Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Process or systems

• glides

• Total voters
Name
Bruce
Windsor Icapsol, before I found this board I didn't know such a thing existed.

Yesterday I got a chance to look at the Greenhorn wand , I can tell that upgrade is going to make a large impact on me.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you really think about it........It's really all about efficiency...........

.it does not matter what tool or trinket you have in your hands........
If you cant learn to make it work as efficient as possible and give you 100% then you have lost your productivity......

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I would say not just glides but rather the 14" 5-Jet Greenhorn Wand with hole glide. That wand has been the biggest improvement in my day to day cleaning. I know many will disagree, but I like it better than a tricked out Tit. wand. The jet spacing is awesome. I love that center jet!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Glides were not intended to help you go faster, but to make working more comfortable and cleaning more efficient. There is a tendency for new glide users to go faster, because they can, but we tell them to slow back down. The idea is to not be as tired at the end of the job, or the end of the day, to help have a longer and less painful career behind the wand.

If you are moving faster, you are not cleaning as well because you are not getting the same volume of solution down in the same square footage. You can make up for it somewhat with higher flow or more aggressive glides which provide more agitation, however, aggressive glides defeat the ergonomic purpose of a glide, and the further you get from the hole design, you give up drying efficiency.

Take care,
Lisa

TimP

I can understand the intention but in the real world they have helped save time and efficiency of cleaning does have an aspect of time to it.

Glides save me time by not having to lug a fan or two into the home to get decent dry times.

Glides also save me time by allowing me to work throughout the day and not wear myself out so I can keep a good pace up all day long which enables me to produce more in one day.

Glides allow me to use higher flow which saves time by not having to do as many wet passes to properly rinse the fiber.

Glides may slow some down by having to vacuum but I believe that it should be done regardless of glides.

High flow actually allows for deeper and better rinsing and in effect uses less total water and I don't have to hunt for spigots as often which saves time! (only applicable for under 12 flow most likely)

Also glides save my customers time because they don't have to stay off the carpet as long as they would before! Due to faster dry times (this could also be related to the angled jets)

There are probably other reasons but those are the ones that come to mind for me!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron Lippold said:
24 flow has been the best increase so far the glides are a given with the mighty V.

But in all reality the more flow a guy can run the better he will clean with less passes which = more money and happier customers. :D

This is a question for anybody to answer:

I run ten flow. I get carpets dry in a half hour in most cases, a little longer on berbers in basements when it's raining... but decent dry time. I don't want to screw that up. What's the most flow I can run with a 27 HP 47 setup through a greenhorn wand with 2.5 in hose?

BTW, I need at least 20 minutes with the airpath to get those dry times.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Gary, I'll be running 15 flow soon with a Greenhorn with a Roots4.7
I'm doing that right now with my old girl, 59 blower, but she's not spec'd out like the new unit will be. With a holed glide, I bet you keep your 30 min dry time.

Give it a try but keep your 02jets.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
The first major increase I had was when I was using a porty. Invested in a hydroforce and parked the pump up sprayer. Next boost was primarily on larger jobs, fresh water supply hose to the porty.

Moving to a tm, flow, heat, and cfm improved my production rates. Any increase in productivity recently was on a smaller scale... 2 man crew, helper spraying ahead with a multisprayer.

Greenie

No Country For Old Men

I was disappointed with that movie, it was all pumped up too...

ps: Why do guys think their #4 blower won't pick up a few more pints of water per minute? a 33 blower will recover 24 flow easily.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Somebody I know referred to you as the L. Ron Hubbard of the carpet cleaning industry. They said you were a nice guy, and made an excellent product, but were bat-freakin' crazy. A 33 blower with 24 flow? That's the first crazy thing I've heard so far.... But you are the expert.

Able 1

Name
Keith
the thing i like about my greenglide is i have the slots and i really don't have a problem with it clogging. I'm not saying that the popcorn seeds or the annoying soft air bee-bee's will go through but you can see them and hope.

One of the big company's in town tried them and there tech's said they didn't like them. WHAT!!

I don't think the company wanted to spend the money since no body that actually works on there truck's owns any part of it .

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My guitarist went to the Drive In double feature. Indy Jones and Iron man.

Wanted to see Indy, always liked indy, said this one was pretty good, but he stayed for Iron Man, and it walked all over the first feature. He said Iron Man wouldn't have been nice to any movie they put it next to.

Greenie

It's not the first time I've been called crazy.

Ok...on the No Country....you have to tell me what you liked about the movie....just sheer violence? There was no good guy, and most of the innocents got wacked....maybe that was the good part?

Tech note; Positive displacement blowers are just real efficient at removing water from a textile, keep that 24 comment in mind the next time you do a flood extraction.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Great acting from entire cast, pretty rare in movies these days. Its ok, go rent When Harry met Sally again and disregard my opinion.

Rex Tyus

Somebody I know referred to you as the L. Ron Hubbard of the carpet cleaning industry. They said you were a nice guy, and made an excellent product, but were bat-freakin' crazy. A 33 blower with 24 flow? That's the first crazy thing I've heard so far.... But you are the expert.

There is a couple of things many cleaners and distributors fail to realize when they look at blower size. Especially the senior guys. 1)many stock units until recently were grossly under driven. 2)many are over restricted,constipated or just plain inefficient. Greenie is not crazy he just knows how to look at the specs of a blower and conclude how much lost potential is in many of the units out there.

It is better to have a properly plumbed and adequately driven 33 than a choked down under performing 45.

Greenie

Harry met Sally......ouch!

I liked Pulp Fiction and The Matrix, and those were weird movies so I thought I would like No Country. I do concede the actors were good in the movie, I just thought the script sucked.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Oh I believe him greenie. It just seems crazy. I disagree with the L Ron Hubbard comment, but this old-schooler I know thinks Greenie is leading a cult of unnecessary reliance upon equipment. He says a machine is supposed to heat water, spray water, and suck water. If the machine doesn't suck as good as others, put smaller jets. He thinks a good carpet cleaner can do a proper job with a Rug Doctor, it would just take too long. That's why he thinks greenie is batty. Because he thinks it's not the machine but the cleaner that makes the difference.

Greenie

Doug Heiferman is a Legend, we double our prices from his business advice, who would have thought that when you take an Uph. class you'd be getting business basics in the process.

Pps: The old timer is right....but who can ever argue that more suck is bad?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom