Sapphires Rage TM

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
I run 2 vans with rages. I love them. No problems, great heat and suction, what else can i help you with?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Damon
What's your average hose run, temp and dry time? The pump peaks at 1000 psi, correct? Does this stifle the more challenging t&g work?

Name
Todd
They are nice machines. The newer ones come with a 19hp Kohler. You get about 70% of the performance of the SS 370 for about 70% of the price
truckmounts.jpg

Name
Todd
I'm loving it so far. I've only put about 10 hours on it. It's an awesome little machine. I have the APO with it too. It's hard to compare to the Blazer with Propane heat.
I would say the Blazer @75'probably feels like the 370 @150' but the Blazer Still cleaned good up to 150'. The heat has been good staying around 185-220 while cleaning 6 flow Prochem Quad Jet and around 50 degrees outside.

I didn't get a chance to compare them side by side but the 370 vacuum is definitely stronger. The air hollowing through the wand is much louder. I might need to think about ear plugs. the furthest I have ran is 150' so far around the back of the house and downstairs finished basement. The vacuum felt like it was still at full power and fast rise time. The machine sounds awesome too. Plus it sounds like it's running on medium compared to my Blazer. Motor runs 2800 RPM's the blower spins close to 3400 rpm's

370 back.jpg

ss 370 hot.jpg

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Just got off the phone with Tom at Modernistic Cleaning and Restoration Experts (1-877-833-1831). What a great guy to work with. He actually took the time out to remove the cover and follow the lines. Line 1 vac lube, line 2 vac gauge, line 3 bimba valve -heat exchanger diverter. Hes known as danger kitty to the rescue on this board.

I googled manuals from SS and saw the drawing of the vacuum brake with the 3 nipples but no lines or mention of what they were or what they do.

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Just got off the phone with Tom at Modernistic Cleaning.

Yes, my pleasure, happy to help out and thank you for the kind words.

A bit embarrassed that I didn't know right off the top of my head what all the vacuum lines were for, the mechanics sure knew for sure.

Mike Roden, formerly of Pro-Chem did a fabulous job designing these machines, the 370 is almost as bullet proof as the direct drives.

Thanks again, for nice words, appreicated.

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
Why did you pick the Rage over similar priced

Why did you pick the Rage over similar priced units?
The only one I was aware that was even close to this price was the boxxer. Not even close when it comes to performance and reliability. No, it does not leak at 1000 psi?? where did you get that crap?. we clean tile all the time with no issues. I have close to 700 hrs on 1 and the new one hasn't broke 100 yet. im running 2 different wands, 14" 4 jet westpac with greenglide and dry times are within 3-4 hrs most times. The exception being rat nasty apts that we have to soak.
The other machine running westpac 12" with greenglide. I have had one problem with dry times and that was a rat nasty restaurant(I wont name them here), but we dont several and we have to really be aggressive to get the grease cut. Other than that I have never had a problem with dry times.
The new unit, we did opt for the pump clutch kit. makes it more convenient on water losses. less to worry about, we can just shut the pump off and start sucking water!!
I have had NO ISSUES with the machine itself. We have lost 1 fuel pump(typical) and 1 waste tank shut off switch.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have a rage.

Average hose run is 100-150 ft. I occasionally run 200 on large commercial jobs. Temp, no temp Gage but whe we did a test when I bought it, it was sitting outside in below freezing temps with 150 ft of hose full 8 flow on my wand and it was holding 185. It of course gets hotter at the weather warms up. Psi is 1000psi max, and no I don't find this to be a problem as anything over 1000psi you should probably be scraping the crap outa the grout lines first anyways. 1000psi max just keeps you from blowing out grout. I pressure wash some stuff with mine, such as gum from side walks, algae off houses etc. It works but is not fast, but makes you some extra bling. Jim pemberton can attest to my use of the rage.
What's your average hose run, temp and dry time? The pump peaks at 1000 psi, correct? Does this stifle the more challenging t&g work?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Oh and with running 4 to the door and the cdv box I get dry times of 45 min on residential and less than 3 hrs on cgd. I'm running 2" hoses and wand, at 350-450 psi, and occasionally My hoss, or my rotary dri master. Hoss leaves more moisture but digs out more crud.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
In bought mine at pembertons. They did a great job on the install. I go there every 6 months for a check up, and have them do a safety check on the machine, I have a tm maintenance plan threw Aztec financial.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Its a beast, for the money I couldn't turn it down. I have the original version, not even the one with the upgrades. I'm still out cleaning guys with twice the machine. Its all in how you run it, maintain it, and use it.
Local guys where I'm at have a as 380, and a ss454 and I still beat their dry times and cleaning capability. Jus don't expect to be the best just because you have a big machine. Chems, training, and water pressure, all help you be the best. I often use dripods and I'll have most of the house dry before I'm even done.
That's pretty good considering the conditions and the size of the unit. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom