question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
For what it's worth, I have to preheat mine too (Cleanco with MaxHeat). I think it might be more common than you think. It seems like Butler is better but it's been many years since I ran a Butler so I can't say.
Do you use an in line sprayer for prespray? Try capping the suction hose while you lay down your prespray. It might not take you a full 15 minutes to spray but it helps to get you to a much higher temp quickly.
I appreciate you sharing your experience with the Sapphire. It does seem like there have been a few details left out.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't preheat with the Butler but I believe they only use the coiled heat exchanger for heat. ??

The slidein Prochem's we used to partially block the inlet if we needed immediate heat but that's rare. In cold weather we run as we normally would in warm weather but our trucks are garaged. So they don't start out with "cold" water.

F

FB7777

David,

I can certainly empathize with your situation. I seem to remember it being posted during your initial concern with low heat, that this unit tested 220-230 and HELD that temp before it went out the door

Typical shit stirrer that I am, either something happened during delivery or it never achieved what was claimed

And you are ABSOLUTELY correct that you shouldn't have to be troubleshooting a new machine and modifying the specicific instructions giving in the manual to achieve the low end of claimed temperatures

Sapphire, take the machine back or fix the problem.

Totally agree with your assessment regarding your. Butler heat experience... You shouldn't have to cap off a blower for it to get heat. My machines climb over 200 no matter what the outside temperature is and I run them on medium speed

170 is pathetic and complete bullshit, you dropped serious money on this machine and to use your Lexus analogy, you got a fricken Kia

Thank you for keeping everyone updated , just reaffirms why I continue to choose Butler

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
The only place to put the 5 gallon jug is up front between the seats. We have other things there and that does not work. Besides I know at some time it would spill and or my guy will over fill it and it makes a mess in the cab. Again it come down to simplicity and common sense when you have employees. You need to make it easy. Marty you are right. They should build them with the cleaner in mind and what he wants and needs in a machine. Look I know I am doing some whining and on the surface they are small things that are frustrating more than anything else. All in all it runs fine and John is great to deal with and I will buy from him again...as long as he sells Butlers. LOL I may be more picky than other but I have been around this business a long time and I make it a point to find out my customers needs and give them what they want. TM makers should find out the wants and needs of their customers and give them a product they want not what some engineer thinks is cool and is not practical in the real world.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is what I would do, If I truly felt there was still something wrong. I'd pay your mechanic to check it all out just for your piece of mind.

IF there really is an issue, then I'd ask that I get reimbursed for the mechanics time.

It would be worth it just to know or if there were something get it corrected. Why suffer second guess yourself and not know for sure.

If it ran great at Pemberton's this one should also run great.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're not whining and you're not being picky.

Expensive things like TM's should be practically designed and properly functioning.

If they're not, then the whole cleaning community needs to hear about it.

Reactions: FB7777

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It seems strange that a unit like that didn't account for a chem jug. Mines only 2.5 gallon but it's on the front of the machine, where it belongs. I wouldn't want a chem jug between the seats either. Not a deal breaker but a strange oversight, I think.

The Clean Machine

Mikey P

Administrator
Josh Adler will have his brand new Pro1200 at M10F.

With four SS employees, Olson, David and scores of other great mechanical minds attending I bet we can figure this out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Josh Adler will have his brand new Pro1200 at M10F.

With four SS employees, Olson, David and scores of other great mechanical minds attending I bet we can figure this out.

theres no thanks button...
sooooo THANKS i can't wait!!

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
stat stuck open is my guess!
Would you just replace it for good measure?

As far as the tanks, I'd get some brass elbows, barbs and nipples, tubing and add sight tubing to both tanks. If you don't care to do it have someone do it for you. You'll be a lot happier when its done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
1000780_697068380310396_2117566741_n.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Would you just replace it for good measure?

i dunno...but i certainly would test it....
i've had more than a few stick wide open...bran new ones...
and i always used 205's

and YES...while it's apart...why not....some are tricky sticky!

ohh ya...make sure that it is seated in the groove properly wit the gasket on TOP!

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Richard I have the water pond set up like the pic on the left but I wish mine was like the one in the pic. They have the water transfer pump right out in front, NICE!. Mine is crammed between the machine and the sidewall on the left side. I can't wait to try and change the pump when it comes time. That will be a nightmare. Also they have the unit set back and mine is pulled all the way forward because it sits on top of the waste tank. Looks like in that setup a 5 gallon jug would sit in front of it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
bring some tools...
we'll tear that sucker apart
in the bar parking lot......

Went to a Rotary Auto Lift Installers class back in the early 90's, up in Madison IN.

Instructor proceeded to tell us it could not be done that way per the manual. He sat down and got a real surprise that day : )
That night was also the first time I was ever kicked out of a Bar, for underage drinking.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I just saw Bens video and mine is set up just like that. I am soooo glad I got the 2 side doors instead of the slider like his. You lose too much access with a slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom