• Increased heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Process or systems

• glides

• Total voters

Rex Tyus

A post on another board got me thinking about productivity and efficiency. Please elaborate if you have specifics.

G

I know you greeine fans may not like my answer, but I am way the hell
faster using my Quick Change Sliders. The best move I've made so far.

Cheers, AL

Rex Tyus

That is actually a good point. I have had glides so long I think of it as a staple, not an upgrade but good point.

Greenie

I'm a Greenie fan, I would like to know how a QC Slider has made you more productive in general, then I would like to know how they have made you more productive over any other brand of glide?

Rex Tyus

Come on guys there are many cleaners out there that need help. We have cleaners at 300 sf per hour on vacant houses. Chime in and lets help boost some productivity.

G

Greenie said:
I'm a Greenie fan, I would like to know how a QC Slider has made you more productive in general, then I would like to know how they have made you more productive over any other brand of glide?

Sure I'd be glad to tell you, I have to answer your second question first.
#2? = Relax, who said anything about my "Slides" being more productive?
(Never used a Glide)

#1? = Well, my "2" favorite Slides , Teflon Easy Slide, which like any other Glide, allows you to push the wand with one hand in almost any carpet , which indeed is much, much faster. (like Rex said, a staple to most veterans)
But my Super Twin Vac, now I can clean about 1200 sq. ft. an hour with that one,(CGD) and it's as easy as vacuuming, and will leave the carpet just about dry. ( It's kind of like the Air Hockey game, but backwards)

Cheers, AL

John Watson

It took me a combination of all to achieve what we got going now. 1 step at a time and implementing them all. Any one thing helps, but, wow, I enjoy what I am doing again.

As far as glides and slides go,

I have not tried the slide and would have to resort back to a 1 3/4 in wand to do so, which I don't think will happen.
Make them fit my 2 in wand and I would be open to try. As it is I have not needed to change my existing glide for any particular carpet style or nap. I clean them all with just the one I have.

I have tried Lips, Glide on my 1 3/4 wand and a glide on my 2 in wand.

I believe I have found my personal sweet spot. (But, willing to hear and try more to make me and Helen More Better!!!)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
all of the above really....

the vac makes it so you can move faster...

yet so does having more flow...

but if you dont have the vac for the flow then its stupid...

and of course the glides....hell couldnt move the wand with out it...

you need to put on there....

"Talking to greenie longer then you should"

next I want to remove the blower exchanger and put just a silencer, and add a engine exchanger to help take the "chill" off...cuz I love me some propane heater...but on small jobs its nice to have the extra kick

G

Greg Loe said:
You clean 1200 sqft an hour you're nothing but a hack doing a shitty job.

No, that's CGD carpet I'm talking about. (lightly soiled) and yes I can do a great job with that Slide! :D

G

Mr. Slide said:
[quote="Greg Loe":37qmbiuq]You clean 1200 sqft an hour you're nothing but a hack doing a shitty job.

No, that's CGD carpet I'm talking about. (lightly soiled) and yes I can do a great job with that Slide! :D[/quote:37qmbiuq]

And with this Slide, You can leave your FAN in the VAN, MAN!!!!!
It's 2008, catch up!
Cheers, Mr. Slide>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Name
Ron lippold
24 flow has been the best increase so far the glides are a given with the mighty V.

But in all reality the more flow a guy can run the better he will clean with less passes which = more money and happier customers. :D

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I think improved chemistry & OP machines have probably been my best from a production stand point. Although glides definitely improved dry times when extracting.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We have noticed that the guys can do more in the morning. After they eat lunch everything takes twice as long as it should, so to combat this trend we have taken away lunch! :shock:

Tony

So far so good!

TimP

I'm one of the guys that's at about 300-400 ft an hour by myself with furniture and the whole deal. Depends on the room size how much furniture in each room and how much furniture to move. How many stains there are that I have to fight with. Now with empties I'm probably at 4-500 ft an hour maybe a bit quicker depending on room size. Smaller rooms slow me down of course. Now if I'm working with a helper I should be at least 600 an hour and if I had a man helping me since my wife is my helper when I need one I should be able to knock out more.

I'd have to say that I couldn't do it without glides. I run 2"hose and run a greenhorn and that helps with production. I'm doing less strokes than I would otherwise. I don't know about systems with empties cause I don't see how I can do things much faster by myself other than skimp somewhere. I usually spray out 600 ft or more scrub and then rinse. Maybe an injection sprayer may help me a bit but not by much.

A system helps when you have furniture to move. First vac whole house, move funiture in process....vac under it of course. Spray where furniture is and additional rooms, I prefer to soak the yarn so that it's wet throughout the yarn but not flood it to the backing....about 200 ft per gal. Scrub, run a 175 over traffic lanes if necesarry. Clean under them move them back spray down the remaining areas if less than 600 ft are sprayed out already and then clean other rooms that were dwelling while you were cleaning under the furniture. Let your chems do more work this way. I'm sure everyone has their own system though.

Jimbo

...like never making a trip to the truck

Good poll, Rex...for me it would have to be increased flow; heat; vacuum, and GLIDES..and systems also.

It has been a progressive thing...first it was a Kunkle on the PC a few years back...then GLIDES...then 2 2" hoses to a y...then 09 flow...then a Vortex...add a willingness to agitate prespray with a machine...and we are set!

Rex Tyus

Some really good post on this. Thanks guys. I have to say when I first put this up I voted heat as that is the most recent upgrade I have made, and therefore fresh on my mind. But after reading what others have said, I remembered the one thing that has made virtually every upgrade I have made possible. MY GENUINE GREENGLIDE. Without it I would never have been able to make the up grades I did. The vac made possible for the flow up grades the flow upgrades made it NECESSARY for additional heat. The increased mechanical ability made me want to be able to take advantage of what I had at my fingertips thus practice in timing and developing an efficient system.

So in short I was wrong in my poll vote. The single most important upgrade was the GreenGlide as it made possible for everything else.

Rex Tyus

Not really. Everyone is not a speed freak. Some have units that they don't think needs tweaking. Some don't know why it is better they just know it is, and....

... then there is Marty that just don't give a shit.

I value quality not quantity.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I voted Glides.
I had already boosted my vac and running a 2" wand with lips.
I put a glide on my 2" wand and life got a whole lot easier.

When I got the greenhorn, it put everything together, the glide, the vac and the flow. I haven't changed my heat at all and am performing better. although, to some- well... most, I'm slow. :wink:

Also the chemistry has helped a lot. The O2 system has been removing most soils so I don't have to stop to spot.

A couple other things that have helped, the lift buddy and sliders and now the Sticky tabs. These 3 innovations have made it easier and faster to move and replace furniture.

Rex Tyus

A couple other things that have helped, the lift buddy

I am glad I am not the only one that likes the lift buddy. Most of the post are less than flattering concerning that item. I was starting to think something was wrong with me. :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not true. I actually DO GAS about this. I'm running 2 inch Greenbean wand with hole glide and 2.5 inch hose with 2.5 inch upgrade on my waste tank. My drying times are phenomenal and my cleaning is top notch.

However, my production times suck.

Rex Tyus

Marty, I am sincerely happy that I finally posted on a topic that you GAS about. :D

Really! :D :D

TimP

If you can't charge for the time to dry vac I don't know what to tell you. I'd much rather vacuum and spend a bit more time at a job than to wear my body out pushing an un-glided wand. Not only does it save my body but it also leaves the carpet dryer and cleaner. In the end that says a lot when you leave. The customer knows you're doing a really good job and they don't have wet carpet for days. It's how we set ourselves apart from the hacks. You should still be able to produce good cleaning rates even with vacuuming.

Rex Tyus

I don't want to start a debate as to whether to dry vac or not on this thread. I was just curious as to how a glide could lessen productivity. That was the only possibility I could think of. If that were my concern however I would just use a slot and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom