Ron Lippold RIP

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm so sorry to learn of this. What a loss.

I hope friends and family can help his mother through this terrible time.

Thank you for what you shared George.

Reactions: Giorgio and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
As Bill mentioned Ron's father passed away a week earlier.
Ron and he were VERY close.
Add health issues, a struggling business and an over fondness for the bottle and it was all more than he could handle.

Ron was fiercely independent in all ways. It's a literally crying shame that he didn't reach out for help.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1497278441185.jpg
FB_IMG_1497278435622.jpg

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I'm going to meet his mother in the AM and we are going to put together a list of his equipment. She's hoping to get it all sold before the rent on Ronnie's warehouse comes due again. I'll keep you posted.

I can be reached at 5058042060

Thank you,

George

What a horrible chain of evevnts for the mom to suffer .. 2 losses in a short time !!!

Lets get his stuff posted up for auction style sale on all sites possible for the quickest sale possible .. which may help the mother manage her expenses. I may know someone whod like to take the wolf dog if still available.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Wow sorry to hear. Didn't know him but condolences to the mother, family and all his friends here. It's always sad to hear news of such. As someone mentioned above, be kind to everyone you meet even the difficult people. Never know when it's their last day or yours. Its a cruel world out there but you can make a difference. When someone pops into your mind, call them. Never know how you may be able to save them from an aweful decision just for them to hear your voice that says to them…'I was thinking of you and thought to call'. Even if your rejected. I know it helped me when going through a big loss to hear from a friend that kept calling me and I wouldn't pick up the phone. It was his persistents that helped me to move forward.
So you never know what your phone call can do for a person.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
What a horrible chain of evevnts for the mom to suffer .. 2 losses in a short time !!!

Lets get his stuff posted up for auction style sale on all sites possible for the quickest sale possible .. which may help the mother manage her expenses. I may know someone whod like to take the wolf dog if still available.

I'm happy to help with expenses incurred in transporting his best friend. You'll need to call me (940-357-9308) because I will be away from the board Wednesday - Friday if y'all need anything. I hope the sell of his equipment will bring decent prices to pay for any expenses towards his rent and possibly his burial. Let's all keep that in mind, please.

Also boys, lost a friend this past Friday because he had a tire blow out on his pickup and he rolled multiple times and was ejected because he wasn't wearing a seat belt. So do as Tom Meyer - aka - Thomas Henry - says to always do - buckle up!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I believe the wolf has a new home as of this morning.

George will let us know if something changes as he is really helping rons family through this difficult time.

He will be posting his business items for sale in an attempt to get out of his rented space as quickly as possible.

Again as from what I know now George will be the one posting the items and biz related items.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Sorry to hear this news, I used to give him shit for using Monkey Pads on polished marble years ago here and he was nice enough later to give me a few tips on situations with saltillo that I still explain to customers to this day. RIP Ron

Reactions: SamIam

John Olson

Name
John Olson
:( If I was heart broken before knowing how he went I am just devastated now :( Right before our last auction I learned another friend who couldn't put the needle down offed himself then I learn Sunday morning Ron was gone and know knowing how...Just...damn...just..damn it... :(

Reactions: Mikey P

Corina

Name
Corina
I am Ron and Makaya's neighbor. And when I say neighbor, I don't mean we lived across lawns and over the fence. Ron and I lived maybe 30 yards down the hall from each other on the bottom floor of a small 10-unit condo building. It's not possible to live in such close proximity with people in that small of a space and not get to know them.

Anyone remember "You Can't Do That on Television," when the kids would open the locker doors and tell each other jokes? I've been remembering how often Ron or I would open our front door at coincidentally the same time the other would have theirs open for some reason and we would exchange a smile and a hello, which often turned into a longer and deeper conversation. Sometimes the conversations would take place in the basement where we all did our laundry and had storage spaces. It was over the course of four years during these impromptu conversations that I got to know Ron. Ron had a great smile, a commanding yet friendly voice, and a spark in his eye.

When I first moved in four years ago the first thing Ron did was hand me his business card and tell me to call him if I ever needed anything. He was always protecting the complex and looking out for people who lived there. Ron was steady, reliable, and predictable. Early to bed, early to rise, a very hard worker. Early to rise on the weekends as well, he would seize the day and take Makaya for a walk or along on his fat tire bike-ride.

Makaya was the natural watch dog of the complex. Could be intimidating, such a big burly creature, and although Ron would tell me of times Makaya would growl and bark and people who didn't belong in our complex, I never heard Makaya do that. Just the sweetest, friendliest, most dignified presence he is.

Ron and I had a running joke--at times when he would pop his head out his door looking for Makaya, Makaya would be sitting at my end of the hall with me getting a good brushing or petting. Ron would roll his eyes at Makaya and say something funny like, "Oh, ok, you're down there with your girlfriend, you sucker." Or he'd find Makaya hanging out in the basement with me when I worked out. Many days, Makaya would simply walk me from my car to my front door when I arrived home from work. Everyone in the complex likes Makaya, and he likes them. My friends who visit me there are taken aback by his dignified behavior and gentle disposition. I believe this is partly natural in Makaya, and partly a reflection of Ron. I am honored to have adopted Makaya, as he is such a special creature and I'm sure many people would open their doors to him in a heartbeat.

Some of the things Ron and I would talk about were politics, the NM economy, business, his desire to live in Colorado, things that were going on in the complex or the neighborhood, current events, and the pain of his gall stones, which I only mention because it was already mentioned in this forum. Ron did more recently speak more frequently with me and my boyfriend of the trouble he was having in this area. We really sympathized with him and offered a small suggestion that may or may not have alleviated some of the pain, but it was worth a try.

When Ron called the paramedics on Tuesday, I saw him in a state I have never seen him in before. I could only assume it was his gall pain. I knew it had to be bad if someone as tough as Ron would call them. I asked if I could help with Makaya, and he already had someone coming over that night to get him. When Ron's car finally moved from its parking spot on Friday I was glad to see it meant he was home and likely feeling better. My boyfriend and I talked about checking in with soon to see how he was doing.

It was the next day that Ron left us before we got that chance.

I don't want anyone else to live down the hall--that is and will always be to me Ron and Makaya's place. Sunday evening Makaya sat in front of the window in front of the unit, lied down, and truly looked sad. I know he was missing Ron.

My deepest deepest sympathies go out to all who feel a gap in his absence, especially his family. For all who met and loved him, my sympathies to you as well. Ron is the type of person we need more of in this world.

Last edited:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I met Ron at Mikeyfest a few years ago but never really got to know him. Reading the stories from others about him makes me wish I gotten to know him.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold died yesterday.

He was my best friend and he will be missed. He was very gentle, caring and never a harsh word or ill will towards anyone. He was always quick to lend a hand and eager to help anybody out of a jam.

He liked his bud, his JD and loved his wolf dog Makayla. He devoted his life to carpet cleaning. As many of you know carpet cleaning can be a mean beaaatch. This year has been especially tough on us cleaners here in Albuquerque.

Ronnie was super excited about attending the MF this fall in Scottsdale and volunteering at the McDonald's House. He was really looking forward to see all of you, his friends, there. He even asked me to join him and we were planning on making the drive together.

Ronnie has been suffering in agony from health issues with no relief in sight. He toughed it out as long as he could but his dad died last week and maybe it was more than Ronnie could take. He landed in the emergency room last Tuesday night and his mom Linda was by his side. We almost lost him that night but thanks to outstanding work in the ER they were able to stabilize him by hitting him a couple of times with cardiac arrest paddles and a breathing tube.

To make a long story short my wife and I picked him up from the hospital Friday night. He was wobbly and weak and told me he was at 40%. He spent the night at his mother's house and sometime during the night he got up, went home, and ended his life with a Super RedHawk.

Ron cleaned carpets back in the 80's and had apprx 20+ years experience pushing a wand. He was an early member of this BB which he loved and regarded each one of you as his family. He purchased a brand new Vortex in 2006 and was the original center fold (aka Poster Boy) for Blueline Vortex in Cleanfax magazine many years running. Matter of fact, that's how we met. He then started "You're the Boss" Carpet and Tile cleaning service and has an outstanding reputation nationwide for his stone work.

I'm going to meet his mother in the AM and we are going to put together a list of his equipment. She's hoping to get it all sold before the rent on Ronnie's warehouse comes due again. I'll keep you posted.

I can be reached at 5058042060

Thank you,

George

Thanks George
Bob called me today and told me the sad news .

It's actually the reason I reappeared today.

May you be at peace, Ron

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom