Returned my Ti wand

TimP

I like the idea of a titanium greenhorn. However I don't know if I can afford titanium. I like the idea behind the new stryker wand. I'll have to wait and see how people like it to see if it's worth buying.

I love my greenhorn. And my only complaint about it is that I don't like polished stainless, I would rather have a matte finish.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
CleanEvolve said:
I bought a Titanium wand last week, been wanting one for a while. Bought it for a big school I was starting this week.

I didn't like it. I used it on half a classroom and put it back in the truck, pulled out my Quad Jet and that works better for me. maybe I got a bad one???

It was too light, kind of bounced around on the carpet too much for my liking.

For those of you who have used a Greenhorn and a Ti... did you find the extra weight on the Greenhorn enough to keep the wand down on the carpet?

There was "nothing" wrong with your ti wand, this is just the way they are from the factory. I bought mine from Ken Harris when he had an EBay store and it was supposed to come with teflon lips. They didn't arrive for a couple weeks after the wand (which took 4 weeks to arrive!) so I was forced to try it as you bought yours. It was too light in front and felt wierd and unbalanced. It was completely unusable as it locked down and there was no way I was doing four big houses a day with it. The lips arrived and they helped. Then I called GreenGlides and got a glide and the jet extensions and the dripper stoppers. Fixed every problem The weight is balanced perfectly and the wand kicks out the jams. What is nice about titanium is you can't break it even if you back your van over it. I will be buried with mine. Unless someone swipes it and puts the factory POS WM wand in my casket.

Greenie

Tim, no prob, get some 220 sandpaper and "massage" it slowly, it'll bring that matte right back. :wink:

I actually use to make them mirror shiny, now i just settle for off the shelf shiny, the titanium will be for the matte crowd, the Distributors still like a "pretty" wand on the showroom floor.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I have 4 ti wands, 1- 4jet, 3- 6jets, I had a 4 jet that just wasn't right, I used for a month. This was before those great things called green glides were out. There was something wrong with the manufacturing of it. It would not ride the carpet right. Pro Chem replaced it with a 6 jet when they discontinued the 4 jet, and it worked great. Jeff has some good advice, but i would try to return it, it may be a manufacture defect.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've never had a Ti wand before, but I sure like the way the GH works. I can move it effortlessly across any carpet and its neat to watch it work, to see that clean carpet come out the other side of it. For $1600 the Ti should come with ALL the tweaks and should significantly better. I'd put up with a lot more than 1lb diff to save $800 esp when I know I'm not sacrificing any performance.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
When I bought mine, they were $900. That was with Shawn Yorks $100.00 add on in 2005. I would never pay what they are asking for them now. I've used the Greenhorn wand very briefly, excellent wand, excellent angle of the jets. If and when I ever get in the market of purchasing a new wand, it will definently be the Greenhorn. As you know, the price of that will go up also-inflation. I don't think it will go up in price quite as extreme as the titanium wand.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used a Green Horn and from the sound of the TI...the Green Horn is the way to go.

Whens the TI Green Horn coming out, Greenie?

CleanEvo

I may hold off on the Greenhorn if there's a Greenhorn titanium comming out soon. As long as it's a little heavier than the Prochem Ti.

Will it be worth the wait Greenie?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just watching the GH work today. I was just standing there nothing else to do :wink:

Its the design of wand I would have designed. Love the way I can flush a spot and not have to worry about flooding the carpet. Better to flush soaps and crap out of the carpet too!
And I don't get that backwash of steam rotting my shoes.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I quit using the Steam Way wand after getting the Greenhorn. I do wish it would swivel sometimes. Those 5 jets are placed and positioned just right!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Just watching the GH work today. I was just standing there nothing else to do :wink:

Its the design of wand I would have designed. Love the way I can flush a spot and not have to worry about flooding the carpet. Better to flush soaps and crap out of the carpet too!
And I don't get that backwash of steam rotting my shoes.

You could almost not vacuum too. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
CleanEvolve said:
Sounds like the Greenhorn is the way to go.

It's a great wand and I have used plenty.

Wouldn't buy anything else ....at least not until something better comes along.

Best stay on your toes Greenie. :wink:

CleanEvo

The supplier wanted to charge me a 15% re-stocking fee for returning the Ti! Finally managed to agree on 5% ($80).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom