Rebuilding my Vortex's

Mikey P

Administrator
Look I am not defending Bill or Sapphire here at all but lets look at this from a different perspective.

They bought a manufacturing plant that had two dead or dying businesses attached to it.

Blueline never had a hope to survive, Vortex could have if Shawn had kept his nose/mouf out of the whole deal.

Instead he jumps up and down make a total pest/ass of himself to the tune of 300 grand PLUS to date.
Top that with lots of warranty dollars going out for truck they never even built and then Ron shows up with a problem that sounds like it would cost another 20 grand to fix(both trucks) and you could sort of imagine whats going on here.

I'm not saying SS should not fix this, I'm just damn curious just how much money they have actually thrown at Ron's nightmare so far.

So ponder this, SS did not build Ron's trucks. Blue Line did. Shawn owns Vortex now.

Couldn't you say that Shawn is equally responsible to fix these machines?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, I understand your frustration with this whole thing, I have been living it for the last 3 1/2 years. I have a business to run, I cannot draw three years of unemployment. :x I need help getting them fixed and when I told my distributor last month that I needed to talk to a engineer at Sapphire I got no response. When this whole thing started with Shawn, I defended Bill Bruders/ Sapphire Scientific. Is this the kind of appreciation I should get in return.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont know what to say Ron..

so how much time and money has SS thrown at your problems so far?

What is Shawn telling you to do?
When will he have Vortex back up and running?

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron you already know the answer to your problem.

take a big Christmas dinner shit on top of those ******* finned heat exchangers, pack it in real good and tight, toss them into a box and and send them back to Thom COD.

Then buy one more Little Giant heater and get on with your life AFTER you make damn sure those belts and pulleys are as straight and as level as can be.

Life is too short to live the Vortex nightmare.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike that sounds real easy, but the fact remains, this is a serious screw up by a manufacturer that Sapphire bought along with all their product lines. And by the way, I have not bought any Little Giant heaters.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, When I bought the first Vortex, I flew to Phoenix and then got a ride out to Prescott. I went to an manufacturing facility that had a name on the front that said: Blueline the address was: 2604 Liberator, Prescott, AZ 86301. I sat in Thom Fieldings office and made the check payable to Blueline Manufacturing LLC. I did not see Shawn York at the time of purchase. I don't know why you keep trying to divert the responsibility for these trucks to someone other than who manufactured them. For as long as I can remember you have been ragging on Shawn about not having a facility to build your truck, but now the fact that I went to this peticular facility means nothing to you :?:

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure it does Ron, and it's my understanding that they have done all they can to right the situation. Some of the things You've done to those machines created extra issues.

Incaseing those blowers was a bad idea. Putting back pressure with the HX was as well.

So..

Take the boxes off ditch the HX and go propane and get on with your life and business and when Shawn PMs or call you to tell you to keep this thread alive, realize you are dealing with a delusional desperate man who wont take responsibility for his own actions IMO. Tell him to get his company back up and running and give you a fair trade in on those units.

My V had issues too, guess what, I found away around them and went back to work.

I hate the situation you're in but I'm guessing that you will not be happy until two brand new Vortexes roll up in your drive way.

...aint gonna happen.

Ron we all got screwed in this deal. Who's fault is it that Vortex is dead?

Thom Fieldings and the economy that's who and what.. One turned the relatively simple machine in to a stainless nightmare and the other shrunk it's already tiny audience even smaller.

No real company would ever continue to produce that disaster the Thom created.

If Shawn would have stayed out of Bill's face who knows, they may have produced a new Big Truck.
(The prototype slide in you saw was shit canned due to excessive vibration coming form the Diesel motor)

So here is what it comes down to.

SS feels like they did all they could do with YOU.
There will be no Vortex machines made by any company.
You know the answer to you problems (Propane and proper alignment)

Will you fix them or move on or continue this hopeless battle (and you know I've heard both sides)?

It's obvious SS is not going to respond to this thread by now, and if they did it would not help your case here with the members imo.

Ron.

Propane!

life is too short :!:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I will probably REGRET this...BUT.. thathurts

Dear MIKE...

STOP defending your BANNER...advertisers..."PLEASE".... :!: :!: :!:

Ron does NOT have a problem with YOU... :idea:

We all know Bill B. is your friend..."but" ..you do NOT have a dog in this FIGHT.. !gotcha!

If SS chooses to NOT respond to Ron's complaints..."So Be It"

In 1996 I purchase a very FAMOUS pto from "You KnOW WHO"... !gotcha! !gotcha!
It was burning up belts ...ever 50 HOURS...&...super heating the GMC engine... :x :x :x
I actually had the fuel cap EXPLODE off in the face of an employee covering him with
HOT fuel... :shock:

MY GMC dealership ..DeNiEd...any further WARRANTY on this particular VAN...Because of
EXCESSIVE engine heat that HAD OCCURED... :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x

I contacted ALL parties involved in this "cLuStEr FooK"...and NOT a ONE would take
any responsibility... :evil: :evil: :evil: Sooooooo..."I drove the Van to the BANK.."
Turned the keys into the MANAGER...and SAID here is YOUR COLLATERAL... :shock:
He proceeded to inform me that this would RUIN my credit...!!!!! Then ..I explained to HIM
that I would have a BRAND NEW UNIT..sitting on the yard by the END OF THE WEEK...!

I had MY attorney ....contact his attorney....which contacted GMC's attorney...which
contacted the manufacturer's attorney...AND I received a SUBSTANTIAL SETTLEMENT
and RETAINED the UNIT..."With NO more warranty from any party INVOLVED"... !gotcha!

I was a GuiniE PiG ...for 3 months..TYRING to fix their PROBLEM...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to perform ALL the labor as the shipped me PARTS... :x :x :x After all that
down time & frustration...!!!! WE FOUND THE PROBLEM.... :shock: The "china" FLEX
FAN on the UNIT...dIsEnTeRGrAtED...like shrapnel..and destroyed the radiator on
the engine... :shock: They had received DEFECTIVE fan's...
The fan could NOT take the CONSTANT torque of the engine
@ operating RPM's the unit REQUIRED... :oops: :oops:

RON...stand your ground...!!!
But be careful ..NOT to burn any bridges...YOU have a LEGAL AVENUE... !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
maybe Ron does have a legal recourse.

wonder why he is not taking it?

Because ...The "Big BOY's...can "Hang you out to DRY"...they have attorneys on ReTaInEr..!

I my situation..." I took a HUGE gamble.."...fortunately it worked out... :idea:

I can TELL you this...!!! It is VERY hard to recover LOST projected INCOME... :!:

Unfortunately..."Until the PARTIES are served..."...They want BUDGE.... :shock:
It would be BEST for the parties involved...To reach a CASH settlement...and NOT
use an ATTORNEY.. thathurts

Ron should contact "The parties involved and "ASK"..for a settlement and "MOVE ON".. :idea:
Then He can decide to KEEP the units & bare RESPONSIABLIY...for their future REPAIRS..?
Or sell the UNITS as IS....And Re-Tool...IMO... :idea:

Considering the OBVIOUS..maintenance he conducts on these UNIT's...!!!

He DESERVES some type of COMPENSATION... :!:

Ps He has ALREADY tried to mitigate his damages ..."IN GOOD FAITH"... :idea:

Pss If he were to OFFER a "Deed-in-Lue"..for the buy back of the units.. !gotcha!
And they REFUSE...the OFFER... :roll:
He can go forth with litigation...and REFUSE ...arbitration.. :!:
Then if he PREVAILS...!!! They can NOT offer "LESS" of a settlement of his ORIGINAL offer... :shock:

I LoVe playing an AttOrNeY.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
Jesse
This is what it looks like to me,

SS has EVERY resource at their disposal to fix Ron's truck and they choose not to. They currently manufacture truckmounts, manufactured his, claim to be financially solid.

It would be hard to convince me to buy anything of value from them at this point. Especially if it carried another name that they bought.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Out Of Character said:
This is what it looks like to me,

SS has EVERY resource at their disposal to fix Ron's truck and they choose not to. They currently manufacture truckmounts, manufactured his, claim to be financially solid.

It would be hard to convince me to buy anything of value from them at this point. Especially if it carried another name that they bought.

I AGREE!

why doesnt saphire scientific customer service up, and fix rons units!

if popane is the answer than saphire scientific should foot the bill and pay for it!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Ron do you run in line vacuum filters?

"What is the current price of a dozen egg's in california...'... :roll:

is somEonE....whispering in you ear .."That air flow restriction from in-line filters
could burn the berrings out of that MONSTER blower...?"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Just trying to figure out why Ron is the only one having these issues Harper.

I think Ron is also....!

Is there ANYONE else on the board that owns the 2007 "blueline"..VORTEX...?

They could'nt have sold THAT MANY.... :idea:

I am NOT on a "Witch-Hunt"...against SS or Bill ... :!:

It just comes across as ....."Sorry BUD"..you are out of warranty... :shock:
Better luck NEXT time... :cry:

If this were a PROCHEM or HYDRAMASTER complaint...I just THINK..their would be
a different manufacturing response... :?:

SS ...is a NEW company... :idea:

They should..IMO..be handling the .."Public Relation".. side of this issue..IN THE OPEN.. :!:

If Ron has made MODIFICATION's to his unit that has VOIDED his warranty..Just Say So.. :!:

ps I have NEVER understood this "V"..Thing... :roll:

In some threads...It was the greastest thing since sliced bread....
In the NEXT thread .."Only"..certain modles were good....
In the NEXT thread they are a "Over-priced POS"......

Now...In this thread ...ONLY the "Blue-line" production....is not a POS...

IT is F'n...All over the place.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JHC....4 Blowers....in the same units....WHY is Tuthill....replacing these blowers...???????????

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Harper, The waste tank has 3 inline filters, there is a basket in the filter box. I don't know who paid for the first set, Tuthill warrantied one and I paid for one. The thing that no one is considering is the first time I made four trips to Cleveland,OH 4 hrs one way for a total of ten days add motel, fuel at $5 a gallon. Most of the 07 Vortex's that have been sold have been by finance companies, I would assume these poor guys lost them. I know that if I had not had a backup I would be out of business after this last round, because it has been going on since October, this is a lot of lost income when I could have been working.

Mikey P

Administrator
so guess I ]ll ask one more time.

Ron.

why
dont
you
just
ditch
the
pos hx/zen
system
on
both
trucks
and
go
with
propane?

you
already
know
it
works
and
will
be
a
huge
decrease
in
time
spent
maintaining
the
machines
along
with
better
heat
and
far
complication

and you could move on with your life. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you have avoided this question or I missed your answer.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Probably...."The same ReaSon ...you don't..Pack-up your FAMILY...sell this board...
and move the fook out of that SinKinG state "cA."..that you live-in.... :idea:

TIMING......IT takes "time" to make CHANGE...to move FOWARD.... !gotcha!

Ps.."I can SerViCe 3 young LADIES...and still have bAnTer...with you... :mrgreen:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, The blowers are the main concern, The Blueline built factory legs are the issue, I have no correct way to remount the blowers.

Mikey P

Administrator
What have your local fabrication shop said about making some new brackets/legs?

Judging by the pics I saw of the Blueline legs, it appears they made them with out an actual blower/truck to measure from.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, The legs are the Blueline built factory original legs. At this time I am not having legs fabricated without some input from an engineer.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Michael, when I had the wreck and I was trying to decide (because of time healing) to have Blueline to start rebuilding the replacement. I was told of this cover being built over the blower and about the coils being added for the heat exchanger coming off the blower. And even with my "limited" knowledge it sounded like one big cluster frig to me, and honestly that was just one of the deciding factors when I canceled the order to start the new build. Not saying it would be a bad purchase or not, I just think one is asking for more headaches because all the unecessary components for this particular model. I had real heat issues with my 2006 model but that was finally narrowed down to bad specs on the exhaust diverter whichg Blueline had sent me a new one to replace and it was sitting on the shelf for install on Saturday when I had the wreck on WEd night, so I didn't even get to see the improvement with the new diverter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom