Reviews on Prochem Everest 650

I'll post a few more videos later. Today we dual wanded one house and single wanded two more.

The suction is great and the heat is good. If you are planning on dual wanding all day, then you should get a bigger machine. If you are going to do an occassional job dual wand, it works great. For us we dual wand quite a bit and have no problems. My only problems are the 2 inch hose and inline filters. I like to run filterless and will start using the basket only. I need to get larger ports and upgrade to 2.5 inch hose. It gets the job done is all I will say. The 650 may be a little better. Harper could give some insight here because I don't know. I do know when I open this thing up and let it breathe I will have much better performance. I like the machine.

h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtP4dbLt7fMh]

steve g

Name
steve garrett

wowsa, can a vortex even do that??

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes Steve, RBM has a vortex and we did dual wanding 300+ hose runs regularly doing multi-level buildings. Kept up great. Many times we used both the Everest 650 HP along with the V, and split the building in half on much larger buildings. I can attest that I saw no difference between the end results between the two. I will say the V did beat it by a little on heat on those long hose runs.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
steve g said:
[quote="John Olson":3ok37zni]I have sold quite a few 650's and installed even more. The majority of them are running 7-8 hours a day dual wanding at over 600' total feet. By contract the machine must maintain a minimum 190 at the wand and 11" lift and 400 psi. This company has more then half of the LDS church contracts. All of the area managers have lie detectors, vac and psi testers. I know I supply them. They put over 100 hours a month on the machines and take the abuse of the $8 an hour employees and just laughs at them :) If that doesn't convince everyone I don't have anything else to say.

P.S. Those numbers must be maintained at 300'x2 runs

wowsa, can a vortex even do that??[/quote:3ok37zni]
Some of these claims mean little without the jetting numbers, the hose diameter, or if water is prewarmed. Is that 400psi before or after the wand is triggered?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Those ATW (at the wand numbers) the church checks them regularly. They had alot of problems with machines not being maintained or unable to produce the effective cleaning temps and pressures ( hydrmasters and white magic machines) and the cleaning showed it. Now they have to stay up on maintenance as those numbers will fall if they don't.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have to say it, a box truck and a prochem 650= big truck image, big truck power for what like 40 grand less and you don't have to deal with yorkie, you don't have to cash in your 401k and your local prochem dealer will service and support the machine. ummmmm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My crew chooses not to dual wand but has and mostly when upholstery is involved. We prescrub everything so one guy is spraying and scrubbing the other wanding. When we hit a lot of upholstery and carpet we will dual wand. Never had a problem with the everest, the apex on the otherhand is said to dual wand()maybe) I wouldn't it makes a great residential machine with top notch work.
Bruin, Apex and EVEREST in my shop

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I clean upholstery with the Vortex's everyday, all yo do is turn the rpm's down to 1300 and clean. We always run two Kleenrite tools off a 2" vac hose y to two 20' 1 1/2 hoses. No problem :idea:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My point was more production Ron. I was saying that upholstery takes time so if we have a group home with 3 sectionals and 4 couches and 9 rooms , we will roll a carpet cleaning line and an upholstery line so both can work simulataniously otherwise since we prescrub we roll with one line

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Daniel,

Your unit looks like a Everest HP....BUT...It has the 408 GD Tri-flow ...blower...?

My unit is a Everest 650 HP....It has the 650 GD Tri-Flow ...BLOWER..."BIG" differance... :!:

lance

Sutorbilt Tri-flow blowers comes as a 406, 408, and a 410.

The 406 is similar to a 45 or 4005 blower.

The 408 is similar to a 47 or 4007 blower.

The 410 is similar to a 59 or 5009 blower.....actually kind of between a 56 (5006) and a 59.

If you want to know the real vac levels you can achieve, call Prochem and ask them how fast the blower is really being turned at (not the engine RPM's) and what the relief valve is set at. Also ask them what the blower in and out diameter is and if that is the same thruout the system. If the blower is 3 inches in & out then the hose to the waste tank should be 3 inches and the blower exhaust should be 3 inches.

A blower is designed to push not pull, so if it has a HX then it probably is having its exhaust impeded somewhat. And that would affect the net vac at the wand at least somewhat. But the most important relationship is the blower input compared to the size of the hose connecting it to the waste tank.

If the whole system is "blue printed" as it should be then using 2.5 inch hose makes everything that much better. It's all in the design and execution of the machine. A bad or compromised design cannot overcome physics.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
lance said:
Sutorbilt Tri-flow blowers comes as a 406, 408, and a 410.

The 406 is similar to a 45 or 4005 blower.

The 408 is similar to a 47 or 4007 blower.

The 410 is similar to a 59 or 5009 blower.....actually kind of between a 56 (5006) and a 59.

If you want to know the real vac levels you can achieve, call Prochem and ask them how fast the blower is really being turned at (not the engine RPM's) and what the relief valve is set at. Also ask them what the blower in and out diameter is and if that is the same thruout the system. If the blower is 3 inches in & out then the hose to the waste tank should be 3 inches and the blower exhaust should be 3 inches.

A blower is designed to push not pull, so if it has a HX then it probably is having its exhaust impeded somewhat. And that would affect the net vac at the wand at least somewhat. But the most important relationship is the blower input compared to the size of the hose connecting it to the waste tank.

If the whole system is "blue printed" as it should be then using 2.5 inch hose makes everything that much better. It's all in the design and execution of the machine. A bad or compromised design cannot overcome physics.

Thanks for your post...Lance

The Everest blower's are GARDNER DENVER..Why don't You pot there specs... 8)
I believe the Hose to my HP tank is 5 1/2 inches...ID..

lance

OK, i will as soon as i can.

Harper, thanks for the pics of your machine. It's a beauty.

Billy I have to ask are you thinking about getting an EVEREST as a backup or do you plan on making it your primary cleaning rig?

If so what will happen to the V?

I think you will love it.

No response. :roll:

Here are a few more videos. The heat is ok when dual wanding, but not great. I am sure it would be better in hot weather.

Still I can't justify spending more money when this system suffices for the most part.

Now all I need to do is teach my help how to make straight pretty lines. He's learning slowly but surely.

I need to get a new glide for him. I decided to teach him how to clean without the glide first. When I put the glide in his hands he turned into a semi-pro almost instantly.

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MupKkpN0tbQ8]

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNqgh5Du8aw8]

Single wanding to finish up.
8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2GyX3XojQM8]

steve g

Name
steve garrett
danielc, a couple observations, I don't know what pressure you are cleaning at but it looks to me like your jets in your wands need to be changed out really really bad, I have never seen a prochem wand streak like that. I am surprised you aren't getting some streaking complaints. when I worked at rainbow I cleaned at 1000 psi and never had streaking that bad. water bores out and eats the stainless out of the jets, so replace them every year.

the other thing is why are you not keying the wand on the forward stroke. doing this will speed up your cleaning. it also looks like you are using goodyear type solution hose, get rid of that shit. parker paraflex baby!!!!

Good deal. The jets are not that old, but they are more than a few months. Ok new jets tomorrow.

I do clean with a foward and back wet stroke for the most part followed by dry strokes. Some jobs I can't get water so I have to conserve.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
looks to me like your pressure is to high......looks more like a pile distortion

that carpet does not look that dirty....your red line should of cleaned that up on a simple back stroke and then a dry pass.........

I am surprised you aren't getting some streaking complaints. when I worked at rainbow I cleaned at 1000 psi
.................. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ........

Name
Ron lippold
looks like to me that you have a cloged jet or a hole on your gilde. slow down your back stroke and increase your flow and you will have better results. and give it a real dry stroke. you have to go up anyway.... just move it over at the top instead of while you are going up

G

George V

steve g said:
I have to say it, a box truck and a prochem 650= big truck image, big truck power for what like 40 grand less and you don't have to deal with yorkie, you don't have to cash in your 401k and your local prochem dealer will service and support the machine. ummmmm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fantastic idea Steve!

You should take your own advice and do it. What's holding you back?

Lordy know's your Bridgepoint Saber is due for an upgrade...

Besides, that horse has been beat to death.... Resuscitated, beat to death..... Resuscitated, beat to death.....

Can't you show the man just a tinsy tiny bit of respect and Let it Be?

Let it Be man......................................................................

Ps. there's a cute blonde near the beggining of this video you might like.

z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsK-_GTHP2wz]

Pss. The PC 650 looks like a rocker to me!

G

George V

Erik said:
LOVE THAT FRONT KEY STROKE shiteatinggrin

George
HOW ABOUT U :lol:

You talkin bout the Zipper?

Heck ya!!!

A zipper and PC 650 would be a wicked little combo.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Daniel,
I sent you a PM however, I am looking for my next set-up. I still have the V and (my fingers crossed) it is doing great, however with the lack of support it is a constant nagging worry at the back of my head when a major breakdown may happen. Also, I can't seem to shake the feeling I had when we thought the fuel pump had gone out. I am looking at two avenues, first is to have a great back-up used van and set up, second to have a second truck, or next purchase be my future machine. If business continues to grow like it has this year it would be feasible to add a truck next spring. So weighing lots of options and paths. I would like to take advantage of 179 section if possible and let the uncle pick up a little of the expense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom