Shoes of choice whats yours?

steve_64

redwings have been my favorite shoe and boot. american made also. had some boots last about ten years and about the same for the shoes.

i do have some hightop filas that i wear the most these days though due to some ankle problems.

my golf shoes are adidas.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am going to check out the rockport shoes. I love my vans but they are just falling apart.
Oh man I just got out of the Dentist Office boy that was no fun. Gotta take care of this body its the only one I have you know.
Some days man I come home and my feet are just about to explode. I think it has to be just getting old. I thought this job would be easier on my feet compared to construction due to were on soft carpet all day, and it is a lot better but my last pair of vans really didn't do my feet to good and those Dickeys are a joke.
I have never been a real big fan of the running type shoe with are out fits, Marty's don't look bad but I think it has more to do with my personal preference. I will go check out the Rockports and look at the style, I do like a more professional look over the running shoe but in the end I really just need a more durable comfortable shoe.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wear what I do because I suffered for about 10 years with plantar fascia tendinitis in both feet brought on by running triathlons over the years. The only thing that finally made it go away was Merrill shoes. If I stop wearing them, it comes back.

I will be buried with a pair on.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Caterpillar Argons. Non-slip sole, composite safety toe with rubber caps, so when you spray the toes of your shoes, just wipe off the rubber toes (if you really care). I just bought my fourth pair. I think they're about $125, Sears has them on sale for $95. CHICKS DIG EM!

Reactions: TConway

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Chavez was too shy to ask, so he wanted me to: Please define how a dork looks like.
He....he... he....he'd, .... also like to know what differentiates the common dork from the "total" type?

Use your imagination... Or better yet look around at CAD days at Ray's shop and see what shows up :lol:

Most of that would qualify as dork and some of it will be total dork.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I too have suffered for 25-years from an old college football injury.
Yea I nearly blew out my right knee at the Big 12 championship game.

I still remember it like it was yesterday the pain was incredible.
It was 4th quarter, time winding down in a close game. 3rd & a yard to go with only a minute on the clock and I got injured.
Yep too many beers and I tripped down the stairs hitting my knee on the edge of the bleachers.:winky:

Reactions: KevinL and steve_64

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I wear what I do because I suffered for about 10 years with plantar fascia tendinitis in both feet brought on by running triathlons over the years. The only thing that finally made it go away was Merrill shoes. If I stop wearing them, it comes back.

I will be buried with a pair on.

Thanks Marty my dad suffers from this I will have to tell him about your shoes.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Caterpillar Argons. Non-slip sole, composite safety toe with rubber caps, so when you spray the toes of your shoes, just wipe off the rubber toes (if you really care). I just bought my fourth pair. I think they're about $125, Sears has them on sale for $95. CHICKS DIG EM!
For work boots the diehards from sears were really good. A foreman told me about them, only boot I wore after that. But I don't think they would go to well for cc

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Use your imagination... Or better yet look around at CAD days at Ray's shop and see what shows up :lol:

Most of that would qualify as dork and some of it will be total dork.

Ray does not have CADs :frown:.
Yea, yea. I know, Ray.

Don't dismiss Total Dork Carpet Cleaning, it may be the next big trend. Some of us have actually been dorking it for many years now.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've got everything going against my feet.

Too tall, 250 pounds, FLAT as can be and now for the past 3 years I've had a bone chip floating around in my left foot (motor bike crash) that at random will start poking at my tendons. Some days or weeks are fine then, POW I can barely walk..

Vegas about did me in last week.

I did a search for "Best shoe for oafs with flat feet" and it led me to these..

http://www.zappos.com/brooks-beast-12-slam-pavement-black

So far it's been a very nice and very noticeable improvement.

I wish they were not so superheroish but..

They appropriately named it The Beast.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Whatever shoe you end up going with simply where your shoe covers at all times on the job site so they don't get damp and pre-spray all over them. I personally wear Skechers

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i jus bought me wife a pair of SAS shoes..San Antonio Shoes......best shoe made aside from my Pierre Cardins (the Tom Waits ones)

Name
Nate W.
Whatever shoe that is too dirtyish for going out... I wear either Globe or DVS shoes.. I still need some style.. Don't prespray your shoes, I use a RE mostly, so not much over spray or prespray on them.. Cross-trainer insoles!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have always went with Shoes for Crews slip resistant. We do a lot of tile and grout and I like not having to worry about falling. $39. Wear them 6 months throw them away and have a new pair. Guess this confirms I'm still just a hack

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've got everything going against my feet.

Too tall, 250 pounds, FLAT as can be and now for the past 3 years I've had a bone chip floating around in my left foot (motor bike crash) that at random will start poking at my tendons. Some days or weeks are fine then, POW I can barely walk..

Vegas about did me in last week.

I did a search for "Best shoe for oafs with flat feet" and it led me to these..

http://www.zappos.com/brooks-beast-12-slam-pavement-black

So far it's been a very nice and very noticeable improvement.

I wish they were not so superheroish but..

They appropriately named it The Beast.

http://www.podcare.com/foot-orthotics.html

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have always went with Shoes for Crews slip resistant. We do a lot of tile and grout and I like not having to worry about falling. $39. Wear them 6 months throw them away and have a new pair. Guess this confirms I'm still just a hack

The only thing I have against those slip resistant shoes is they only seem to come in black. May be it's a guttural reaction resulting from where I was raised. I grew up with every man I saw wearing only blue jeans and some sort of black shoe or boot. They normally appeared riding on a Harley and had grease and tats all over themselves. Occasionally, as I grew older, they also would often have a pony tail and a bald spot.

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My dad I think ordered those shoes Marty hope they help his feet. He just had shots in his back to help with that issue a few weeks ago. So he has been taking less pain meds, Today I was on the phone with him and he told me "Man my back has been feeling so much better but I am not taking so many pain meds and right now my feet are on fire" Oh hey Pig Chip was just talking about that on the forum. (HE REALLY DOES KNOW YOU AS PIG CHIP REALLY) So he grabs his Ipad .............40 minutes...later oh yeah those are nice shoes I am going to order some. My dad is SO old fashioned...DAD and IPAD really don't mix.
So I will check in with him to see if he forgot to order them :-)

Reactions: hogjowl

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Having knee, general cranky-ness, creaky bones, age.........to name a few problems.
Shoes have always been an issue for me. Tried all the famous ones Keen, Merryls, New Ballance etc.
Till I found these: http://www.altrarunning.com/fitness/en/Altra/Men/olympus-men

By far the most comfortable shoes ever!!!
They spoiled me though- Now I can't wear anything else.

Worth every single penny, and then some.

And they have them in Blue!

Thanks Ofer....I think I will be getting a pair for myself and my son in law!

Reactions: ruff

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410645688.806212.jpg

: )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been wearing Keens for @ 6 months and love them. They are waterproof (membrane) and support high arches really well. The soles are rugged but don't pick up stuff that I drag into custys home. They have toe protection too. I don't like steel toe, just rubber, but they do make a steel toe work line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom