_rolleyes:

The stronger the prespray the faster it will cut it.

We don't use harsh stuff but even what we use would cut the wax if you overspray on wood. We train them the soft stuff is where the prespray goes, leave the had stuff alone.

Quit wasting prespray pigsnot!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Listen asshole, there is no way you can tell me that your employees can prespray without having overspray drift onto furniture and baseboards. So don't even try. None of us intentionally spray furniture while prespraying carpet, but it can't be 100% avoided. If you think it can, then you need to get out and clean once in awhile.

Now, if you never get these complaints fine. Tell me what prespray you use.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I hope it's not our prespray. I love the stuff. I had one of my Always Clean customers tell me (when I called to schedule her appt) that she had noticed it yesterday. Today, my largest commercial account told me they noticed it. I can't have this.

Did this start with a new bucket perhaps with a heavy load of citrus or oxidizer in it? whicheveronemakesityellow?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got a new bucket sometime in December, but I can't be sure that this started in December as both these are ongoing accounts that are maintained monthly and semi-annually.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Now, if you never get these complaints fine. Tell me what prespray you use.
As much as I enjoying being an ass to you I'm sincere this time. We don't get them.

We use Axiom but before that Ultrapac for decades and only when over sprayed on a hardwood floor but as I said they are trained to put towels down IF they need to spray that close to the wood.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I got a new bucket sometime in December, but I can't be sure that this started in December as both these are ongoing accounts that are maintained monthly and semi-annually.

Like I said, never noticed it before and I actually wash a lot of rental baseboards with a hydroforce full of it and I don't wipe them dry either. But I agree you can't have that problem.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like I said, never noticed it before and I actually wash a lot of rental baseboards with a hydroforce full of it and I don't wipe them dry either. But I agree you can't have that problem.
One of the jobs that mentioned it was scotchgarded after the last cleaning, but the residential job that mentioned it has never been scotchgarded, so I don't THINK it's the SG. I'll let my table dry and check it out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
my prespray doesn't leave any noticeable residue ..not that I've noticed or heard about anyway ...and i KNOW I'd hear about it from Ms Joni if it did
Baseboards in our home are 5.5" tall oak medium dark finish , furniture legs that show (end tables and one chair) are dark cherry finish .

I'm less careful in my own home than res jobs..so I'm sure I've got plenty overspray on Joni's stuff...I have yet to incur any Sicilian wrath (over slopping up her baseboards or furniture legs anyway) so no, no problems with the pre-sprays we use most in res...which is Prochem Ultrapac
May have used Flex a time or two as well, can't recall any noticeable gunk with it either

maybe Cobblet started adding some new bath salts to the cement mixer?? ...and that's why you just become aware ??
You've been using it for years haven't you?? and this is a fairly recent thing, no??

..LT..A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked001.gif

Its not the products fault, the product is meant for "carpet".
:oldrolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom