Sapphires Rage TM

J

JS41035

Oh and with running 4 to the door and the cdv box I get dry times of 45 min on residential and less than 3 hrs on cgd. I'm running 2" hoses and wand, at 350-450 psi, and occasionally My hoss, or my rotary dri master. Hoss leaves more moisture but digs out more crud.
Your residential dry time is faster than your commercial?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Tom is a stellar person to deal with...when I buy products or equipment its because I know tom has the proven experience in the field and the proven knowledge in the supplier end of the cleaning business...I can assure when you make a purchase from him it comes with him attached....Danger Kitty is the Cats Azz

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm loving it so far. I've only put about 10 hours on it. It's an awesome little machine. I have the APO with it too. It's hard to compare to the Blazer with Propane heat.
I would say the Blazer @75'probably feels like the 370 @150' but the Blazer Still cleaned good up to 150'. The heat has been good staying around 185-220 while cleaning 6 flow Prochem Quad Jet and around 50 degrees outside.

I didn't get a chance to compare them side by side but the 370 vacuum is definitely stronger. The air hollowing through the wand is much louder. I might need to think about ear plugs. the furthest I have ran is 150' so far around the back of the house and downstairs finished basement. The vacuum felt like it was still at full power and fast rise time. The machine sounds awesome too. Plus it sounds like it's running on medium compared to my Blazer. Motor runs 2800 RPM's the blower spins close to 3400 rpm's

View attachment 1831

View attachment 1832

Who did you get yours from? Did you install it yourself? I know the local place doesn't sell those. I would consider getting one, but I don't want to have to drive 5 hours for warranty work.

Name
Todd
I bought it from Interlink Salt Lake. They offered the best trade for my Blazer and made everything easy. They did an excellent job on the install too. I wanted to get a PEAK but then I would need a new van.This is the best machine for my Astro. I have more room then I did with the Blazer.

Attachments

• van tm.jpg
    van tm.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I was looking at the machines hose diagram that Sapphire publishes. Can anyone explain in real simple terms how this machine regulates the heated water? Pretty sure it doesn't have bypass valve like my white magic.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It looks like the Rage doesn't regulate the temperature per se - it has a temperature switch that operates a dump solenoid. If the temperature gets too high the solenoid valve opens and dumps water to the waste tank until the water cools back down to normal operating range.

In addition, there is a manual bypass valve that can be opened a little for low-flow conditions, such as upholstery cleaning. This continuously dumps a little water to waste to keep the total flow up (and the water from getting too hot).

The manual bypass valve is also kept open a little when flood extracting, to keep some flow through the pump. The manual valve isn't used during normal cleaning.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
It looks like the Rage doesn't regulate the temperature per se - it has a temperature switch that operates a dump solenoid. If the temperature gets too high the solenoid valve opens and dumps water to the waste tank until the water cools back down to normal operating range.

In addition, there is a manual bypass valve that can be opened a little for low-flow conditions, such as upholstery cleaning. This continuously dumps a little water to waste to keep the total flow up (and the water from getting too hot).

The manual bypass valve is also kept open a little when flood extracting, to keep some flow through the pump. The manual valve isn't used during normal cleaning.
On the new ones the pump is on a electric clutch so you can shut it off during flood extraction.

Reactions: cobra
Name
Todd
The only downside to having the vacuum lube hose ran up high to the blower is that you have to make sure to clear the line or the WD 40 drains down into the lube cup on the front of the machine after you shut the machine off . It doesn't drip down the front of the machine it stays in the lube cup so its not a big deal

I though it was blower oil at first but now I know to clear the line. I didn't think the blower was getting lubed so it was easy to check by spraying WD40 in the lube port and watching it travel through the clear hose up to the blower.

I tripped the breaker on my APO yesterday because I had a kink in my discharge hose. That saved it from frying the APO pump.

So far the machine has been great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The only downside to having the vacuum lube hose ran up high to the blower is that you have to make sure to clear the line or the WD 40 drains down into the lube cup on the front of the machine after you shut the machine off . It doesn't drip down the front of the machine it stays in the lube cup so its not a big deal
I though it was blower oil at first but now I know to clear the line. I didn't think the blower was getting lubed so it was easy to check by spraying WD40 in the lube port and watching it travel through the clear hose up to the
Looks like it would take much to move it if you didn't mind buying another lube cup.

I think I would just spray it and block the vac inlet while I roll up my hoses and put away my equipment.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
The lube cap has a little rubber seal, but when I wd my blower I like to stick The straw into The small hole pull The trigger for 10 seconds then let off the trigger so the vac pulls the wd threw the fill line so it doesn't drip when you go to lube it again. The rage seems to pull the lube better if you block the vac port while your doing it. I wd at full throttle then idle it down about 5 seconds after letting off the trigger, then I just shut it off. Try to wd40 when the blower is cool, like when You have driven home do It at the end of the day.

After 50-100 hrs get the valves readjusted and do it once or twice a year. Keeps it running smooth.

Reactions: dgardner
Name
jack zerkie
I don,t use WD 40 because it,s very flammable , instead I use Marvel mystery oil and it,s easy to use. The heat from the motor and exhaust makes it safer with the other product. jz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom