sam miller
IMG_2952.PNG

http://www.danielsfuneral.com/obituaries/Ron-Lippold/#!/Obituary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Giorgio

Able 1

Name
Keith
WOW! What a huge loss!! I know he always had problems with gall stones, he posted a pick of one once.. He was a great guy, he ran 24 flow!!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Ron Lippold died yesterday.

He was my best friend and he will be missed. He was very gentle, caring and never a harsh word or ill will towards anyone. He was always quick to lend a hand and eager to help anybody out of a jam.

He liked his bud, his JD and loved his wolf dog Makayla. He devoted his life to carpet cleaning. As many of you know carpet cleaning can be a mean beaaatch. This year has been especially tough on us cleaners here in Albuquerque.

Ronnie was super excited about attending the MF this fall in Scottsdale and volunteering at the McDonald's House. He was really looking forward to see all of you, his friends, there. He even asked me to join him and we were planning on making the drive together.

Ronnie has been suffering in agony from health issues with no relief in sight. He toughed it out as long as he could but his dad died last week and maybe it was more than Ronnie could take. He landed in the emergency room last Tuesday night and his mom Linda was by his side. We almost lost him that night but thanks to outstanding work in the ER they were able to stabilize him by hitting him a couple of times with cardiac arrest paddles and a breathing tube.

To make a long story short my wife and I picked him up from the hospital Friday night. He was wobbly and weak and told me he was at 40%. He spent the night at his mother's house and sometime during the night he got up, went home, and ended his life with a Super RedHawk.

Ron cleaned carpets back in the 80's and had apprx 20+ years experience pushing a wand. He was an early member of this BB which he loved and regarded each one of you as his family. He purchased a brand new Vortex in 2006 and was the original center fold (aka Poster Boy) for Blueline Vortex in Cleanfax magazine many years running. Matter of fact, that's how we met. He then started "You're the Boss" Carpet and Tile cleaning service and has an outstanding reputation nationwide for his stone work.

I'm going to meet his mother in the AM and we are going to put together a list of his equipment. She's hoping to get it all sold before the rent on Ronnie's warehouse comes due again. I'll keep you posted.

I can be reached at 5058042060

Thank you,

George

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's a small world, I have a customer of mine he worked for the studios, well there's been less and less work for these union guys.

His name is Joe Dorack.

Joe was always asking me about getting into his own business.

So I told Joe about the stone pro class and getting into hard surfaces.

He ended up attending a boot camp with zero experience.

That was the same class Ron Lippold went to, and they became friends there.

When I went to clean his carpet, Joe said I met one of your Mikeysboard buddies he says hello.

Joe moved out of the area Boise Idaho.

But he has his own business and loves it.

He would call Ron and Rob Fairfiled for help.

When I texted him the news he was sad to hear it and is praying for the family.

I would say the encouragement of Ron helped Joe the most.

So thanks Ron for being that guy who encouraged others and picked up the phone.

Rest In Peace brother.

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Make me smile with a story about Mr 20 flow

Correction: Mr. 24 flow.. lol... :-)

Ron was so low key he generally flew under the radar... He was usually up at 4:00am and lights out by 7:00pm. He did some years in the army so I guess early to rise and early to bed was part of his training....

i'm not wanting to one-up anyone but I got a funny story or two I can share with ya.

Last year Ronnie lead a group of about 10 of us on the Windsor Trail which starts at the base of the Santa Fe Ski Area and descends through the Santa Fe forest about 15 miles, crisscrossing the river dozens of times, then terminating at a BBQ joint near the Santa Fe Opera House. Ron rides a fat tire bike and we we're navigating a cheese grater rock garden way too fast. Somehow, Ron's handlebars got crossed and he did a somersault over his handlebars and landed flat on his back on some of the gnarliest, sharpest, jagged rocks you ever seen. I thought for sure we'd have to life flight him out of there but to everyone's surprise Ronnie stood up, dusted himself off, straightened his handlebars and jumped back on his bike. I asked him "how the heck did you not get hurt"? Then, he reminded me of the oversized backpack he was wearing . It was stuffed full of gear and padded his fall! Totally awesome! He was un-injured thanks to an oversized backpack stuffed to the gills... lol... We were planning a campout on that trail next month too. darn :-( Also, we were planning an overnight trip to Angel Fire Ski Area Bike Park this summer too. double darn :-(

Later that day we got off our bikes and Ron went down to the stream and started drinking from it. Two hikers nearby saw him and warned him not to drink from the river because it was contaminated. Ron looked up at them and said "I've been drinking from this stream for 20 years and never had a problem". lol... he kept drinking and the hikers didn't say another word.

Here's another:

Last winter we went Skiing in Los Alamos NM and some novice was leading the way. The novice lead us off the main trail through some trees into the deepest snow on the mountain. Ron got stuck up to his shoulders in snow. We were too far away to help and Ron panicked. By the time he dug himself out he was totally and completely exhausted and traumatized. He barely made it back to the parking lot before puking his guts out and went home early... poor guy.. I felt real bad about that one.

We were buds! We ski'd, biked and had lunch together often. We even teamed up and a few big jobs every now and again. I'm really going to miss that guy ;-(

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I hated hearing this news. I was just thinking of Ron a couple weeks ago and was wondering what he was up to because I hadn't heard from him in a while. What a testimony he was to this industry. I never met Ron but talked to him several times on the phone. He was always a "Hoot", funny and helpful. This industry will miss him

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Sad, sad news.
Your son will be in all our thoughts.

Wishing his family the very very best during these trying times.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Condolences to the family.

Used to chat with Ron...he wanted to move out here at one point. Kept asking for ideas and opinions. Too bad he didn't make the move...

May he find the highest flow available...

Back
Top Bottom