So Warning or No warning?

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Papa John, Dec 26, 2016.

1. PrimaDonna
    PrimaDonna

Meggers

Name:
    MB
    I won't be on the truck. We are actually working toward getting John off the truck. He wants to focus on marketing/sales and doing FPA applications and Color Repair work. I would like to get back in to a BNI group and have plans to be doing marketing and sales for FPA and attending events where I can network. It won't be full time, but it will take me out of office and away from the phones. I don't want to miss calls/jobs. I also help out at the kids school and just want the flexibility of being able to do what I need, when I need and know our clients are still getting a live person.

May see if I can find a high school intern to help out 3 days a week or so after school doing the filing, making work folders, labeling spot cleaners, thank you cards etc. I had one a few years ago and it worked out well. Cheap, and had to write her a letter for college.
    Desk Jockey and Jim Pemberton like this.
  2. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Interesting

So who/what beside Super Brian do you have now?

Brian is a handsome devil but is he old enough to charm $700 an hour out of housewives?

I imagine you pay him well. Can you afford another until the FPA and color work gets super steady?
  3. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    When do you bake cookies and bread?

You know you're messing with nature if you don't nurture!
    Desk Jockey and Mikey P like this.
  4. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I think she only knows how to boil sourkraut.
  5. PrimaDonna
    PrimaDonna

Meggers

Name:
    MB
    We have had two part time guys in the wings. Brian's brother, worked with us last summer. Good kid, but young and needs some years under his belt. He'll be graduating from high school this June and is not college or other type of trade school bound.

Brain can upsell better than John in many cases. He's in his 30's so not that young. And the housewives go ga ga over him more than John these days. But put the two of them together and no housewife can resist. They are the steak and sizzle!

We have another guy, Steve. He's been part time, but wants full time. so he's ready to take over ASAP. Really nice guy and we've gotten lots of good feedback from our customers about him. Again, will need additionaly trianing, but he has the customer service part down and that is what really matters to us. He's proven to charm the housewives as well....and the gentlemen of the households! Now all our bases are covered.

We have mapped out our plan to make this happen and can support two techs while John and I are working on growing the other areas. As you know with FPA, a job or two a week for us would be enough to have us cover the payroll for the assistant tech. Once we really hit the marketing, we really only need to get one or two designers or rug shops to use us consistently and a job or two a week is very attainable. Since John has been the "lead" more or less, even though Brian has the skills and does very well when on his own or with an assistant, we will also be giving him an increase to take over all the operations stuff and run the show.

So you saw my pork and saurkraut psot for New Years dinner. I guess you missed the standing prime rib roast I did for Christmas. Love being in the kitchen as well as behind the desk.