Questions about Joe Polish.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is it true that his CC biz was a flop?

How many new ideas does he come up with each year?

Does he have new material or does he just add new speakers for each conference?

What exactly do you get for the 15k membership?

What happened to his venture into helping Real Estate Agents?

Does he pay the speakers to do their thing or do they pay him?
* Robert Kiyosaki (Best selling author of the “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” book series & partner of Donald Trump) Nancy Brennan (Senior Vice President of Wells Fargo)
* Joe Sugarman (Direct Marketing Expert & founder of Blu-Blocker sunglasses empire)
* Mark Victor Hansen (Master marketer & co-author of the “Chicken Soup For The Soul” book series)
* Kendra Todd (Winner of Donald Trump’s “The Apprentice”)
* Brian Tracy (Internationally-known sales training expert)
* Richard Branson (Multi-Billionaire founder of the “Virgin” brand… Virgin Airlines, Virgin Records, etc)
* Dan Wheeler (Host of television’s QVC… having sold over 2 Billion Dollars worth of products on TV)
* Ken Glickman (Vice President of Marketing for Boardroom Inc…. World’s largest paid-subscription consumer newsletter)
* Dan Kennedy (World famous direct-response marketing expert)
* John Carlton (One of the most sought-after copywriters on the planet)
* David Bach (Author of “The Automatic Millionaire”)
* Dan Sullivan (Founder of entrepreneurial coaching program: “The Strategic Coach”)
* Vic Conant (Chairman of educational conglomerate: Nightingale Conant)
* Ted Nicholas (Internationally-known marketing guru & master copywriter)
* Gary Halbert (Viewed by the world’s top business people as the greatest ad writer/copywriter who ever lived)
* Bill Phillips (New York Times Best-Selling Author, Mega-Millionaire and founder of EAS Nutrition Empire)

What happens when you have more then one company using Joe's material in one city/phone book? Since all of his tag lines, quotes and tactics seem to be used verbatim don't you think it could look real bad to have two ads in the YP that read the same?

Just curious..

Brian L

Name
Brian L
The dude I purchased my tm from let me borrow a bunch of cassette tapes from the Polish collection. He went to one of his camps many years ago. I still haven't listened to any of them.

diamond brian

The people he pretends to be associated with inhabit only the fringe of our mainstream economy. With the exception of Branson, all became successful by marketing crap and finding gullible buyers. None have actually created anything of substance.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would like to attend a super conference where he will teach me to sell crap to gullible buyers.

This carpet cleaning is for the birds.

R

R W

I guess that if I really wanted to know how they do it, I would buy into his program. If, by using these programs, Dave Rampage and Mikey could possible start reaching $10,000 a day in sales. I guess that I will continue to be a lowly, hack, no-hype carpet cleaner forever.

I did see one competitor in town with the "Don't Clean Your Carpet Until You Call 1-800-xxxxxxx" printed on his van. I guess he was an "Ethical Cleaner"

Mikey P

Administrator
We had a guy in town who was refinishing furniture for years.
Someone put a wild yarn up his ass to delve into carpet cleaning.

He quickly got Polished and started in with the full page YP ads, 1-800 numbers, the "we dont just clean carpet, we live carpets" bs and within a year his .50 a foot put him out of business.

Cameron1

Hey , that is not fair. That is a bad picture.

If you guys knew anything you would not keep asking these same questions.

Cameron1

Wrong market, low pricing, bad mind set. etc.

Same problem as most carpet cleaners, Darren

randy

Name
Randy
Mike in all due respect if you are going to interrogate Polish disciples you should do it professionally, with them hooked up to a polygraph !

And the Carpet cleaning world is watching, so there better be no water boarding, except for Steve Cameron. :wink:

Cameron1

Randy,
where have you been buddy? I was wondering when you would show up!

Mike,
Hell fire Man,
Have someone call me , and I will give you your money's worth, this typing shit gives me Brain overload.

Let's get this out in the open once and for all. I am tired of all this bullshit from one horse dog and pony shows. Let's do it!

Cameron1

Yes, Mike,
I believe all carpet cleaners would benefit from Joe Polish.including terri

Josh Adler

he does have some good idea's. i went to one of his bootcamps last year and it was very gimmicky. I believe he will only let 1 person from ur area into his "platnium plus" membership

J S Stewart

Polish

Get him on the hot seat and charge every one to see it.

Then you will be just like Joe only different. (wannabee)

Split the profits.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so you go out and buy a TM and all the goodies........
maybe or maybe not go to some classes to learn a few things........
we all know how easy it is to get into this industry.and the lies we here sometimes..
then like most you are sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.
now the bills are starting to back up and you are taking low ball and low budget jobs to keep your head above water.......

and in the mean time you have a few vultures circling and waiting to finally take your last few dollars so they can line there pockets.....

it is stuff that anyone with good business since should already know

and if your going to open your own business and you don't already know most of this then your screwed from the starting gate........

G

I do know guys in my area that use his stuff and do well with it. It's just not my style. Anything can work if you apply yourself.

Dave

Cameron1

You are all right. With the knowledge that I now have I feel I could start any business and be successful with it. But, when I started my business at the age of 20 there was no Mikey's board, or SFS , or any kind of network. You basically just tried to see what your competitors were doing, and then try and do it better. That included beating their price . It created a viscous cycle of lowballing. I was lucky to have been able to break out of it.

There are 1000's of cleaners who do not even know this board exist. So, if you or me or Joe can reach them it will create a better Industry for all of us. With that in mind, why belittle the man? Let him do his thing. It raises everyone up a level .

In summary,
it is obvious that everyone here can run a successful business, but our comrades need help. That's where folks like Joe and Howard come in.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mikey, see if he will do a hotseat, sounds like the perfect opportunity to sell his stuff to a bunch of carpet cleaners on here.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I got the Pirhana Marketing Cd's, listened very intently, studied the manual, and even subscribed to one of the voice messaging services he touts in his material.

All in all, I ended up getting a big fat freaking ZERO from that crap. Not saying it won't work for someone, somewhere, but I got the feeling that the whole program was just a front to try and get you to buy more crap and lay out the big money to go to one of his conferences.

In the end, the Pirhana Marketing CD set was one big old long ass INfomercial that I laid out a couple hundred bucks for. It accomplished nothing for me and the money and time would have been better spent actually working to get customers rather than trying to pull some kind of gimmicky marketing to pull in customers.

I got better marketing tips from listening to Rick G talking on ProCleaners Network one evening, and it didn't cost me a thing. I made alot of money doing what he was doing, and like I said, it was totally free.

Rex Tyus

I am asking this question with reverence and sincerity. What is it about the mention of Joe Polish that sends so many in a tizzy? I really haven't followed the drama. I don't want to "stir the pot" if you will. Just trying to understand how one man can provoke such emotion. Good and Bad.

-JB-

Name
JB
I'm just sick of all the funkin' junkmail.

HOW MANY TREES MUST DIE IN VAIN JOE! HOW MANY! :cry:

Bob Foster

An evangelist who is selling hope with a big inference of promise of success without guaranteeing it.

Canned and repetitive information that is continually being repackaged for the next seminar or group of cleaners seeking comfort and enlightenment.

Testimonials of those that saw the light who want you in there brotherhood of "elite carpet cleaning businessmen". Basically he puts a spark under your ass and makes you believe in yourself and to focus on some sort of realistic goals

Here is a simple way to doing it.
Write down a simple task that you know you can realistically do that will improve your business and then go do it. Can't figure that out? Then all the JPs in the world ain't going to save your soul.

Now SFS - that's something way different and better. Don't confuse this class act with the others.

If you got challenges - get a mentor from a different trading area than you and strike up a friendship. There are plenty of people here who would like to help someone else.

Amen.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Hot seat him...just do not tell Brevick...lol...

Terje will have in fits in under 10 seconds...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom