PT seem to be making money.

John G

Some laughed at the idea of running a business with PT's, however, with gas prices what they are, I think these pics show that one business has not only been successful using PT's but is growing be cause of the wise decision made.
3pt.jpg

John,

Remember all the grief that I took on CCC blue board when I was talking about using a PT Cruiser?.... "A girly car..."?

Well, little did I know that girly car's have baby cars that produce the same income as the first.... Hmmmm, was wondering how many "manly" vans produced new ones in the last year or two?

Thought you'd get a kick out of these in front of our shop/office.

Coby
3pt2.jpg

3ptback.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Lil Coby is just bragging. He couldn't use a TM if he wanted to, he'd have the whole winter off.

WISE

So what do they actually clean with?

I guess that could be a real efficient system--hook a drag wand to the back bumper and pt cruise through the job. :roll:

WISE

G

I think it's great when somebody in this industry succeeds; hard work pays off!

Good for Coby!

-JB-

Name
JB
How's bout lettin' us see the inside ????????????? Stocked, that is. :wink:

PS

'Member, succes breeds contempt.

R

R W

Hey, it's great that Coby is successful with pads only. If I recall, he lives in Alaska.....where I wouldn't want to deal with a TM. It's bad enough here in NE Ohio running a TM through the worst part of the Winter! Obviously, he either keeps the cars in a heated area, or unloads the pads and chems every day.

WISE

I could not imagine working in the frigid snowy climates some of you guys do...It is like 55 here today and I have been bitchin! LOL

Snow tires??? I had no idea.

Anyway--not knockin the fella with the PT's...if it works; can't argue with that! Not to mention he is runnin' more crews than me it appears.

WISE

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nothing wrong with working out of a car. I can see how OP only cleaning could be a success in Alaska.

One of your better commercials, PadPrick.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that is very cool. being a fellow vlm'er i could never fit my stuff in one though! :lol:

you fellas should hear all the equipment Mark Dullea on the Challenger forum keeps in his SUV :shock: :

...my work vehicle (a compact Honda Element) is already carrying one to two standard Challengers, an Orbitec CX-20, a 24" Cimex, plus all the other stuff one carts around so as to be ready for any event

thanx --- Derek.

G

So, what COBY is saying is that people call you for the kinda vehicle that you drive NOT for your cleaning method or ability???

I'd rather see a customized old van from the sixties like will showed last month or a CHEVY HHR instead of the PT CRuiser.

randy

Name
Randy
I know a guy that works out of a hatch back, uses VLM only and made 80k last year with no employees and ZERO traditional advertising. Granted he has three relatives that all own maid franchises, so he has (3) databases to get referrals from. They also leave his coupon/ card when they are done with maid service several times per month so that helps.

Bottom line: different techniques work in different markets.

John G

ROFLMAO, just as I thought, it isn't about being successful, it is about using what the CAM "cleaner approved method".

Most making the negative comments are one van ops. LOL

Coby ran hwe for MANY years in Alaska. He chose to go a different route.

He does more cleaning a year than several of the negative posters combined do, but it is obvious, success is not even the goal of many here.

ROI is what makes money.

hogjowl

Idiot™
John G said:
ROFLMAO, just as I thought, it isn't about being successful, it is about using what the CAM "cleaner approved method".

ROI is what makes money.

I couldn't agree with you more PadPrick. It's been obvious to me from very early in my BB career that "success" takes a back seat to quality with most BB posters. By the content of our posts, it becomes evident that most here prefer HWE using a multi-step approach focused on high flow and recovery. Superior cleaning results, but at the cost of true economic success in most cases. Time is money.

If we were truly concerned with "success", in the way you seem to be describing it here, we'd all go with a more standard, Ken Snow, approach to cleaning. Or, if we can take what you are saying about Coby as the real truth, we could opt to adopt his approach. The lesson learned here is that to truly be successful, you have to be willing to drop your actual cleaning standards to a degree that allows you to be profitable with a lower investment in both time on the job and equipment necessary to merely accomplish an appearance cleaning.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
John G said:

ROI is what makes money.

I couldn't agree with you more PadPrick. It's been obvious to me from very early in my BB career that "success" takes a back seat to quality with most BB posters. By the content of our posts, it becomes evident that most here prefer HWE using a multi-step approach focused on high flow and recovery. Superior cleaning results, but at the cost of true economic success in most cases. Time is money.

If we were truly concerned with "success", in the way you seem to be describing it here, we'd all go with a more standard, Ken Snow, approach to cleaning. Or, if we can take what you are saying about Coby as the real truth, we could opt to adopt his approach. The lesson learned here is that to truly be successful, you have to be willing to drop your actual cleaning standards to a degree that allows you to be profitable with a lower investment in both time on the job and equipment necessary to merely accomplish an appearance cleaning.

That was actually quite a rare example of a thoughtful and intelligent comment. It seems to me that whatever business you're in, you can either make a little per unit on great volume or a lot per unit on small volume.

ps, This principle also often applies to volume of posts.
pps But not always..
ppps. Posts can be short and meaningless or verbose and pointless.

John G

Porky

We are talking about a guy who not only has MORE experience than you in HWE cleaning, but also has other tools i.e. HWE, rotovac etc that he employs where neccessary. The POINT was so many laughed at him for his vehicle choice, yet he has grown that business and prospered with it, your "insinuation" that he does work of less quality is just that, an insinuation, knowing Coby very well, I can assure you that you have nothing over him in the quality arena.

There again, your agenda seems to cloud your mind, which WAS the point of the post. You may lack skills on cleaning with certain methods, others don't. So your main thrust is "lowering of standards" and the excuses you make up to somehow validate what you are doing.

If you notice the post was not about METHOD of cleaning, it was about choice of vehicle required to do the job and how well it has worked out for a fellow cleaner. But as per the norm, the decision was made to tear down a fellow cleaner to make yourself somehow look better.

There are so many excuses when it comes to being successful....

Most are just that and nothing more.

G

And so it begins!

So coby mAde a go aT using pt cruisers ANd it worked BFD. If he had a direct drive unit in that thing with two hundred foot of hose, THEN I'd be impressed.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The thing is, I can see where Coby could be reading this and get the impression that we are making fun of him and his choice of vehicles, when the real reason for the negativity of this thread is the fact that it's just another thinly veiled advertising thread started by John, for John.

I can see where Coby could make a success with OP only in Alaska. Imagine trying to use HWE in that cold environment. I just imagine customers appreciate having a self contained machine come into their house with no open doors and no rain/snow blowing in. In that environment, Coby probably doesn't experience that initial negative first impression that many first time pad customers have, and is so hard to overcome.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"thinly"????

There ain'ts NOTHING 'bout John G that can be described as......thinly!!!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
John G said:
The POINT was so many laughed at him for his vehicle choice, yet he has grown that business and prospered with it, your "insinuation" that he does work of less quality is just that, an insinuation, knowing Coby very well, I can assure you that you have nothing over him in the quality arena.

Except, of course, the customers soil is never removed as there is no steam cleaning machine used. No rinsing out of the crap wiped around. Like those who wipe their ass with their bare hand, and then walk away...
But, if you rub your hands together real fast, it all looks the same. I guess that's the principle, just try to make the carpets look uniform without washing them.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a truck, a van and a trailer. An Apex, A Century 400 and a portable. I have been fulltime since January of this year. I have 3 units out on the road BFD doesn't mean I am making more money than Mikey ro Rampage or Fred. What it means is I have 3 units out there.

He may be making millions, it is still a girly car.
John,

Remember all the grief that I took on CCC blue board when I was talking about using a PT Cruiser?.... "A girly car..."?

Well, little did I know that girly car's have baby cars that produce the same income as the first.... Hmmmm, was wondering how many "manly" vans produced new ones in the last year or two?

Thought you'd get a kick out of these in front of our shop/office.

Coby

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, I'd like to disagree to a point with the assertion that no soil is removed with OP cleaning. Certainly dirt is removed. All you have to do is look at the pads to see where the dirt goes. In certain situations, OP cleaning is a fine method that produces great results.

But to say it compares favorably with today's HWE cleaning ... high flow, glided wands and 1 to 2 hour drying times ... is a real stretch. In fact, it's more like the reaction of someone living in the past and trying to retire off it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom