Robert Beets

Burtz

So this means if Beets is right Mr Robinson is using the network as a seed farm for his future businesses.
Hence the non non-compete?????

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
For decades thousands of companies (including ours) have had phone numbers in outlying areas forwarded into their main office to appear local to the other towns they are offering services in. What is the difference? I am not with Brian's program but I told him if jobs come my way and it is a money maker I would consider it.
Al

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian- I was under the assumption that you are only selling a service and not actually doing the cleaning. Am I wrong about this? If I am I apologize. Any company that subs carpet cleaning would have a hard time controlling quality and thats where my problem with Cole (or You?) . Again, If you do the cleaning with your own vans, I misunderstood.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Doug, while we use only employees I can assure you, if anything, it is easier to control quality with subs. You can always not pay subs for substandard work, where legally you can not withhold from employees.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
Brian- I was under the assumption that you are only selling a service and not actually doing the cleaning. Am I wrong about this? If I am I apologize. Any company that subs carpet cleaning would have a hard time controlling quality and thats where my problem with Cole (or You?) . Again, If you do the cleaning with your own vans, I misunderstood.

I don't do the actual cleaning myself anymore. Gettin old like bawb. lol
I stopped doing the actual cleaning about 2 years ago maybe.

It was either hire employees to do the work or sub out to my carpet cleaning buddies so they could make the dough.
They do really good work and needed the money so it just worked out. Not too mention I didn't have to train them yada yada yada.

Happy me, happy them and happy customers.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The same with an employee Doug- it's all about who you hire (as an employee or sub) and the understanding and integrity of the parties (employer/contracotr & employee/sub contractor).

People are people and there are great ones, good ones, average, below avg, and piss poor. The key for us is to try to have great & good ones and get rid of the others as fast as possible (if they somehow get by the hiring process in the first place).

Ken

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
The same with an employee Doug- it's all about who you hire (as an employee or sub) and the understanding and integrity of the parties (employer/contracotr & employee/sub contractor).

People are people and there are great ones, good ones, average, below avg, and piss poor. The key for us is to try to have great & good ones and get rid of the others as fast as possible (if they somehow get by the hiring process in the first place).

Ken

Ken...Why do you always defend Cole & Brian.... :?:

Did you buy your ZIP'S ....yet.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps DOUG is absolutely on target in this thread.... :!: :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Ken Snow said:

Ken

Ken...Why do you always defend Cole & Brian.... :?:

Did you buy your ZIP'S ....yet.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps DOUG is absolutely on target in this thread.... :!: :!:

I'm sure Ken is not defending me...he is just intelligent enough to know right from wrong.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not defending anyone Harpman, don't know either one from Adam. Just responding to what in my judgement is Doug's misconception. Whether or not Brian or Greg use subs, have good subs or use & have good or bad employees is not for me to judge or frankly give a crap about. Doesn't impact me a bit.

Ken
Ps no, I have no zips.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken just wants a free DVD series set
q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDzCCXbjMAq]

Burtz

Brian then why for those whom do or wish to do business with you a non-compete agreement legal document
something like this would only seem prudent and a more professional working agreement
because without it does seem like your sewing seeds for your future businesses.
Mr Beets is no dummy by his posts and he just may be on to something.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:
Brian then why for those whom do or wish to do business with you a non-compete agreement legal document
something like this would only seem prudent and a more professional working agreement
because without it does seem like your sewing seeds for your future businesses.
Mr Beets is no dummy by his posts and he just may be on to something.

If someone cancels, I have to be able to give that service to someone else who signs up.
If they canceled, then it probably wasn't good for them anyway.

A non-compete won't work because technically I am advertising carpet cleaning...I'm just not going to sub out to anyone in that area.

For the subscription price, someone will be getting the work.

If you keep your subscription active then you have control over those zip codes and can keep them or transfer them to another company if you like.
Hope this helps.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's like telling the yellowpages that they can't advertise in an area if a carpet cleaner cancels their ad with them.

Scott Rogers

"Mr Beets is no dummy" LMAO

Anyone who thinks chem dry has a superior system is very ignorant. Not only was the past system, bonnet cleaning, so inferior that not one major carpet manufacturer recommended it. their current system will also void warranties due to rotary extraction. HWE and Multi-system cleaning will produce superior results to chem dry everytime

Burtz

is this the way it works?

you cancel and then you have unmarked trucks no name now cleaning in your hood
object is to find the new and naive.This is almost out of Oliver Twist

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:

Yes I have unmarked vans in every city of every state. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Wasn't that the goal a year ago?

Yes and I found it to be a huge PITA.

The irony is I got the subscription idea from some of the people on this board giving me a hard time about wanting to sub out to every place.

I can't win. lol

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Burtz said:

BINGO....... :!:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
A non-compete won't work because technically I am advertising carpet cleaning...I'm just not going to sub out to anyone in that area.

How do you decide who gets the work? Isn't the first guy who pays you that gets the works? If that is the case, it doesn't sound like you're too picky, which takes me back to my original problem with your business concept.

HARPER said:
Burtz said:

I almost thought that craigslist listing was targeted at local cleaners to sign up for the network.

Anyone that thinks signing up with this dumbass network is going to bring in loads of work or even just one measly job per month is dreaming. I guess I was in la la land. Brian I will stay the course and focus on referrals. The instant I saw that craigslist listing I knew you were a joke. You are not that smart. There is and has been only one way to attract quality customers and that is by having a great business and providing great service. I just don't see how you are going to attract jobs on a national level in a way that hasn't been discovered. Besides how much advertising can you get for 35 dollars?

I have yet to find a better way to fill my pockets than quality referrals. The idea is neat, but the fact remains you are not worried about filling anyone’s pockets but your own. I could be wrong but that is just a gut feeling. Besides I am S.A.T. of the constant barrage of FC plugs. Give it a rest. You sound less credible with every plug.

I had a great revelation last night. We cleaned right at 5k sq ft dual wanding in 2.5 hours start to finish for 650. That job normally would take 4-5 hours. I was home earlier with more energy this morning. There are similar accounts just like this one begging for a quality dependable cleaner. I intend to provide that service. I finally realized last night using my glided wands and kick ass equipment that good equipment costs more, but can make me so much more money. I have had more thousand plus dollar days the last few months than I can ever remember in the past. I am not a greedy person or a work aholic by any means. I know when enough is enough. I work hard for a bit, and then I take some time to relax.

Why would I pay you to send me an occasional bitchy homeowner needing dog piss sucked? I hope you do well, but my initial gut reacation was correct. You tell people to sign up before their zips are taken. Who gives a fook. That sounds just like you better buy this V before the competition does and takes all your accounts etc. The point I am trying to make is there are better ways to get business.

With that said I want to give you props on doing well in Dallas. I think it is funny as hell you are making the one time clean Chem-Drys nervous. You must be doing something right.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
this idea has been around along time. Corky is just doing the full court press on you chumps somewhat shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Burtz said:

Do you really think I am going to do that in every area? Or any areas for that matter?
I have 3 areas for my carpet cleaning business Sac, Dallas, Vegas that's it.

What was posted is just ridiculous.
I would just market to an area and find one cleaner to do the work for me instead of going through all of this hell of trying to explain myself Network Carpet Cleaning
Ugh.
I can't tell if you guys are just giving me a hard time or are really serious.

Edit: spellcheck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Daniel, that craigslist posting is just one of many that I do in every area.
Like said...anyone can do what I do...I just do it for the ones who don't want to.

I market to your area with tons of free listings, some paid links to targeted demographics and work on organic listings as well. Not to mention the link to your website help you own organic listing.
I've said that I spend a few hours a month on every member to get their area optimized.

I think everyone is just thinking this is the greatest advertising deal ever...it isn't yet.
That's why it's so inexpensive.

The idea is just helping guys get a few more customers in more ways than just one.

What did you expect?

Good luck on the commercial deal. If you can make it work that's great.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Brian, have you thought about an incentive to get folks to try your service? Maybe a free first month - or - If they don't get at least one job the first month they have the option of canceling with a full refund of the first month's fee, or something like that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The money is gone as soon as it hits and a free month would be counter productive for the carpet cleaner.

I've thought about it.....not sure it would be good for anyone really.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Also, I was trying to give something free so I started the Hidden Cleaners page.
I list the cleaners that submit their info and then other cleaners can find them.

It's an inbound link to their website and all their contact info is listed so they don't have to search the internet.

Now if I can just get everyone to use that instead of Google. :mrgreen:

Really, if you want your info listed just submit it. The free link to your website can't hurt.
http://www.networkingcleaner.com/Cleaners.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom