Saiger’s Cide made a green spot. Advice?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
so I did a white-ish carpet and post treated the pee spots with Saiger’s Cide to make sure it didn’t smell.

It left a faint green spot, no doubt from the green color of the SC.

I don’t remember this issue happening before, but this time I mixed it 50/50, so it was a tetch strong. Will it rinse out, or do I need to use percarbonate or peroxide?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Saiger Cide I assume

yessir ...figgered that one out
I was wondering what's in the juice and if one or more of its components at strong dilute could cause bleaching (like strong oxidizer )

Or cause the very rarely seen "indicator dye" oddity (think it's commonly called that???) caused by strong acid
Saw that once in my life while using Erusticator ...the carpet turned a green hue

..L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
mix ratio of 1-16. If you didn't want it to smell, you should take care of the problem first. Go back and rinse sc out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My bad, I read that wrong. Thought you said “what IS SC?” Not “what’s IN SC?”

No prob

one of the first things Marty ever said to me ..way back in the Red bored/Blu board dayz was

"we all wear our butts on our shoulders at times"

he's gotten older and likely arthritic puter pecking fingers, so he's condensed that to

"idiot!"

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don’t remember this issue happening before, but this time I mixed it 50/50, so it was a tetch strong. Will it rinse out, or do I need to use percarbonate or peroxide?

Don't do anything until you've talked to Mark. My guess is that he's already talking to his formulators about this, and he'll have an answer for you soon. Some stain removal products prevent others from working, so if you use the wrong one first, you might make this situation more difficult to resolve.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
so I did a white-ish carpet and post treated the pee spots with Saiger’s Cide to make sure it didn’t smell.

When you get a chance if you can email me any pics of this situation

msags@mchsi.com

And
mark.saiger@gmail.com

Just to make sure I get them... Sometimes my one email will filter out people and pics.

And we can also communicate about this situation.

Thank you

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
My guess is that it just needs to be rinsed with clear water.

It floresces like crazy, by the way.

I want to make it clear that I use Saiger’s Cide daily, at home and at work. In fact, today I used P-Lime Zyme to wonderful effect on wool rugs, then used my electrostatic sprayer to deodorize the drapes, walls, ceilings and furniture with Saiger’s Cide. Love the stuff!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My guess is that it just needs to be rinsed with clear water.

It floresces like crazy, by the way.

I want to make it clear that I use Saiger’s Cide daily, at home and at work. In fact, today I used P-Lime Zyme to wonderful effect on wool rugs, then used my electrostatic sprayer to deodorize the drapes, walls, ceilings and furniture with Saiger’s Cide. Love the stuff!
You bought an electrostatic sprayer? :biggrin:

Reactions: Old Coastie

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Not so sure about the No Doubt.

Did it turn green everywhere you sprayed or just where the urine was?
Not sure at all that it has anything to do with the product's green color.
Could be a reaction to where the urine attacked to carpet's dyes, could be a reaction to other products that were there.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Not so sure about the No Doubt.

Did it turn green everywhere you sprayed or just where the urine was?
Not sure at all that it has anything to do with the product's green color.
Could be a reaction to where the urine attacked to carpet's dyes, could be a reaction to other products that were there.

I sprayed it over the spots where urine had been. I’d just finished Rotovac’ing the carpet.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
8BD04000-E6F3-4D31-8FD2-4CCD75D89760.jpeg
You’re too white for a Jamaican accent.
Never too white to learn the Bahama Stroll.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Okay, update.

I returned yesterday and used a spotting machine to flush the place where the dog peed and I applied Saiger’s Cide.

There was a VERY faint greenish-yellow tinge around the spots. However, using distilled water I was easily able to completely remove the green tinge. A faint yellow remained, from the dog pee.

I then applied Bridgepoint Urine Spot Remover at full strength to lighten the pee marks, gave her a quart at 50% dilution to apply if needed.

Bottom line is, use Saiger’s Cide without hesitation. If under some weird circumstance it should leave a faint tint (remember I put it on at far greater concentration than the recommended dilution), it will rinse right out.

Back to whatever you were doing.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
How much did you dilute it do you just apply it with a trigger sprayer?

I usually dilute mine down with a enzyme oxidizer and I can still see green in the liquid but it never left a spot!

Weird.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom