recoil 3 xps vs Ninja Vs Myee m-5

G

Grenncleaner

Not sure if I am expereince buyers remorse or what not after coming across this board. Just ordered the recoil, but after reading some of John L recent posts I am bit dissapointed . I want true unbiased opinion from experienced gurus or newbies.

Also for those of you that have cold water Portables which electric inline heat works best for you.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Masterblends TruckForce 3500 Kicks ass. just so you know.. And yes i have one. have had it for just over a year. and its a freaking beast of a portable.

Mr.V

Willy P has run a Recoil for years and has nice little successful biz.He seems to really like his Kleenrite inline heater

I have an M5 and it's a great machine but I've never used a Recoil.I have a Mytee hotbox heater and it's o.k. if you run hot water to the machine but doesn't hold higher temps too spectacular.The suction on the M5 is impressive for a porty.

I've still yet to see a porty perform like a TM though

I had a recoil and with the high production we do it lasted 3 years and I dumped it....very fragile..glued in motors,pulse pump.and cheap wheels..need I say more? Then we stayed with Mitey and we have used them (5) for roughly 7-8 years. We recently bought Ninja Warrior and after a 2.5 month trial we bought another.

Truckforce is a high powered unit but it weighs way to freakin much to push around.

This is for the Hi rise work we do.

G

Grenncleaner

C&S said:
Masterblends TruckForce 3500 Kicks ass. just so you know.. And yes i have one. have had it for just over a year. and its a freaking beast of a portable.
Scott,
That seems like a nice machine, the specs look quite impressive, I am suprised I never came across it wihile doing my reserch on portables.

G

Grenncleaner

C Pennington said:
I had a recoil and with the high production we do it lasted 3 years and I dumped it....very fragile..glued in motors,pulse pump.and cheap wheels..need I say more?

Can any other Recoil owners verify this?

You seem to be saying that the recoil is piece of........ you know what I mean.

I did consider the Ninja, but it put me a little out of my budget.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am a recoil owner and think it is a great machine. The only thing I dont like about the machine so far is the handle and the wheels. As far as the wheels no big deal because I can make longer hose runs I very rarely go up stairs. I also dont like that there is no pressure gauge on the pump. with that said I am still very impressed with the recoils ability as a porty and do not regret getting this machine in any way. You may wanna run the 2 inch hose it seems to work good for me. I also like the added wastewater and fresh water capacity which is more than your mytees and ninjas. You also have 2 hoses in the fresh water tank so you can put them in a bigger water source if needed and if you choose to run it from the truck you have an auxillary dump port you can use to run to a bigger waste tank.

Grenncleaner said:
C Pennington said:
I had a recoil and with the high production we do it lasted 3 years and I dumped it....very fragile..glued in motors,pulse pump.and cheap wheels..need I say more?

Can any other Recoil owners verify this?

You seem to be saying that the recoil is piece of........ you know what I mean.

I did consider the Ninja, but it put me a little out of my budget.
Is the Ninja more money that the Recoil ?

G

Grenncleaner

juniorc82 said:
Is the Ninja more money that the Recoil ?

If you add:
Hose Set [+$119.00]
2 Jet Wand [+$189.00]
Wand & Hose Package [+$278.00]

The Recoil come standard with these.
Yes it seems a little more.

gary mackay

I used to leave my Recoil in the truck & I found it exceptional for the typical 75-100' runs that I used it for, always had a booster & propane heat. The propane bumped up the psi I felt. It is the older 350 psi model.

I also had 2 Mytees & a Powerflite. Those two were very good at tripping breakers and the #1 thing about the Recoil was that it very rarely did & only on my stupidity. I still feel that the Recoil performed better than my others at 100'.

Using it portable is a pain in the ass like having to go portable with anything else. My front wheels are worn down to almost nubs from moving around downtown streets and the front wheels wern't designed for that but the other machines maneuvered better. That said the Recoil is nice because I can get my hoses on it, airpath, sprayer & wand & carefully manuever downtown which is a total circus anyway but saves me an extra trip or 2.

Todd Anthony

C&S said:

How long of a hose run can you get with that Truckforce ? Does the Masterforce have the same performance ?
I love the chemical feed that those units use and pump prime valve, they have nice video;s on the masterblend website .

Just make sure to get auto fill /apo on your new porty and you will be fine .

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Grenncleaner said:
Not sure if I am expereince buyers remorse or what not after coming across this board. Just ordered the recoil, but after reading some of John L recent posts I am bit dissapointed . I want true unbiased opinion from experienced gurus or newbies.

I'm neither a gUroo nor a newbie
but I'll say it like this...you bought it, so it doesn't matter now

Forget about your "buyers remorse" or regrets and just go make money with it
in a year or two you can tell US what you think of it

the only ones you should be paying attention to now are the ones who have owned or own them and put some miles on 'em.
They can help with what problems you might encounter down the road and what's the best options for repairs/mods

disregard everything else...cause it's of NO VALUE to you now

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I'm a former Recoil owner, just do as I did and change the tiny 1.5" vac port to 2"... This makes all the difference.

Do this before you even turn the machine on... and if all you have is 1.5 hose, DITCH IT and order some 2"

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i like me ninja used with simple green and tide, made me a pro before i was a hack

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
The TruckForce 3500 is a great machine. and yes it does weight a ton. but like mikey said they do make a lighter version.

i set the machine up where ever i need to and it runs enough hose that i never have to move it..

the truck force is setup for 2" hose
has adjustable 50-500 psi
14 inches hg.
autofill with chemical metering
auto dump
and has a Rotomolded / S.S. Housing
and Cooling fans built in to keep it cool

It is an impressive machine.

but does pull up to about 35 amps (Dual corded), I really like it on the restaurants. just hook it up and forget about it.. and it just keeps going and going and going. i got 117 hours on mine.. Masterblend has a great service dept. also.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
usually machines that have built in heaters are less powerful due to the power restrictions.. but a unit without a heater will usually have more lift and or better suction. an external heater can be placed closer to the wand (if the machine is capable or longer hose runs) so that you dont lose alot of heat while just pumping it threw the line.

i have heard that a portable little giant heater is nice, and also heard good things about the mytee inline heater..

R

rotovacguy

KleenRite Technimann said:
Just a question if you have a cold water extractor and are using an in-line heater, why not just by a heated machine?

For me it comes down to a couple of things.

First, less heat, and less amp draw. I'd rather have 2 or even 3, three stage motors WITHOUT heat, versus having 2 smaller motors ( by necessity from the amp draw of the heater ) with heat.

Secondly, in the event of repair, I'd rather have an external ( inline) unit. It would seem to be much easier to work on. The base of my Mytee already has no room with the 600 psi pump and 2 motors. IF I could fit a heater, it would barely fit, plus that would get too hot in there for the pump and motors for my liking.

Plus with an external you can keep the heat source closer to the wand if you're running longer hose lengths. Most of the electrical heaters out there need all the help they can get.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
KleenRite Technimann said:
Just a question if you have a cold water extractor and are using an in-line heater, why not just by a heated machine?

Geez- You should know the answer to that. It gets too damn hot in the compartment causing early pump and vac failure, a pain in the ass if you lose your prime, and makes working on it another major pain in the ass as it takes up so much space in a crowded area already. Plus, you can't make an internal heater that has the balls to keep up with any kind of flow unless you choose to choke the spray down to 1's. 2000 watts(Or less) is a waste of time.

Do yourself and everyone a favor and don't post self serving bullshit. :x

INTERNAL HEATERS ARE TRASH

Now an decent 2 cord heater still isn't the perfect panacea, but it keeps up a lot better.
BTW- I have a 2 cord Kleenrite or 2.
( And before you start sputtering, I'm a POG- For 30 years.)

Brett

Cooling fans would be great if the unit can handle the amp draw. Maybe a custom hose with custom 30 or 45 degree tubes for the outside air to be sucked in and drain hole at the bottom that you could hook up to one or two of the vac motors exhaust might be a way to cool down the base units with free air if you could cool it down enough with outside air. A wheel fan off the vac exhaust to a shaft going to a fan blowing air back into the base unit might work if you keep the fan far enough away from the vac exhaust to eliminate back pressure. Separate electric heater or propane is the way to go. Saves weight and heat and easier to work on and less solution line fittings that may leak.

G

Grenncleaner said:

Also for those of you that have cold water Portables which electric inline heat works best for you.

Not sure why your experiencing buyers remorse if you haven't ever use anything else. My Recoil has been abused at least 8 to 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for about 16 months; Generator has over 2k hours on it which I bought 8 months after I got the Recoil. I would say you made the correct decision. I get great customer care and service; un matched performance. We depend on my Recoil when all my other trucks are broken down hard. Since I installed the external booster production time is equal to our gas burners.

Please read instructions and read operational instructions very thoroughly; Especially when it come to waste tank lid installation.

G

Grenncleaner

Update,

The Recoil works nicely with the Mytee Turbo.

So far all the Condos that I have cleaned, the Owners love the results using ChemSpecs DFC.

Later.

Lefty724

Name
E
Grenncleaner said:
Update,

The Recoil works nicely with the Mytee Turbo.

So far all the Condos that I have cleaned, the Owners love the results using ChemSpecs DFC.

Later.

Good deal goodie! What (if any) changes have you made to the Recoil? Or are you running it the way you got it? Thanks

Jim1

I had my Recoil for 3 years now with no headaches, and would buy another in the Future,
Like already has been mentioned about the wheels and handle, I was worried about it at first,
But I gotta say they still are working just fine,

My unit has seen some abuse just short of going down a flight of stairs, and it still keeps ticking, Without any problems.
Its just a simple design that seems to work just fine, RARELY blows breakers I think twice in 3 years, This has been a problem
for others in the past with other units,

This board promotes other brands and tends to frown on the Recoil system, But I gotta say like Willy has mentioned
just another happy user,

Jim

G

Grenncleaner

Nate The Great said:
[quote="Willy P":2lltcnna]Imagine that - ANOTHER happy Recoil camper. :shock: :shock: :shock:

One that doesn't know any better. :twisted:[/quote:2lltcnna]

Could your tm do the 46th floor penthouse we did the other day? Do you think this client would have settled for a mediocre cleaning result.

I don't think so.

Like I said it is nice machine for where mobilty is key.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom