SCOTCHGARD,TEFLON,MAXIM,FOURGARD ?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ive always heard protector works best when carpet was rinsed with an acid rinse. Is applying protector after rinsing with an emulsifier pointless then?

What if I dont use a prespray just the rinse?

I understand its about residue but how can we "know" we have removed enough residue for the protector to work.

With protector, it is not a case of it works or it doesn't work. But the better the rinse, the less residue, the better the protector works. Do the best rinse for the situation. I think this will often be an acid side rinse (Flex Ice) but consider the big picture and everything that is needed for the job. Don't focus on the protector alone.

Reactions: Scott S.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Ok so what's the breakdown
1 Scotch has the best known name
2 Maxim is a good price
??
I need to keep somthing in stock

Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Go with Maxim. It makes me good money and it works good on all those return customers where I used it before.

It is obviously cleaning up easier around those areas in front of the la-z-boy and couch and dining tables.

I usually spray it heavier in the obvious needy areas.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Is there a need for two separate products for upholstery and carpet?? Can I get buy with one all in one product?

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Jon-don showing
Matrix® Fiber Guard Protector
  • Outstanding protection against oil- and water-based stains
  • Made for use on drapery, clothing, upholstery and more!
  • pH: None
  • Ready to use
I don't see maxium

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ive always heard protector works best when carpet was rinsed with an acid rinse. Is applying protector after rinsing with an emulsifier pointless then?
What if I dont use a prespray just the rinse?
I understand its about residue but how can we "know" we have removed enough residue for the protector to work.

Its been my experience, based on my own tests and others, that if you use your cleaning or rinsing agents according to directions, your protector should work at an acceptable level. After that, as Scott and Lee said, the better you rinse, the better result you can give your customer.

As to the availability of Maxim, you can find it at any of the Interlink Supply stores.

susclean

Name
alejandro c
How successful are you guys at having customers add protector to the ticket? (Ie what percentage of jobs add protector)

Ive been selling it a little cheaper than the normal "1/2 of cost to clean" and it seems to be a much easier sale.

I have been using maxim but am newbie so i dont have any repeats to determine effectiveness

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Is there a need for two separate products for upholstery and carpet?? Can I get buy with one all in one product?

You can use one product for both surfaces, but you will getr much better results with a protector designed for the exact use.

Upholstery is a thin. You don't want the protector to penetrate deeply but rather to spread out. On carpet you want the protector to reach to the base of the tuft.

Upholstery fibers flex more than carpet, so a more flexible polymer lasts longer on upholstery. Initial elvel of protection will be similar, but to give the best value to the customer, you want a polymer that move with the fiber and does not flake off.

Upholstery tends to get more oily soil while carpet tends to get more dry soil and more beverage spills that might include food color and need acid dye blockers. Spills onto carpet usually fall a greater distance. The force behind the spill changes surface tension. CArpet needs to be proetced not only aginst drops from a few inches up but from spills a few feet up.

Different formulations allow to make a product exactly right for a specific need.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I have a few cases of maxim but have been looking to try cobbs stuff.
repellency.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom