Returned my Ti wand

CleanEvo

I bought a Titanium wand last week, been wanting one for a while. Bought it for a big school I was starting this week.

I didn't like it. I used it on half a classroom and put it back in the truck, pulled out my Quad Jet and that works better for me. maybe I got a bad one???

It was too light, kind of bounced around on the carpet too much for my liking.

For those of you who have used a Greenhorn and a Ti... did you find the extra weight on the Greenhorn enough to keep the wand down on the carpet?

CleanEvo

No... wanted to try it out before ordering a glide.

I know a glide would make a difference, but still it just seemed way too light for me. on the upstroke when you pull back it would tilt really easy and I'd get overspray.

Mikey P

Administrator
If the Ti was "bouncing around" with out a glide on than you have serous suck issues with your TM

It should have locked down and beat the shit out of you.

and you're a fool to have gotten rid of it.

CleanEvo

The wand was a POS.

The jets leaked, the wand lips didn't lay flat, they had a curve in them. It was way too light, to me a wand that my 4 year old can throw around is not a real tool.

To me the only benefit was the width. I'm going to try a Greenhorn, the Ti may be fine for vegitarians, but I'm just way too strong for it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
just about every wand I have ever used has bounced on commercial olefin carpet until I put a glide on it

it will leak without the check valves in the jets

yes it sounds stupid for a $1300 wand to leak but my green horn comes in second to my Ti wand

CleanEvo

Anyone use both?

I thought Greenie mentioned that the Greenhorn was only about half a pound heavier than the Ti. I was hopping it was a little heavier than that.

Maybe I need to go to the island and try Bob's.

CleanEvo

steve frasier said:
just about every wand I have ever used has bounced on commercial olefin carpet until I put a glide on it

it will leak without the check valves in the jets

yes it sounds stupid for a $1300 wand to leak but my green horn comes in second to my Ti wand

It's a $1,950 wand up here in Canada, I got a deal and got it for $1,650, but for that money it needs to be perfect.

Why does the Greenhorn come in second to the Ti?

I probably did get a lemon, the wand lips had a curve like a smile, so it would sort of roll side to side, I'm sure that didn't help the wand stay down on the carpet.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was raised on your quad jet and a 405 performer, bought a TI wand and never looked back

I am so use to the TI wand is probably the biggest reason the GreenHorn comes in second

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we have both and i like the greenhorn but frank loves his ti...
i guess i like my greenhorn because i have never really used anything else in the last 5 years and everything else
seems funny feeling to me..frank doesn't mind the greenhorn but will grab the ti if they are next to each other..

R

R W

My older Ti wand seems to be heavier, and I use it daily. But when I need some real blasting power in a more contained area, I pull out the Quad. Both are glided.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
A glide would have added just under a pound to the weight, smoothed it on commercial and compensated for the "smile". Then you could go to check valves and jets to eliminate drips.

....or just get a greenhorn. I used both and preferred the ti just slightly more than the Gh, but I used the ti for a lot longer than the GH.

Take care,
Lisa

CleanEvo

Ya, but the wand did smile... not every day you get a smiling wand.

Maybe Ron would like it? It's a Happy Wand.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Aris, I really think you will like the Greenhorn. I like the extra weight on the head and prefer the 5 jets. The Greenhorn did seem clumsy at first after using the Titanium for so long, but now I am used to it and actually prefer it.

Greenie

no he won't.

you guys are forgetting, your long loved Ti wands are ARTIFACTS. they don't build them like that anymore, it's not uncommon to receive a "smiling" wand like Aris got.

Get an oldie or move on an get a GH at 1/2 the price.

and it's a full pound of weight difference once you add in glides, checkvalves etc... 9.5lbs vs: 10.5lbs if memory serves.

you old farts with the good tools need to remember to prequalify your comments with the rough age of your tools, just like year of a TM, an 04 can be a lot different than an 08.

and just for the record, a Ti will NOT outclean a GH, I got $850 that says so, do you?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
lisa..you will lose on this if you take the bet..i have dont the side by side many times and can
tell you that if you are not in a room watching what side is being cleaned by what wand you will
NEVER be able to tell the difference..if someone gave me a new ti wand i would promptly
sell it and buy 2 greenhorns..no a second thought about it.
dave

Im with Lisa on this debate...I see no difference in cleaning ability against each other and I give a slight edge to the TI (with accessories) due to 13.5 width, lower profile head and weight....its perfect size for rez.Weight...hmm I feels alot fookin heavier than 1 pound difference, matter fact I will weigh them today. Both are excellent wands and we love them both!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Both the quad and Ti locked down for me.
IF you are going to pay big bucks for a wand don't you think those geeky designers who sit in cubicles could make something out of the box that doesn't lock down?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a POS Castex wand, a GreenBean wand and two Titanium wands. I am qualified to tell you which of the three is the best.

But, without something free, I will not endorse anything.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
admiralclean said:
I have a POS Castex wand, a GreenBean wand and two Titanium wands. I am qualified to tell you which of the three is the best.

Been on MB way too long :lol:

Greenie

Curtis,
Don't get me wrong, I love the "feel" of my old Ti wand, it was the first wand we ever made glides for sale over, but it really is a question of feel, I just like titanium in the hand. But when it comes to dollars, the GH is king at the 2 for 1 price, and those "accessories" are not an option on the Ti, I put them on and sold them to others to FIX the Ti wand's deficiencies, without the jet extenders and 110 jets, there is a significant center gap, and still to this day you will see this if you try and melt out a gum spot, something the GH shines at with it's CENTERED jet and PERFECTLY uniform placement of it's 5 jets, not to mention the true 45 degree angle makes OverWettign a thing of the past, it's a good technician wand.

A Titanium GH will be the standard to beat.
It's coming.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
have a POS Castex wand, a GreenBean wand and two Titanium wands. I am qualified to tell you which of the three is the best.

Been on MB way too long

now he thinks he is Mikey :shock:

you old farts with the good tools need to remember to prequalify your comments with the rough age of your tools, just like year of a TM, an 04 can be a lot different than an 08.

I can live with that comment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom