Should being a multi surface serviceman be a trade school/apprenticeship level career path?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
random thoughts

"hands on" applicable education is of great value.

Most all apprentice trades are working the jobs while apprenticing
How will that work out for a multi-service CC'er paying tuition to a trade school?
and what will they gain with their "new cert"?
a "lead tech" job at Stanley Steemer rather than entry level hose jokey and gopher?

If a "trade school" is wanted, wouldn't a young person be better off paying tuition to one the "real" trades?
Given that cleaning or restoration is a physical job, what young guy with a lick of sense would choose a career path in the lower pay service biz, when blue collar trades pay better?

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I say we keep this $100-300 an hour secret to ourselves and forget all this nonsense before we get flooded with ten million other cleaners on top of the usual churn. I made $500 an hour cleaning some vinyl flooring for an afternoon the other day.

“I can make how much walking in circles with a Cimex indoors vs crawling under houses fixing pipes?!?”

I act like I ain’t making nothing and keep driving my beat up old pickup.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikes just trying to secure a better future for himself and whoever else is involved in this Larry.

Haven't heard Mike's opinion on it.
If he thinks a "trade school" beyond something like a week or two of water damage class cert and/or marketing/business management SFS type education will fly
....good fookin luck with that...

here's why

I made $500 an hour cleaning some vinyl flooring for an afternoon the other day.

for someone with half a brain, it ain't rocket science.

crawling under houses fixing pipes?

I'd rather be a truck driver than a plumber...fo-reel

..L.T.A.

Reactions: AlienAgent
Name
Swani
random thoughts

"hands on" applicable education is of great value.

Most all apprentice trades are working the jobs while apprenticing
How will that work out for a multi-service CC'er paying tuition to a trade school?
and what will they gain with their "new cert"?
a "lead tech" job at Stanley Steemer rather than entry level hose jokey and gopher?

If a "trade school" is wanted, wouldn't a young person be better off paying tuition to one the "real" trades?
Given that cleaning or restoration is a physical job, what young guy with a lick of sense would choose a career path in the lower pay service biz, when blue collar trades pay better?

..L.T.A.
I went to a trade school for welding right out of high school and welded for about 5 years. I don't think I would have taken the carpet cleaning option had it been available. However being a business owner as a welder never appealed to me, but for some reason it does as a cleaning company.

If Mikey starts his carpet college I think business management should be a part of it because I think that's the overall goal of most carpet cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom