Sapphire enters the mini scrubber market..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
oh geeze...too cheap to buy the 20vt eh???:redface:
My 18vt DeWalts feel like bricks compared to my 20vt Li-Ion
We talked about it but I think after I bought the first one that wanted it. I thought the 20v was heavier???

Yes I be cheap! But in my defense once I unbox them I never them again. ;)

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I got a nice call back from Brian Thompson in regards to my inquiry. Extra/replacement battery packs list for $51.73, not bad IMO.

The scrubber with the hand piece weighs about 2 pounds (the part you hold in your hand, not including battery, which goes on your belt). Even with the long handle he says its under 3 pounds. This puts it at about half the weight of a Cyclo.

He also found a local distributor that has one in stock in case I wanted to run down and buy one. How helpful! :biggrin:

It does seem like a worthwhile tool to own to me.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a Cyclo and they are heavy and you feel the torque when using it. It does a nice job on steps but you feel like you're working mainly because it is so heavy and from controlling the torque of the unit.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have a Cyclo and they are heavy and have a lot of torque.

they also look heavy duty/industrial that would last a contractor many many years
the new SS tool might last too...donno...but it does look a bit "homeowner/toyish" for a $500 tool
Hope there's a robust tool under that plastic skin.....

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
they also look heavy duty/industrial that would last a contractor many many years
the new SS tool might last too...donno...but it does look a bit "homeowner/toyish" for a $500 tool

..L.T.A.

Exactly my thoughts....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

..L.T.A.
It is built to last a long time and if the weight and torque bother you... then it will last forever collecting dust. ;)

The SS does look lighter duty but then as long as it does what they say it does and is easier to operate then maybe its the better choice. Our Cyclo gets little use, they will do what ever they can not to use it just because it will wear you out if you have a lot of steps to do.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The Cyclo is basically all metal. I know of car detailers that have been using theirs for 20 years.

You pay a price for light weight.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have a Cyclo and they are heavy and you feel the torque when using it. It does a nice job on steps but you feel like you're working mainly because it is so heavy and from controlling the torque of the unit.

I can't agree with you on this one Richard.

Delia prefers to use the Cyclo because of it's light weight and there is virtually no torque when you start it, & even less when using it.

She's uses it mainly on upholstery.

I feel that it's only downside is that it's a noisier, (rattly) machine.

Maybe she has stronger wrists' than you. :lol: :stir:

I can only compare it with the Makita which is quite heavy & does have a kick when you start it, but is a lot quieter.

:yoda:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
HEY !!!! :bull:, I just read this, I don't have big arms.

Stomach muscles, yes, but just a bit below average for my arms.

Actually what muscle I have left, now hangs out the back.:icon_redface:

:yoda:
I've seen the arms!
comics_superman_02.gif

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom