Sapphire Upholstery Pro

Name
Todd
After 2-3 years of heavy use my SS Upholstery Pro finally broke. The stainless steel braided line @ the connection. I still have the original ''flexible" vac hose and it just didn't have the structural integrity for the 370. The hose got hot, twisted then the vacuum would suck it in as the head of the tool was on the fabric therefor putting pressure directly on the SS braided line. I use to run the tool with a propane burner on my last TM also so I am sure that didn't help.

I think SS should add a piece of reinforced rubber tubing to the outside of the braided line before they press the fitting. That would help make it last longer. I have used this tool a Lot. It was new from not long after it first came out. I use to use it on stairs for a while too. You can't expect it to last forever. It is an excellent tool. I will order the new parts asap. Until then I have my Prochem tool. Overall I give it a thumbs up.

Sapphire Upholstery Pro  - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Todd
I'm not complaining. It has been an excellent tool. Read the post

Prochem has a much better hose that last longer but the tool is not as efficient or flexible

I was suggesting that the SS Upholstery Pro last a long time of heavy use. From what I understand they stiffened up the vac hose so it should last even longer compared to mine as mine was an original. Somebody has to post something to keep this thing alive right ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Todd
Its has been excellent. I have close to 450 hrs on it so far and no complaints.

Make sure yours is running close to 3000 RPM like mine is and as the manual suggest

I had to check mine to make sure. It was pretty close
Sapphire 370 SS RPM - 1.jpg

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well. I forgot how you big dawgs go though these thing every 4-6 week.:clap:
I recall it being said that the internal swivel should be lubricated and it wouldn't happen. We are too busy and never get around to doing it but they still last several years without problem.

We have four of each tool, it rare we use more than 3-at a time so it along with have a backup hose in stock helps us get by when they do blow.

EDS

Name
Ed
Feelings hurt....to used to *** rookies giving compliments... :icon_razz:
Note: went over top stairs bullnose

EDS

Name
Ed
So true....

But i see my trickery ways....make a post...people like it ....then edit it with new content....

(kidding of course)

SamIam

Name
sam miller
by the way the waterline in the the SS tool is the exact same water line in a prochem tool you just havve to go to home depot for the adapter to make it work the newer tools changed over to.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Sooo Mikey, did you buy a 370? Please fill us BDCC's in on the details

Yes.
I scored the unit off the Kodiak demo truck.
It has thirty hours on it. Submount water tank as well.
Ill side mount it and an electric reel and have enough room to take three full grown hogs to market left over in my window'd Transit 350.

Mikey P

Administrator
If I could have ran a Cobber AND a hose reel out the side door I would have gone that route..

The 370 will be more that fine for my plans.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Put a quick disconnect at the other end. Solves the problem of twisting the line. Even though the tool end has it it still binds. Also fill it with anti seize. I haven't broken a line since.

Gene
Actually I should of said a 1/4 stainless swivel. Fits straight in.

Gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yes.
I scored the unit off the Kodiak demo truck.
It has thirty hours on it. Submount water tank as well.
Ill side mount it and an electric reel and have enough room to take three full grown hogs to market left over in my window'd Transit 350.

Good for you, Mike! That's kick arse...:rockon:

I run my wand with 8 flow(@400) and the (370)heat is just fine.

The 360i at 300 psi also plenty of heat and suck(I use the 2.5 for the first 50').

Also intrigued how the transit does for you.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
jcooper said: ↑
I run my wand with 8 flow(@400) and the (370)heat is just fine.
What do you mean 8 flow?

Brian, there is a number on your jets that indicate flow, it's the last two numbers. The first numbers are angle of spray. So, if the jet says 1.5 and you have four jets - it's a six flow. Four jets with #2 flow is an eight.

He's saying he's just misting the carpet.
Gene

lol......

Reactions: Donwand and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom