rotovac 360 sucks..pic proof

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
this is a huge local retailer that referrs tons fo work to us. he had someone come in a few weeks ago begging for referrals and was asking to be put in line 2nd to us. the owner told him he had to clean something in the showroom to prove what he could do..well the guy was bragging about how awesome his equipment was and how he was going to blow away what i could do..he told the guy that he could out clean us blah blah blah..
well this disaster took him 6 hrs to clean and almost 24 hrs to dry..i get a call from the owner asking me to come fix it..

question..would you have charged him to fix it or done it for free.
it took us 2 hrs and was dry when we left.

i didnt get good after shots because they turned off the lights while we were packing up he truck but all the streaking was gone and everything was sweet looking..

HPIM1309.jpg

HPIM1305.jpg

HPIM1308.jpg

HPIM1306.jpg

HPIM1303.jpg

HPIM1301.jpg

HPIM1304.jpg

HPIM1302.jpg

of the cleaning

HPIM1312.jpg

HPIM1313.jpg

we used powermax from cobb mixed at 4oz per gallon..layed down hot and about 10 mins dwell time

Able 1

Name
Keith
:lol: The 360 is the only piece of equipment that I have actually hated... I didn't use the 2" hose conversion like I have seen but stock they are junk! JMO

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
admiralclean said:
That original cleaning would have been totally acceptable in Panama City, Florida.

Your just jealous that we get to hang out at the beach all day and watch wet t-shirt contests during the spring and summer.

Did I tell you about the time I got to watch a playboy girls of spring break photo shoot a couple of years ago. It was on a public beach so they had on bikinis, but just barely. :D

Ernie G

Hey Dave, I don't own a 360, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but how much of those results are equipment and how much is a lousy carpet cleaner. Sometimes I see jobs that were cleaned with great equip. and they don't come out good because the techs no good, just a thought.

Greenie

Why does that look more like the original powerwand and not the 360 to me? did you mean to type rotovac powerwand but 360 was stuck in your head?

Could be too much powermax.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Greenie said:
Why does that look more like the original powerwand and not the 360 to me? did you mean to type rotovac powerwand but 360 was stuck in your head?

Could be too much powermax.

that could be it..i dont know enough about them to do anything other than aggravate people..
i just know the job sucked and after i was thrown under the bus..how dare he.

i would have to say that this is 90% user sucks over the equip sucking..but i am sure any somewhat new tech would do this and that to me makes the equip suck..

Rex Tyus

At 4 oz per gallon how much would that be in a Hydroforce at 8 to 1? 32oz?

HOLY SHIT that can't be right I have to go check that.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have to agree with ODIN in that I would have did a post bonnet job with my favorite hotknife
product.

Mike Draper

I have a 360 and yes, it will leave streaks like that if you hall ass and do a shit job. Only on certain types of carpet though. SO, that is something I don't like about it, however, if you hall ass on dirty carpet just about anything will look like crap when your done. TO tell you the truth, the more I use my greenhorn, the more I move away from the 360.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have a 360 and love it. used it yesterday on 1400 sq. ft. in a high end home with very dirty white carpet. Used Judson juice mixed 2 oz. per gallon and got awesome results. It looked brand spanking new when I was done. The homeowners were elated and said it was way cleaner than they had expected. They went next door and bragged to the neighbors.

Those streaks are because the hack that was operating the 360 did not overlap the strokes. Somebody was in a hurry. It's just like bonnet cleaning, all the carpet needs to be cleaned evenly and dry stroked. There is a learning curve with the 360 and evidently that cleaner has not mastered it yet.

The 360 adds aggitation which takes it to a new level of clean. Yes you can get aggitation with other tools and then wand it, but doing both at the same time is easier. I also find myself doing very little post spotting after using the 360.

Just my HO.

Able 1

Name
Keith
B-man I knew you would see the light! The Greenhorn has better flushing and better dry times... period!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Looks like the guy was going forward and backward instead of going left to right and not overlapping and not doing a dry pass. I use my 360 daily and the results look nothing like that, the person who did that had no clue what he was doing.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
One big factor in Dave's cleaning ability has nothing to do with any cleaning chemical.

He uses RO water.

That is the BEST RINSE possible...

Along with absolute minimum resoil.

Larry

Greenie

holy cow...did B-man just say that? :shock:

Since Larry brought up RO...good stuff, what is one step better than an Reverse Osmosis rinse, an RO rinse with 16oz of O2 neutral rinse in the 5 gal jug metered at 2 gph!

and for the record I like the 360 but I would recomend it for owners cuz a tech in ahurry could mess a job up..well they could mess any job up for that matter..otherwise if done correctly it does a very good job.

Also I dont use a 360 on every job I perfer to use my 2 " wand with GG (faster)...the 360 gives my back a break and its good for emptys or really matted down carpet so I chose my battles ....its nice having choices..variety is the spice of life.

I have noticed one thing my bullet filter is a lot fuller(big time) when I use the 360...thats another thing you have to be careful about when using it...your vac can go do to shit if your not careful.

Again I like it but we will see in a few months.

scotty747

i dont think it was a 360.you can see the streak in between the two wheels of the original roto.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Curtis:

Try a bit harder to not be such a dumb-ass.

I have NEVER said post padding didn't work in regards to removing more soil after cleaning. Which is the issue here, if you're capable of grasping it.

What I HAVE said, many times, is that it dosn't work well for decreasing drying times ... removing extra moisture.

I tell you what ... go find a post of mine to support your lame comment and come back and post it here.

Otherwise ... stfu.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Greenie said:
holy cow...did B-man just say that? :shock:

Since Larry brought up RO...good stuff, what is one step better than an Reverse Osmosis rinse, an RO rinse with 16oz of O2 neutral rinse in the 5 gal jug metered at 2 gph!

greenie i dont even have a chem pump/injector on my truck..i had butler build it without one installed..
so i guess i will have to say that you are dead wrong on this one..if you were right i would have the set up running. :lol:
so rescind your statement to say it is equal to a ro rinse..come on army boy..

G

If he gives you tons of work, why do you let his carpets get that bad????

admiralclean said:
Curtis:

Try a bit harder to not be such a dumb-ass.

I have NEVER said post padding didn't work in regards to removing more soil after cleaning. Which is the issue here, if you're capable of grasping it.

What I HAVE said, many times, is that it dosn't work well for decreasing drying times ... removing extra moisture.

I tell you what ... go find a post of mine to support your lame comment and come back and post it here.

Otherwise ... stfu.
...aww im sorry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
since you brought it up the rinse from judsons sucks ass compared to prochem all fiber plus prochem is a ph of 4.5-5 not above neutral. If you did the ph of powermax rinsed with prochem allfiber vs. Jo2 you tell me what is more balanced?

The rotovac 360 is a peice of sh^t. If anyone wants one PM me. The original blows it away in handling and cleaning

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Steve Lillard said:
If he gives you tons of work, why do you let his carpets get that bad????

he has a standing order to just call and we will bang them out for him anytime he wants. he waited because he was thinking of doing a hardwood display mixed in with the carpet and would be replacing the carpet when done..he gave the other guy a shot but could not live with the results for the next month till it was replacement time.
he was kind of worried i would be pissed that he let someone else in the door, i told him i welcome all comers and challengers any time. if someone can impress him enough to take first place they earned it..
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ODIN said:
so how hard was it to clean some clean carpet?

actually it was kind of a pain in the ass..he loaded it up with so much powder deodorizer it was crazy.
i sense some sarcasm in your question or am i reading too much into it?

mikey they told me he sprayed something down then started throwing out powdered deodorizer then cleaned it..it was still wet the next day so the day after that they ran a dyson over it and filled the dust cup 5 times..i vacuumed it with my 887 and filled it with powder also..dont know why he used so much or what it really was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom