So which is the best available stair tool?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I work with PMF 6" short handle stair tool. Yes, the one you have to be on your knees to clean. It's the closest I get to religious activity :winky:

My son, however, does not like it- hard on his knees.

So which is the best 1,1/2" tool that is mid length, available?
Links if possible.
Thanks.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5079

This one I have, Blistor sells one that’s longer they’re both Prochem knock offs!

I like the longer one you can stand up straight and use it!

Connects to a 1 1/2 inch whip!

I just steam the tread and flip it and do the riser!

These tools are good at getting the bull nose to!

But you can still pipe those for more moisture removal!

I wish the Prochem was longer!

But I have had these two for over 4 years and they probably will last forever

Reactions: ruff

SamIam

Name
sam miller
E9702DF6-1242-4EAC-914A-EC62961584F3.jpeg
C500C728-AA9E-4762-9BA6-E35953DBE751.jpeg
C77BED9D-0769-4CEC-B6C9-1154847A8B68.jpeg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bought one from Olsen that is my favorite. 2 inch barrel (A man's tool) long handle, dual jet, with a green glide. It operates much like a cut down wand.

The guys don't like it. Too much heat kicks back. I love it, flushes great and great coverage makes cleaning so much easier. :cool:

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bought one from Olsen that is my favorite. 2 inch barrel (A man's tool) long handle, dual jet, with a green glide. It operates much like a cut down wand.

The guys don't like it. Too much heat kicks back. I love it, flushes great and great coverage makes cleaning so much easier. :cool:

No link?

Mikey P

Administrator
I work with PMF 6" short handle stair tool. Yes, the one you have to be on your knees to clean. It's the closest I get to religious activity :winky:

Links if possible.
Thanks.

Tom has something up his sleeve...

greenpoint-rooster-537x373.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No 2" here. Too cumbersome and the 2" hose is just not as easy to maneuver. We just ain't delusional about manhood here in the hood :winky:

I prefer to work with a whip on stairs, as many times they are narrow and curved. 1 1/2" version?
Not into whips. If 1/2 An inch is too much for ya...ya got ask yourself..."Self, am I an old wimp?". :winky:

:biggrin:

Reactions: ruff

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have 6 or 7 stair tools. Long ones, short ones and they all have their place. For residential, I prefer the Pmf swivel, single jet, 1.5 inch. It gets into the crevice between the tread and riser, is easy to pull over the bullnose and the swivel is good for getting into the corners.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Wrong.

Give me a reason to want a swivel for a straight handle stair tool.

I'll give you a reason NOT to want a swivel.
-when you spin the tool around manually without a swivel to clean the risers, you use your biceps and forearm muscles to pull the tool up. A much more natural method that uses stronger muscles to pull it up, which will prevent less fatigue and will be just as fast as a tool with a swivel

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Links if possible.
Thanks.
right now, Sam's selection is the best. I don't see a need for a glide, but whatever. I'd like to try the longer one he has shown, because I have the 24" prochem stair tool currently. I tried the hydrahoe longer model and it was terrible with how the head was angled.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ain't one tool best

wand them when space allows
detail with hand tool when/if needed

best carpet hand tool is the PMF internal flood jet tool.
Nothing flushes better ...nothing ..period

Nothing rolls over a heavy soiled bullnose better/easier than a short upl sized hand tool either...nothing...period

don't be a afraid to get your pant knees wet, an' you won't have to bend over like a rice paddy farmer

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Mikey P

Administrator
Wrong.

-when you spin the tool around manually without a swivel to clean the risers, you use your biceps and forearm muscles to pull the tool up. A much more natural method that uses stronger muscles to pull it up, which will prevent less fatigue and will be just as fast as a tool with a swivel
Speculation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sell both and let the cleaners choose.

I've only fooled around with one in Atlanta and didn't see that much of a benefit. But everyone is different...uhhh some of ya'll is REAL different! :winky:

How do most cleaners clean? Riser, then tread or all treads then back to risers?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wrong.

WRONG! The swivel isn't to make it easier to clean the riser. Just like Tom's wand, it makes it easier to get into tight corners, especially when having to work under railings, etc. Not all stairs are straight up and down. The swivel is great on circular stair cases.

Ron K

IMO any descent tool can clean the tread we sometimes use the wand if space permits it is the best. The riser and bull nose is the place of most concern. Not enough extraction and you'll wick out a mud line no matter how much you dry vacuum, commercial stairs come to mind. Waterfall installs can be problematic because there is no backing material on riser, tucked can have other issues under tuck. You can hack out stairs with whatever but I agree with Offer and Larry get on you hands and knees and flood and suck. STAIRS ARE THE LEAST MAINTAINED CARPETS IN ANY BUILDING WHICH HAS CARPETS!
SO that being said we use a 4" single jet short tool 1 1/2" and finish with a towel for extra fast drying,base wiping and grooming. You long handle guys how do you clean open riser stairs? or spiral stairs, or stairs with brass rods?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom