prochem cheyenne 2008

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
hi everyone, i want to buy this soon. it sounds like one of the best out there with 220 in waterlift and 240 cfm. an option of 500 psi water pump adjustable and inline heater capable of 209 deg. i wonder how hot it stays under continuous use!!! please give any opinions good or bad. is there any machines u think would be better for this price?

thanks in advance

hogjowl

Idiot™
Sounds like a portable. Is it a portable?

Tell yourself .... "I am a professional and I can afford a real TM." "I am a professional and I can afford a real TM." "I am a professional and I can afford a real TM." ...

Keep saying that and eventually you will see the light.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Don't go porty unless you just can't aquire the funds.
you'll work your ass off and not keep customers or their friends.

If you do get a porty...Save your money, build your credit, rob a bank (don't rob a bank dude) and get a TM.

G

He might just need it to get to tough places,you guys are like smokers who quit as opposed to someone who never dld,it bothers you more because you used to use one.

Kevin

PS-Marty did you ever get a Kunkle like I told you years ago on another board? :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin P said:
He might just need it to get to tough places,you guys are like smokers who quit as opposed to someone who never dld,it bothers you more because you used to use one.

Kevin

PS-Marty did you ever get a Kunkle like I told you years ago on another board? :lol:

You are correct sir (in my best Phil Hartman using his best Ed McMahon voice).

Greenie

extreme steam said:
hi everyone, i want to buy this soon. it sounds like one of the best out there with 220 in waterlift and 240 cfm. an option of 500 psi water pump adjustable and inline heater capable of 209 deg. i wonder how hot it stays under continuous use!!! please give any opinions good or bad. is there any machines u think would be better for this price?

thanks in advance

Extreme,
Those numbers are suspicious at best, and down right lies possibly, given your location, I'd just call Jim or Gary Bethel from PowerClean Aus. and order a portable from them, they will give you straight scoop and a good machine. Don't bother explaining to the Yanks that 220-240v machines are a different animal than 115v machines...lol

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim Bethel or Aussies;

What amount of current is available in Australia on a standard 220 Volt circuit ??

The specs on the portable seem pretty ambitious to me.

Larry

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
thanks every1

larry, here in new zealand we have 15 amp 240v curcuits. that makes for a shit load of watts 3600 max!! the place i would purchase from is cleaning systems. cant understand how a reputable company like prochem would lie about specs tho!!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I agree that Prochem is a big company. And I am not saying they would ever lie to anyone. I believe they're good people.

However I have seen large, and supposedly "reputable" companies STRETCH and EMBELLISH the truth on a number of occasions. As an example, consider how a few of the large companies have brought poor performing "encapsulation" products to market that don't contain sufficient polymer to even remotely encapsulate soil. Or consider how a very large supply company recently made claims that they were selling Releasit repackaged under their name, when in fact the product they were selling bears no resemblance to Releasit! Some of the "reputable" companies may at times get a little over-enthusiastic in what they claim. It happens. I'm not in any way saying that Prochem is doing this; but others have. So it is always good to be cautious, regardless of who is making the claims.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
extreme steam said:

thanks in advance
Unless it's a 2 plug heater, I'm highly skeptical. I have this old Kleenrite 2 plug, and while it gives me a big burst of heat and holds it for a while, it still requires some adaptation in cleaning technique.

DSC00667.jpg

Greenie

extreme steam said:
cant understand how a reputable company like prochem would lie about specs tho!!

Start with a supplier that will be square with you, and not toss a sales pitch cause it happens to be what he has on the floor.

The biggest advantage I see with 240v porties, is you can actually have a some elec. heat that works at carpet flow rates, you've already got the vacs and pump well supported on that platform, bring on the heat.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I bought a Masterblend Truckforce 3500. it doesnt have heat. but can run 150ft of hose no problem. and runs 500 psi. it has autofill with chemical metering and auto dump. hook up to how water faucet and run your waste hose and just go. i dont regret buying it one bit. 100 cfm at 14 inches of mercury lift. it has serious suction, and will runn all of the 500 psi its capable of. heavy but worth it.

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
C&S thats interesting what are your dry times like?

Greenie yea i figure with the heat u can use a little less pressure and there fore get drier carpets, similar to a tripple vac setup... maybe.

Willy P pretty sure its a single im on 240 v 15 amp . is your kleenrite a 120 v??

encapman point taken advertising and sales people, no matter what industry

Brian Robison and admiralclean, the portable would be an affordable way to start on my own, i have used tm for 7 years but the figures on the performance do seem on par with a entry level tm.

kevin p of course there are plenty of times that i would use this even with a tm. even upholstery

ps can someone tell me how to get those quote boxes to appear please

Greenie

Click the quote button in the upper right corner.

As for portys, it's simple choose a high cfm machine and a decent pump, run some 2" hose and all will be well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian Robison and admiralclean, the portable would be an affordable way to start on my own, i have used tm for 7 years but the figures on the performance do seem on par with a entry level tm.

Do all you can to get a TM. There are alot of companies that are dying to give you a lease to own contract.
That's how I got mine. 10% buy out at the end (which I was able to put upfront thank god).
I know the porty will work for you and for some reason I have no doubt that you will do a great job..even though I don't know you but I gotta say it again.

Image is everything, you won't get referrals, You won't get as many repeat customers. I know it sounds like BS because it is. I did awesome work for two years with a porty and got some but no where near what I got after the big pretty van and the big pretty equipment that made alot of noise.
I know it ain't right but it's the way TM gods intended it. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh and don't go entry level either..esp if you have worked TMs before...you will be sorry I think. It's like getting that car without the v-8 and the powerwindows.
and making enough money to pay for it?

Customers,
If you buy it, they will come. :wink:

C

Carpet Dude

a supplier here in my nake of the woods sales those cheyenne portables. IMO they are way under powered....at least the ones sold here.

Mytee seems to have a nice combo with there unit and booster vac. If the numbers are true, I'd seriously consider it.

Brian Robison said:
Image is everything, you won't get referrals, You won't get as many repeat customers. I know it sounds like BS because it is. I did awesome work for two years with a porty and got some but no where near what I got after the big pretty van and the big pretty equipment that made alot of noise.
I know it ain't right but it's the way TM gods intended it. :mrgreen:

I couldn't have said it better! I started with a porty and worked my way up, but man I never want to go back to a P.O.S porty again.

If all of these replies haven't persuaded you to buy a tm :D, then I would advise you to seriously look into the Masterblend Truckforce. It's a great porty, but it's a heavy F'r to take out and reload into a van.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
The best Dry time i got are 45 min. on dense cut top pile, slowest time that i know of is 4hrs. it was a greasy restaurant.

Typical dry time is apx 1.5 - 2 hrs.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
extreme steam said:

Willy P pretty sure its a single im on 240 v 15 amp . is your kleenrite a 120 v??
e
2 plugs,both 120, one dedicated 15 amp for 2000 watt and a secondary 1500. Hot enough to burn if you aren't careful. I use a 500 PSI Cross American Recoil with 3 vacs. Hunting out 4 seperate circuits can be challenging at times, but when it's rockin' it a great little system. I service mostly high rise accounts.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I saw a large portable on Jim Bethel's web page.

It had two power circuits and cords.

That would be enough power to supply 6900 watts (2 x 15A x 230V).

That is a lot more power to work with....

So the portable could have the heater, along with the hi-pressure pump and hi-perf vacs.

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The CHeyenne has the best design of all the porties out there. It may be underpowered but it sure would be nice to tweak it with the right vacs, pump and heater.
The connections and switches are all on top. Has a 2 in hose barb and plumbed 2". If something goes wrong, just dump the recovery tank and open it up. No need to empty the soln tank! Has 18 gal soln, 15 gal recovery. Easy to pickup and maneuver.

Any other porty out there that is this easy to work on?

Greenie

There is something to be said for those 3 two stage vacs in series in the Truckforce, I think one step more expensive and harder to do would be two sets of two, take some amps and plumbing, but would show what a 2 stage vac was capable of if used right, it would be a solid 200 cfm machine with good water lift.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Greenie said:
There is something to be said for those 3 two stage vacs in series in the Truckforce, I think one step more expensive and harder to do would be two sets of two, take some amps and plumbing, but would show what a 2 stage vac was capable of if used right, it would be a solid 200 cfm machine with good water lift.
Now you got me pining for my old Ninja.... 500 PSI General pump, and 2 sets of 2 in series to a parallel. OOOOMMMPHHH!

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
Larry B said:
Might get a good deal on this!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/ju ... ers-house/
Might get a good deal on this!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/ju ... ers-house/

yeah a bargain no doubt lol

pete
Ron Werner said:
the best design of all the porties out there. It may be underpowered but it sure would be nice to tweak it with the right vacs, pump and heater.
The connections and switches are all on top. Has a 2 in hose barb and plumbed 2". If something goes wrong, just dump the recovery tank and open it up. No need to empty the soln tank! Has 18 gal soln, 15 gal recovery. Easy to pickup and maneuver.

just what i had in mind 2 by 2 vacs!! the new model is 60 litre soln and recovery.

im still confused tho as i am buying from this site http://www.cleaningsystems.co.nz/ who dont have figures for cfm, only 220 waterlift. however it does appear to be the SAME model as this site offers... http://www.janitorialdirect.co.uk/product/?pid=2578 who confirmed by email that it has 220 in waterlift and 240 cfm. now adding 2 more pumps in parallel would make this thing 400 plus cfm. that would be maxiing out the 2 cords im sure!

cleaning systems also offer a 500 psi option and 209 deg heat exchanger.

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
Larry Cobb said:
I saw a large portable on Jim Bethel's web page.

It had two power circuits and cords.

That would be enough power to supply 6900 watts (2 x 15A x 230V).

That is a lot more power to work with....

So the portable could have the heater, along with the hi-pressure pump and hi-perf vacs.

Larry

240 v here so thats 7200w. problem about shipping to here cause from uk its nz$2000

Greenie

extreme steam said:
just what i had in mind 2 by 2 vacs!! the new model is 60 litre soln and recovery.

im still confused tho as i am buying from this site http://www.cleaningsystems.co.nz/ who dont have figures for cfm, only 220 waterlift. however it does appear to be the SAME model as this site offers... http://www.janitorialdirect.co.uk/product/?pid=2578 who confirmed by email that it has 220 in waterlift and 240 cfm. now adding 2 more pumps in parallel would make this thing 400 plus cfm. that would be maxiing out the 2 cords im sure!

cleaning systems also offer a 500 psi option and 209 deg heat exchanger.

Listen brother, I know some internet salesman told you the above, but it's simply not true, their OWN website list TWO 3 stage vacs...that's it. You either get the CFM or you get the Waterlift...end of story. Just apply some logic here, at the end of the day it's only 2 small 5.7" lamb vacs, not NASA technology.

Bottom line, you only have so many amps per lead to work with, so choose a model that use that amperage in such a ratio that makes you happy, a 200 cfm porty is a rock solid machine with 2" hose....why is everyone chasing make believe CFM?
Get 450+ psi and a BIG heater, and call it good.

Back
Top Bottom