Sherman Guffy, good lord dude.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We've been with Prochem since 1972 John, so I understand how this makes you feel.

It made it clear to Sherman not to send that guy to our place under any circumstances, and I'm sure you've kept your distance too.

Bob Foster

The company Prochem keeps seems to be getting you a little agitated John. Maybe it's you that needs to get away from the keyboard and get some sleep.

But if I was a ProChem dealer I would be encouraging corporate to drop Mr. Gadget.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I laughed when I was invited to georges seminar even though the give aways were more than the class and when I asked the prochem of new england why the hell they had a hack doing a seminar he stated he is one of the best in the business. This from a 40 truck operation

Bob Foster

Jim I realize it took a lot of consideration for you to make that statement. In an industry hard pressed to improve its professional reputation we don't need people like George. Many other real high quality instructors and educators in this industry would have given Prochem a better return and the grass roots cleaner who supports ProChem would be better off too.

John, its all in fun and I know you want the best for your customers.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob Foster said:
The company Prochem keeps seem to be getting you a little agitated John. Maybe it's you need that needs to get away from the keyboard and get some sleep.

But if I was a ProChem dealer I would be encouraging corporate to drop Mr. Gadget.

No Bob your insatiable need to bash others to make yourself feel better about yourself agitates me.

I have made my feelings known about MY Buisness and whether or not I would let George come to my place. That is between me and Prochem. (Edited because I was being a hypocrite)We can all agree that George needs some help and he is "different" but hell we have the King of different as the owner of this board. We should be embracing and trying to help George because if anyone is a Mikeysboarder it is Crazy George.

With that said i'll leave this thread to the girls club.

P.S. Randy Sherman didn't help with the article. First time he read it was today after hearing about this and the ics thread.

P.S.S. I have herad there has been great feedback from suppliers that took a chance and had him come out. I am sure anyone that wants to know could call them and get some un-biased (non internet junkies) feedback

Mikey P

Administrator
I would love to have George write a regular article here.

I think the guy is a hoot

a hoot in desperate need of Jimmy's guidance.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good grief yourself Bob.

Olsen is right, you've become a negative nancy.

You should join a nudist colony or play scrabble with your wife more often.

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
Good grief yourself Bob.

Olsen is right, you've become a negative nancy.

You should join a nudist colony or play scrabble with your wife more often.

And just who started this thread?

Bob Foster

I got to apologize to all of you. I have a real distaste for some of these characters and John and Mike and the rest of you I may have been a little strong and a little to negative lately and will lighten up.

But I do stand up for and will support and help people too as I have done in the past.

And Mike you don't want to see what I look like naked...

duckster

Sherman was my instructor in Portland for some cert. The guy is credible and wouldn't do something bizarre. In fact, he thinks anyone pushing the dust mites thing is going to far.

I have sold for years. We all do. Here is what I have found.

The best story tellers earn the most money. If the customer buys what they are being sold you are not going to hell over solving her problem. Convincing is not conning. What makes you better than the competition? The story you tell that maybe you believe and you want the potential customer to believe.

She pays to see the magician make a spot disappear. That magician does a big buildup to putting your mind in the right frame before he amazes us. You wave your magic wand to make the dirt disappear but for the special trick which costs more you will make wine disappear. Worth the price of admission? If the customer pays the customer surely thinks so.

Sales is not unethical, it just isn't for everybody.

Walt

duckster said:
Sherman was my instructor in Portland for some cert. The guy is credible and wouldn't do something bizarre. In fact, he thinks anyone pushing the dust mites thing is going to far.

I have sold for years. We all do. Here is what I have found.

The best story tellers earn the most money. If the customer buys what they are being sold you are not going to hell over solving her problem. Convincing is not conning. What makes you better than the competition? The story you tell that maybe you believe and you want the potential customer to believe.

She pays to see the magician make a spot disappear. That magician does a big buildup to putting your mind in the right frame before he amazes us. You wave your magic wand to make the dirt disappear but for the special trick which costs more you will make wine disappear. Worth the price of admission? If the customer pays the customer surely thinks so.

Sales is not unethical, it just isn't for everybody.

A quote from P.T. Barnum comes to mind. Personally, I don't want to live in that world. People eventually wizen up.

duckster

Walt said:
A quote from P.T. Barnum comes to mind. Personally, I don't want to live in that world. People eventually wizen up.

Well, we all live in it. Mars is not currently inhabitable. If a person watches a basic commercial, they are being told a story. Watch a movie, you are being told a story. Tuck a child in bed, what follows? Yep, story. A great joke is one disguised as a "this really happened" story. Story tellers mesmerize, story tellers take the listener down a path of the story teller's choosing. The best story tellers believe their stories long enough to bring the listener along. And then, on to the next story.

A song is a story. We are all suckered into stories from the Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy to the latest movie on the silver screen. We are suckers for a good story. What's wrong with that?

Able 1

Name
Keith
duckster said:
Walt said:

Well, we all live in it. Mars is not currently inhabitable. If a person watches a basic commercial, they are being told a story. Watch a movie, you are being told a story. Tuck a child in bed, what follows? Yep, story. A great joke is one disguised as a "this really happened" story. Story tellers mesmerize, story tellers take the listener down a path of the story teller's choosing. The best story tellers believe their stories long enough to bring the listener along. And then, on to the next story.

A song is a story. We are all suckered into stories from the Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy to the latest movie on the silver screen. We are suckers for a good story. What's wrong with that?

In your example it seems that story to you means an untruth or a lie.. If you believe in telling "stories" to your custies and at the end of the day feel good about doing it, sorry to here that. Hows the story go? " Well you see I have these magical crystals..." I do see a place for it but if you ONLY use it and nothing else you are a hack.(IMO)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like with just about every issue we discuss, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I tend to sell nothing extra, simply because I don't like to come across as fake with my customers. Others make great money bilking their customers. I need to sell more. My customers could benefit from more protector sales and a little more work on my part removing difficult stains. Others need to back off because they are giving the industry a bad name.

Personally, I am trying to move more to the middle, for the sake of my profit potential.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
Like with just about every issue we discuss, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I tend to sell nothing extra, simply because I don't like to come across as fake with my customers. Others make great money bilking their customers. I need to sell more. My customers could benefit from more protector sales and a little more work on my part removing difficult stains. Others need to back off because they are giving the industry a bad name.

Personally, I am trying to move more to the middle, for the sake of my profit potential.

WOW! Who are you and what have you done with Pig Boy? :lol:

P.S. Serious thats up there with the one or two brilliant things you have ever said :mrgreen:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
truckmount girl said:
The only reason George is getting any attention from our "Industry leaders" is because he's greasing their palms, or they think he will. It has zero to do with his ability. Okay, maybe a few are after his wife, some guys really like the silicone thing...

Take care,
Lisa

Ouch!

duckster

truckmount girl said:
The only reason George is getting any attention from our "Industry leaders" is because he's greasing their palms, or they think he will. It has zero to do with his ability. Okay, maybe a few are after his wife, some guys really like the silicone thing...

Take care,
Lisa
Some guys are just totally fascinated by what power gravity has, for the rest of us - defying gravity is eye popping. :twisted:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
admiralclean said:

Good for you Marty. I totally agree. For alot of guys , its all about money and not about their customers best interests.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom