Prespray residue on furniture

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you want folks to suggest a prespray by name, it's only fair that you name the stuff you think is causing the problem, don't you think?

That's about as stupid as anything I've heard around here. I don't want to unfairly criticize a product until I know it's the cause, but asking you guys to name your products that you already know do not cause the problem is not risking anything for the mfg. in question.

Proper reasoning skills can be learned, unless you're retarded. I suggest you work on it.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I've recently noticed that my favorite prespray is leaving a yellow residue on furniture. Granted, I am well aware that we should be careful not to spray furniture legs and baseboards, but let's be realistic. You just can't prevent it entirely. The prespray I love leaves a horrible residue. I only mix it at 1/4th the recommended ratio and it still is causing complaints.

Have you guys noticed this before? Have you taken steps to prevent it? What presprays are you using that won't leave a noticeable residue?

In all due respect, whether or not your prespray leaves a "noticeable" residue or not, if you are getting prespray on the baseboards and furniture legs you should be wiping it off. So you need to be careful NOT to get ANY prespray on the baseboards and furniture legs, and if you do, you need to wipe the baseboards and furniture legs off with a towel. Pretty simple solution really!

No offense, but I find it hard to believe that someone with your experience is getting complaints from your customers for any reason, but especially for something as basic as being careful, paying attention, and wiping furniture legs if you happen to get them wet with prespray.

hogjowl

Idiot™
In all due respect, whether or not your prespray leaves a "noticeable" residue or not, if you are getting prespray on the baseboards and furniture legs you should be wiping it off. So you need to be careful NOT to get ANY prespray on the baseboards and furniture legs, and if you do, you need to wipe the baseboards and furniture legs off with a towel. Pretty simple solution really!

No offense, but I find it hard to believe that someone with your experience is getting complaints from your customers for any reason, but especially for something as basic as being careful, paying attention, and wiping furniture legs if you happen to get them wet with prespray.

No, I suspect you're full of shit. You see, I believe the real difference between you and me, besides the fact that you are an arrogant ass, is that I am willing to share my production issues.

And as I have previously stated, if you are seriously saying that you and your employees don't spray baseboards and furniture legs on occasion, or that you or they walk around with a towel wiping them off, then I'm calling you a damn liar.

Last edited:

Bjorn

with mertys over spray problem he should keep that black light away from the front of his pants

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes...I have seen it happen a few times with Cobbs. ...I have gotten a few complaints from clients that it left a residue on a base board....we try not to get it on them but it happens....

Reactions: Wing It and hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes...I have seen it happen a few times with Cobbs. ...I have gotten a few complaints from clients that it left a residue on a base board....we try not to get it on them but it happens....

Thanks for your realistic post. I feel safe in assuming that your current prespray doesn't do this? So what are you using?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have some of Cobbs stuff still left that I use but mostly I have been using flex....I can't say that it does not do the same thing...but I have not had any complaints and I have not noticed it giving me any problems

hogjowl

Idiot™
The first time I noticed this was years ago when I used the powdered version of Procyon. Once I stopped using it, my problems went away. Since that time, up until now, I have used liquids and have not noticed it occurring. I went to using PM a year or two ago (another powder) and it starts again.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Not to uncommon for powders..although most mix good..the seem to have a film that floats at by he top.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So if powders leave a residue on wood, is it not leaving the same film on the carpets its used on?

I think Lockhart better take a better look at the chem's he uses and quit building a case against Encap cleaners. Boo Yah!!!

Reactions: Shane Deubell

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Can't say if I've ever done it but I've never had a complaint. Currently,using flex boosted with 40 vol. I will do a test and see.

Gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The first time I noticed this was years ago when I used the powdered version of Procyon. Once I stopped using it, my problems went away. Since that time, up until now, I have used liquids and have not noticed it occurring. I went to using PM a year or two ago (another powder) and it starts again.

At first I thought it was the solvents,

But since it occurred with Procyon pH 9.5 , that means it is strictly an actual powder issue . . .
It is a good dissolver . . .

The PM could be not completely dissolved .

What sprayer and tip are you using ? ?

A narrow jet pattern might help with the overspray . . .

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Fortunately, we haven't been called out on it.

Only time I wipe down furniture is if. I knowingly hit it. I'm sure there have been many times it has gone unnoticed . Both by us and the more importantly the customer

Thanks for the topic, good reminder.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Larry:
Richard once called me out about my blue Multisprayer being chaulk white. I laughed about it then, but if I'd been paying attention, that should have been my first clue that I had a problem. I don't think that started happening until of late. I use the standard Multisprayer tip.

Man, I LOVE PM, but I can't let this go on. Do you have another product you'd suggest?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty.

What is the soil like in Prattville ?

Our StainResist powder dissolves the easiest and leaves the least residue .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom