Sapphire enters the mini scrubber market..

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
As with any battery operated tool their are limitations based on battery size, that being said I have used this unit for pre-scubbing grout lines, stripping wax off of base boards and more without battery life issue. what I have found very useful is the versatility of the unit. The CRC 400 works great as a encap machine for stairs. I have used it with the micro fiber bonnets for encap spotting in comercial applications. With the hand tool attachement and microfiber bonnets it is perfect for agitating uphol pre-sprays and I have had great results using it to clean leather.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
you need a tester i will put it through its paces for sure... we use a makita angle grinder with the hotrod handle on it and it does great but gets tiring with 1500 steps

deff need to look into this took

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice to see you here Dennis

Please ignore Marty.

So how long did the batteries last in your testings and how much are replacements?

Would you be interested in letting a MB'r test one for a while with an option to buy it?

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
As far as my testing I have used it for over an hour of combined use with out rechargeing, on several types of surfaces on several ocasions. Having spent 30 years in this industry as a cleaner, distributor and now in the world of manufacturing I have determined there is no perfect tool, and I have played with most cleaning tools. That being said I really like the CRC 400 and would have it in my tool box.
As far as one to test I am sure my boss will have some thoughts on that.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Dennis, when you were cleaning was it as an owner op or for a company?

Who was your clientle base and what was your specialty?

At what point did you say enough and go to work for a supplier?

Was the money better or worse? Less head an back aches made it worth the move I presume.

That supplier was an independent that got bought up by Jon Don, correct?

How did that change the operations and feel there?

Can you share what your position and responsibility at Sapphire are?

Have the Seahawk fans settled down yet?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
With regard to the Cyclo, I prefer the Cyclo with the HOS handle attachment.

When I got mine, it came with two handles, although I only use the short one.

I believe it only comes with one now, don't know which one.

It also fits in the Stanley tool box with my Cyclo & spare brushes & extension lead.

IMGP0744.jpg

I also USED to use my Makita Variable Speed Polisher for stairs, but find the brushes on the Cyclo much better.

Makita is now solely for upholstery.

:yoda:

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
Wow, well where to begin, I starterd working as a carpet cleaner for my future father in law when I was 21. My wifes family business was started by her grandfather in 1936 as a window washing company and transformed into a wall washing company and eventually a carpet cleaning firm. The company was based in Seattle and named Ace Cartozian Custom Care. We (I married my bride at 22) had 4 what we called in the old days on location trucks (truckmounts) misc delivery trucks, a 16 foot More Roll-a-Jet inplant rug washer and dry room and lots of Dri-Eaz restoration equipment for WDR. I went to classes and worked in all aspects of the business. We also had a small supply business where we sold Chemsped Chemicals. My father in law, Bob Pace was a freind to every cleaner and strong supporter of the CCINW so the supply business grew. In 1990 I convinced my father in law to sell the cleaning business and venture into full time distribution. We started Preferred Chemicals and Equipment and built a very well respected distributorship that I later purhased from my family. As far as the money this industry has provided for both sides of my families very well as it is one that you get from it what you put into it. In 2006 I was given the opportunity to sell to Jon Don and work for a great group of people, The Paolellas treated myself and our employees like family. Bill Bruders and I both share great passion for this great industry and it made sense for me to make the move to the manufacturing segment so almost 2 years ago I joined the Legend Brands team. As far as my role in the organisation I work in sales, product development, product testing, what ever is needed. I get to work with some of the best people including that hard to get along with guy Keith Studebaker. I have been blessed to make many very good friends in this industry and get to continue working with them. Hope this answers some of your questions and lets you know I have walked in the shoes of cleaners.
As far as the Seahawks I am a huge fan and I am fine until someone brings it up again, Thanks for asking.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The issue is not how long the battery will hold a charge or how long it takes to charge it. The issue is how long will it take for the battery to die a natural death. Also, how hard will it be to replace it, and how much will it cost?

If you guys are locked in with the idea of a battery tool, them so be it, but consider the possibility of offering a corded version as well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Where is Jim Martin?

Can that charging cord be converted to a power cord?

typically no...things can be designed to both charge and still be used...the Mytee big boss sprayer is a good example...

something like this I am not to sure how you would benefit dragging a cord or in some cases how safe it would be to have a cord attached to it...

you may be looking at a entire different construction.....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I hook a inverter up in the back of the truck to charge things as I go...never had any battery issues.......
All battery packs have a lifetime in terms of charge/discharge cycles - the only downside to me would be IF the replacement packs were an outrageous price. I sent an information request to them yesterday asking that very question.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
All battery packs have a lifetime interms of charge/discharge cycles - the only downside to me would be IF the replacement packs were an outrageous price. I sent an information request to them yesterday asking that very question.

the battery multi sprayers seem to last for ever charge after charge...I am still using the same battery on the boss sprayer that I got years ago....which I just plug into the inverter and it pretty much trickle charges as I drive.....

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've replaced three Multisprayer batteries, and I have a Big Boss with a bad battery right now that needs replacing. The Big Boss lasted about three years and the Multisprayers lasted around 1 to 2 years.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just hate batteries. The cord never fails while we've had tech's that forget to charge the batteries or get out there and find out it was full charged and then we have to run another sprayer, or drill battery out to them. :dejection: They do much better with the Thermal camera batteries but I think its because its supervisors and lead tech that use them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there is a lot of things that give and take from the life of batteries...how they are charged and when they get charged has a lot to do with there longevity...

If I have something that is ran off a battery and it starts to die out to where it is not preforming like it should I will normally tie back the trigger and let it run until it is completely drained...and then I will re charge it...

I also prefer to charge the battery operated tools that are on the truck with the inverter...seems like that hold up better with a slower charge then a fast one....

also Like Lee.....I love my cordless power tools...and is is rare that I have to many issues with the battery life....

That being said...I would like to of seen this new mini scrubber with a removable battery and a secound one that can just be changed out real quick and the dead one put on a charger and you can keep working......

another thing to take into consideration on the battery life is the pressure that you are putting on the tool...the harder you push the faster you are going to drain the battery...unlike sprayers..it is just a pump and it spins and flows...not to much resistance on it....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if its a Li battery, it should have decent life, esp if you can get the extended capacity batteries like for regular power tools.
If you want a cord, it might not look as neat and tidy, but a variable power supply could easily be rigged on it. Would be better if they built it for both AC and DC.
I like that it can be used with different heads.

Reactions: dgardner

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm a Ryobi addict
I have one it has a smaller distance from handle to drill than the dewalt's the tech use and can fit in tighter spots but it is heavier.
Last fall I upgraded and bought (8) of the newer 18 volt dewalts with faster charging batteries. The guys love them, I still prefer mine over the dewalts.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
there is a lot of things that give and take from the life of batteries...how they are charged and when they get charged has a lot to do with there longevity...

If I have something that is ran off a battery and it starts to die out to where it is not preforming like it should I will normally tie back the trigger and let it run until it is completely drained...and then I will re charge it...

Whether or not to fully discharge a battery depends a lot on which chemistry. NiCd's benefit from complete discharge before charging, this supposedly reduces the "memory effect" that NiCd's display.

On the other hand Li-Ion batteries don't suffer from memory effect. The battery manufacturers pretty much all say that deep discharge will actually shorten their life. Use 'em then top 'em off is the best bet according to the battery folks.

Likewise lead-acid batteries don't benefit from deep-cycling, don't fully discharge before charging.

Extreme temperature (both high and low) is not good for any battery.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for years everything I have ever had that was battery driven...even my cell phones I have always ran them completely down...I cant say I have ever seen any difference in the type that are used...we get pretty hot here and even in the back of the trucks where it can get even hotter...its rare that batteries give me to many issues...

Just like everything else out there you just got to keep on top of them and pay attention to what is going on.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm a Ryobi addict. Have every tool they offer and good experience with their batteries.

I started with Ryobi tools
best value for the non pro contractor.
Still use a portable table saw I bought 15 years ago, as well as a 36" belt sander and couple 5" orbital finish sanders that see a LOT of work and abuse
side note..I was told by the Bosch rep some years ago that Ryobi makes Craftsman power tools

Ryobi will last the home owner and weekend warrior a life time .
Used regularly though (like needing charged daily or several times a week) they won't last as long as DeWalt and Bosch (my 12vt Makita batteries are holding up well too)
Ryobi batteries last at least as long as Rigid and Milwaukee

Last fall I upgraded and bought (8) of the newer 18 volt dewalts

oh geeze...too cheap to buy the 20vt eh???:redface:
My 18vt DeWalts feel like bricks compared to my 20vt Li-Ion

BTW, have we sufficiently sidetracked/trashed the SS new tool thread?? :neutral::neutral:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom