Rotary Extractor

Cody Ransom

Name
Cody
im thinking about charging for rotary extraction, do you guys charge and if so how much extra do you charge to clean?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My moto is charge enough so that you can do pretty much what ever it takes to do the best job possible with out nickle and dimeing your flock.

Same as Mikey in concept....our family has always been this way....

Don't nickel dime the clients....

Do whatever it takes and use whatever it takes to do the job right....and have rates set that accommodate you for that....

We find people just want to get the carpets cleaned...not talk about what is it going to cost extra for each little item....they are in a hurry....

Most trust you from a friend referral or some other source and are willing to pay for service....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We have a range that we operate in. "Depending on the type and condition of the carpet". It's the same shpeel Mel gives every residential customer.

I include spotting in the ft.² price. The only addition would be urine contamination and protector. Our customers are thrilled that we don't play games.

Like Jimmy said, don't be a scumbag.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
It doesn't really matter to me what tools I use to clean but if it is a highly soiled or neglected carpet requiring more time the s.f.price is going to be a bit more for the additional time required.

I really don't see the need to call a new poster a scumbag for asking a simple question.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Cody Ransom

Name
Cody
Thank you for your replies. What you guys said is what I was kinda thinking. I used to work for one of those really bad nickle and dime companies. I'm hesitant to charge like that because I don't want to be that way. I'm trying to figure out how to increase my profit margin. I was talking to another cleaner who said he charged extra for rotary extraction so that is why I was thinking about it.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I used to work for one of those really bad nickle and dime companies. I'm hesitant to charge like that because I don't want to be that way. I'm trying to figure out how to increase my profit margin.

Cody,

As someone who also worked for scumbag/b&s guys... You basically learned the wrong way to do things FIRST! Pretty much do everything the opposite of them and you will be great.

We don't charge extra for RE.

Giving them a range on the estimate will also help. However, keep in mind... Most people only remember the LOW number.

steve_64

I have room prices and I clean most jobs at those prices. But when the conditions are extreme I just explain due to the condition of the carpets there is an additional charge of...

I do it this way so im not over charging the customer who takes care of their stuff. Those who dont own a vacuum or use the one they have get charged accordingly.

Keep it simple

Reactions: Jimmy L

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I raised my prices when I got the RV. I don't tell the customers this, just that they are getting a high quality deep carpet cleaning which takes time.
My sq footage rate varies according to how much time the job is going to take.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thank you for your replies. What you guys said is what I was kinda thinking. I used to work for one of those really bad nickle and dime companies. I'm hesitant to charge like that because I don't want to be that way. I'm trying to figure out how to increase my profit margin. I was talking to another cleaner who said he charged extra for rotary extraction so that is why I was thinking about it.
You're on the right track Cody. I think rotary extraction is an EXCELLENT way to separate yourself from the others while increasing profit margin.

Do a great job and the most valuable customers will call you back and tell their friends!

I bet half of our customers come from a direct referral.

That direct referral usually gives them the low down on our company. Not the cheapest, but definitely the best in my service area.

Word spreads pretty quick!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You will likely use the rotary extractor in at least the living room once you get used to it. Just build it into your everyday pricing.

I'm usually toward the bottom part of our range because I make excellent money there and want the customers to feel really good about it.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I charge extra if it is a restoration cleaning.
No way that my regular clients that keep their carpet in a decent shape and clean every year, will pay the same as someone who's carpet is trashed and or has not been cleaned since ...............the Johnson administration.

Restoration cleaning is when it is excessively soiled and or when there's saturation at the base of the fibers.

If I'm working a lot harder and for a longer time, due to their neglect- you bet they are paying more. And I earn it.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
@Cody Ransom I am not a business expert and I am still learning all of this but I charge what I need whether wand or rotary, I am reading a book and this post really stood out when I read this paragraph.
2016-04-02 20.04.07.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom