Reviews on Prochem Everest 650

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, I did a search for this and was able to get some reading info. I also PMed 2-3 guys that have said they have the Everest 650 and gotten their great reviews.

I would appreciate any reviews/comments on anyone that either had an Everest or has had one in the past. Please post the good/bad/& ugly.

It seems to me that the performance should come somewhat close to what I have experienced with the V, maybe one day I will be in the market for a second piece of equipment and there seems to be a good amount of used ones out in the market right now so I am just doing my research.

As most of you know I do about 40% commercial 60% resy and we do some dual wanding but could work around that. I prefer not to dual wand unless the hose set up lends itself to that or we have a extra big job. I have read that the 650 is thought to be overkill for resy however, I do like leaving the customer with the quickiest dry times possible.

Thanks in advance

TimP

I'd look at the genesis dxt. Or a Judson c-4 or a blueline thermalwave 2 also. On the c-4 I'd want a bigger heater than a little giant #4 for dual wands though.....Les says the blower can dual wand. I might want a 56 or 59 blower on it though, he might do it custom if you are willing to pay for it.

What I've read the prochem doesn't dual wand well, and don't keep up with the heat. Genisis dxt, Walt says it has plenty after coming for a vortex. The thermalwave 2 is supposed to put out more heat than the everest too, and I hear it has better suction but to be honest I've not tried any of the machines. This is just based on what I hear on the boards.

I'd suggest you find someone who has them and see if you can try them out to see if they do what you want.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
TimP said:
I'd look at the genesis dxt. Or a Judson c-4 or a blueline thermalwave 2 also. On the c-4 I'd want a bigger heater than a little giant #4 for dual wands though.....Les says the blower can dual wand. I might want a 56 or 59 blower on it though, he might do it custom if you are willing to pay for it.

What I've read the prochem doesn't dual wand well, and don't keep up with the heat. Genisis dxt, Walt says it has plenty after coming for a vortex. The thermalwave 2 is supposed to put out more heat than the everest too, and I hear it has better suction but to be honest I've not tried any of the machines. This is just based on what I hear on the boards.

I'd suggest you find someone who has them and see if you can try them out to see if they do what you want.

Tim,
Those are MYTH'S....I have operated all of the above....."except the c-4"

The Prochem's.....Have a MUCH Higher "RESALE VALUE"... !gotcha!

ps..Remember that We are in FL..."HEAT is NO issue"...!
So if there is a HEAT issue in colder climites....I would not have any knowledge of that ?

TimP

I'm mostly talking about heat for dual wand mode. And vacuum for dual wand mode.

Of course all these machines will single wand with plenty of heat and suction.

But like I said I've never run any of them so I don't know for sure. Maybe a myth but if I were putting down near 30 grand for a machine compared to a 15-20,000 machine that will single wand just as well. The 30,000$ machine better damn dual wand with plenty of heat. So I'd make sure I run the machine in dual wand operation myself to see if it does what I want before I buy it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
TimP said:
I'm mostly talking about heat for dual wand mode. And vacuum for dual wand mode.

Of course all these machines will single wand with plenty of heat and suction.

But like I said I've never run any of them so I don't know for sure. Maybe a myth but if I were putting down near 30 grand for a machine compared to a 15-20,000 machine that will single wand just as well. The 30,000$ machine better damn dual wand with plenty of heat. So I'd make sure I run the machine in dual wand operation myself to see if it does what I want before I buy it.

Tim,

You would be surprised...How many AT & V owners ever dual wand... :shock:
We have cleaned side-by-side with an AT.."friend of mine"...

Make no mistake once you get pased 300' dualing wanding..."There is a differance with
the BIG TRUCK's." Jim Martin could probably give the BEST info on the differance between
the BIG TRUCK & the BIG-SLIDE-IN's... :idea:

The unit that Jim is now using "ThermalWave"..IMO...has almost the idenical performance as the EVEREST HP... !gotcha!

If I owned a Vortex....? I would consider mounting a smaller "footprint" TM in the BOX..!!!
It would see "more action"...than the "V"..in most situations.."With an O/O".. :!:

Other than the need for "gasoline"...you could tie into the waste tank & freshy tank...No
need for vac hose reel or solulion line reels... :!: Try doing upholstery with "V"... :roll:
You almost have to open the DUMP VALVE...to get enough "vac" relief... :lol:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Dont know if you got the memo Tim, but Powerclean is out of business. No Genesis machines being produced.

TimP

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Dont know if you got the memo Tim, but Powerclean is out of business. No Genesis machines being produced.

I didn't hear they went out of business. Just filed for bankruptcy. There is a difference.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have sold quite a few 650's and installed even more. The majority of them are running 7-8 hours a day dual wanding at over 600' total feet. By contract the machine must maintain a minimum 190 at the wand and 11" lift and 400 psi. This company has more then half of the LDS church contracts. All of the area managers have lie detectors, vac and psi testers. I know I supply them. They put over 100 hours a month on the machines and take the abuse of the $8 an hour employees and just laughs at them :) If that doesn't convince everyone I don't have anything else to say.

P.S. Those numbers must be maintained at 300'x2 runs

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
TimP said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:

I didn't hear they went out of business. Just filed for bankruptcy. There is a difference.

Okay. Their phone is off, and you can't get crap from them.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Thank you ..John..

That is a great testimonial..! "I think we all KNOW, John doesn't exaggerate about product Performance...!" ENOUGH SAID.. :!:

Billy I LOVE my EVEREST. The heat is the main selling point in my book.

Harper knows more about this than me.

I have the older HP version with the NISSAN motor. He says it is the best version.

I have logged over 800 hours with no trouble at all. I did have a glitch because I let the machine sit for a year. It took a while to figgure out the problem. The throttle body flap needed to be worked loose. It performs great now.

I haven't cleaned with a 650, but I did hook up two 100' sections of hose at a CAD with the machine on low, and the suction with one hose left open was great. When I turned it up to dual wand, the suction was ridiculous so you would have no problems cleaning at 500' or dauling with 200'. I have never done a job with a hose run over 250' in eight years so I think the 650 will have you covered. Plus if something does need to be worked on you will get a code that tells you exactly what the machine is doing. It is a great machine.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
TimP said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":1ehbdqb9]Dont know if you got the memo Tim, but Powerclean is out of business. No Genesis machines being produced.

Okay. Their phone is off, and you can't get crap from them.[/quote:1ehbdqb9]

Frank @ Truckmount Headquarters in Oxnard (805-604-4808) has PowerClean machines and all parts in stock and will continue to provide support.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BLewis said:
Ok, I did a search for this and was able to get some reading info. I also PMed 2-3 guys that have said they have the Everest 650 and gotten their great reviews.

I would appreciate any reviews/comments on anyone that either had an Everest or has had one in the past. Please post the good/bad/& ugly.

It seems to me that the performance should come somewhat close to what I have experienced with the V, maybe one day I will be in the market for a second piece of equipment and there seems to be a good amount of used ones out in the market right now so I am just doing my research.

As most of you know I do about 40% commercial 60% resy and we do some dual wanding but could work around that. I prefer not to dual wand unless the hose set up lends itself to that or we have a extra big job. I have read that the 650 is thought to be overkill for resy however, I do like leaving the customer with the quickiest dry times possible.

Thanks in advance

If you want the performance of the Vortex...but yet want to take it up a few notches.......Blueline's thermalwave 2 is what you need to look at.......

it has power in reserve for what you want to do......unlike the Vortex when it came to doing UPH..you had to start breaking vacuum reliefs somewhere to cut back on some of the vacuum....
Thermalwave...has a UPH setting.....pre set and ready to clean....

not all jobs need dual wanding..anyone with any type of since should know that most homes it is just a waste and you will only be tripping over top of each other......
Thermalwave...single wand setting.......dry times and performance....same as I got out of my 6008.....

But..when you get into a situation where you need to duel wand.....with a turn of the switch....you are on duel wand mode and ready to go.....it will hold the heat...pressure and the vacuum......

with these settings... it does not have to sit there running at a higher RPM burning fuel when you don't need it to...

when you need something....service department seems to be on there game to get it done.....what more could you ask for....

Put the machine and a 150 gallon waste tank in a Chevy W4500.....not the W3500.....this truck has power to spare and can handle the weight......drives like a dream...can climb hills with out having to drop a gear....( or in the UD's case ..all 4 of them )...and you can put it in the passing lane and just go.....so far the only thing that I have ran into with this truck is that it has 19.5 tires on it and the only place that will rotate them is a place that works on the larger type rigs.....unlike the UD had 16 on it and I could take it anywhere...not a real big issue....
one of the best built cab overs I have ever seen.....

Nice review Jim.

I clean upholstery on idle to keep the heat down.

Plenty of suck and the water gets nice and hot.

Carpet is best on single wand, but some jobs don't allow that so I run on low to preserve water. Even then the suck is good and the heat maintains around 200. On medium the heat stays at 230.

The dual wand performance of this machine is great. There is no drop in vacuum. I like the switch idea. Just click it and go.

So really I don't see why guys that are mostly residential would need two machines in one truck when a machine like ours will clean carpet at 200' with loads of power to spare.

You are right that most jobs don't make sense dual wanding unless you have three people on the truck. For us cleaning a 3500 sq ft home that is completely empty it makes perfect sense. I keep 150' of solution line then after that I have a ball valve and another 150'. This way we can spray the stairs and upstairs and get one set of hose going. Then the other solution line can be used to prespray with and clean the downstairs. On nylon the dry times even without dry stroking are really good. Poly carpets need some dry strokes. The heat stay up nice even when the other line is spraying. The key to the heat is the heli coil. Machines wihtout this heat capture source just will not keep the heat up.

When I got my Legend I thought it was the best machine. Now I just can't see myself using it except for emergencies. It gets hot, but it takes a lot longer. The EVEREST or the TW will heat up from a cold start on a cold day and reach temp without blocking the vac ports off etc. just cleaning in less than 5 minutes. If the machine is ran on idle to use the hf, it will heat up when turned up to medium in three minutes. It gets freakin HOT.

I have said this before. I don't like hot solution lines with little kids walking around. In situations like that we run on low and do extra dry strokes. I could set the apo up and open the diverter some. I'll probably do that more.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have read that the 650 is thought to be overkill for resy however.

Thanks in advance

I think It's overkill unless you dual wand alot. I bet you would get the same vac. out of an Apex using 2.5 vac hose, actually I think you will get more... !gotcha! The Apex has lots of heat also, but I wouldn't run 2 wands on it. That being said the Everest isn't really too much more then the Apex, just too bad they didn't stay with Nissan motor (or Nissan wouldn't build them anymore).

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Able 1 said:
BLewis said:
I have read that the 650 is thought to be overkill for resy however.

Thanks in advance

I think It's overkill unless you dual wand alot. I bet you would get the same vac. out of an Apex using 2.5 vac hose, actually I think you will get more... !gotcha! The Apex has lots of heat also, but I wouldn't run 2 wands on it. That being said the Everest isn't really too much more then the Apex, just too bad they didn't stay with Nissan motor (or Nissan wouldn't build them anymore).

Keith,

EXACTLY..."Wrong"... :!: :!: :!:

My original purchase was the APEX.... :shock:
It was a under powered POS....I demanded that they take IT back after 25 HOURS... :x
They gave me a 100% refund toward the EVEREST HP.... 8)

I proved to them that my 1992 Prochem 405,with 5K hours would "OUT CLEAN the APEX:oops:

There is NO comparison between thw APEX & the Everest.... :!:

It's not about the VAC Keith.

It is all about the heat.

Well the vac helps as well.

Here is the kicker.

The machine is so much quieter than an 18 or 20 hp air cooled machine.

Harper I assume you have used the original EVEREST and the 650.

How do they compare?

Able 1

Name
Keith
somewhat amus Well, ok then I would put up an Apex with 2.5 against an Everest that running 2" (the way MOST guy's run them). shiteatinggrin

That says it all right there.

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's not about the VAC Keith.

The machine is so much quieter than an 18 or 20 hp air cooled machine.

Yeah it IS... You can always get more heat if you would need it.

The Apex is 31-32 horsepower Pretty quiet really and HOT...

I'm just saying, If you don't use 2.5 hose(or 4ttd) your wasting you money with an Everest.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Able 1 said:
somewhat amus Well, ok then I would put up an Apex with 2.5 against an Everest that running 2" (the way MOST guy's run them). shiteatinggrin

I see you own an APEX....sorry about that....my bad.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

When I purchased the APEX..they said it was a DUAL WAND unit...IT was under powered
for my needs.... :x :x :x

My 405 would "kick its ArSe"...because we run 2.5 from the tank.. !gotcha!

The Apex is fine for...single wanding..!
And Very good with 2.5 hose...!!!!!!

We run 2.5 hose on all of our units... :!:

The Prochem 805 runs "DUAL 2.5 hose from the TANK..."custom made"... :!:

S4010988.jpg

We are dual wanding in essence from "two machines" on ONE truck..

HOWEVER we are capable of running "Four Wands from the same truck"... :idea: :idea:

ps..I agree...If you are going to run "ONLY"..2 inch hose on an Everest HP you are wasting
your money.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here are the spec's on the Everest HP..................BIG BLOWER...

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

Help me out Harp.

I have had this 2.5 inch hose sitting for two years. I need to get it on the truck.

I need a dual 2.5 inch to 2 inch y and the dual 2.5 inch port for my tank.

Any ideas?

Able 1

Name
Keith
What about the choke point?

Isn't it the same as running 2" with a 1.5 whip hose?

NO.. If your running a 1.5 whip hose, I'll put my Peak against your Everest on dry times... !gotcha!

2 inch all the way here. Still isn't it the same concept as having two inch with a 1.5 whip? Even a 3 foot section of 1.5 kills the vac. Wouldn't the 2 inch kill the vac of the 2.5?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Help me out Harp.

I have had this 2.5 inch hose sitting for two years. I need to get it on the truck.

I need a dual 2.5 inch to 2 inch y and the dual 2.5 inch port for my tank.

Any ideas?

Dan,
Look @ the pic above...!!!

You need a 2.5 ss "Y"..

KEEP your Filter Box... :idea:

Then just get some "cool cuff"...reducers for the filter box...2.5..to 2.0...DONE.. 8)

ps You DO REALIZE ....that a standard 2 in. "cuff"...fits right inside of a 2.5 hose... :roll:
if you want to go cHeaP...!!!!! :oops:

What I want is two small sections of 2.5 inch hose (enough to lay on the ground from the tank) with 2.5 male cool cuffs.

The picture is hard to get a reference of size.

I just need a way of reducing the two 2.5 inch hoses with male cool cuffs down to one 2 inch hose. I guess I will need two custom y's.

One will be dual 2.5 inch to 2 inch and the other dual 2.5 inch to single 2.5 inch.

I gues I could go to a muffler shop, get the pipe, and have somone weld it together.

Back
Top Bottom