So which is the best available stair tool?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Like SO many tools...

You gotta WORK it.

Play around with it for a week or 2 before deciding if it’s for you.

I had Saiger stop by one of my customers jobs while I was cleaning. He grabbed his stair tool from his van for me to use...while he stood behind me instructing me...

Talk about pressure!

I was no good with the swivel at first but boy hav I warmed up to it.

It took about a week or 2.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
BD83C895-3131-4048-8862-5A19F0890E69.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Stairs are considered detail work requiring a detail tool!

Some cleaners are broke dicks who won’t pay for a second tool.

That said I bought the Prochem tool 24 in for $350.00 hated it!

Got a mini Aw29 2 jet I used for year loved it!

Ps my supplier bought my pc tool
back off me for $50.00

I like using whip
With a vinyl cuff for the bull nose

The big plus on a wand is to zip through the steps fast cover more ground.

And try piping the bull nose with a 2 inch cool cuff!

It will pinch the hell out of your hand!

The tools I use now are great on bull noses if angled correctly.

I’m just not gonna through out another tool to by the next best thing!

I’m old and have to retire too!

Not fund everybody else’s retirement!

I thought you were asking why Mr Life of Riley was touting the Ti for steps years ago, but not now
we already know he's gearkweer fickle and every few years he has lust in his loins for some different contraption

his lose of luv for the Ti wand and 2" hose for staircase cleaning was spawned as much from wear/tear on a mid fiddy year old career CC'er than whoopty-doo wOndErwanDs
It's about smaller/lighter and easier now

..L.T.A.

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought you were asking why Mr Life of Riley was touting the Ti for steps years ago, but not now
we already know he's gearkweer fickle and every few years he has lust in his loins for some different contraption

his lose of luv for the Ti wand and 2" hose for staircase cleaning was spawned as much from wear/tear on a mid fiddy year old career CC'er than whoopty-doo wOndErwanDs
It's about smaller/lighter and easier now

..L.T.A.

Or I dont have a Ti wand anymore...

I use the 2/14 Woopty Wand for as much as possible then grab either the pmf swivel or my SSUP

Reactions: Dolly Llama

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Like SO many tools...

You gotta WORK it.

I had Saiger stop by one of my customers jobs while I was cleaning. He grabbed his stair tool from his van for me to use...while he stood behind me instructing me...

Talk about pressure!

Ya at $300 a pop I need trial with out reaming if I don't like it!

Money back sort thang

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Ya at $300 a pop I need trial with out reaming if I don't like it!

Money back sort thang
Or just pay attention as those around you do the testing and jump when it’s time.

It’s good for my game to add a new tool or 2 every year. It keeps me interested!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Like SO many tools...

You gotta WORK it.

Talk about pressure!

I'm so stuck on my method and process of cleaning, I've found that, if a tool doesn't immediately feel better, faster, more efficient to do the job, then it's not worth keeping. Some like to mess around with all these tools and use 2 weeks of their time to play around with them, and that's fine. But not me.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm so stuck on my method and process of cleaning, I've found that, if a tool doesn't immediately feel better, faster, more efficient to do the job, then it's not worth keeping. Some like to mess around with all these tools and use 2 weeks of their time to play around with them, and that's fine. But not me.

You should go see the stockpile of used goods in they’re garages

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If looking for something that will never break, get the prochem stair tool. Built like a tank, solid, super vac, easy to use. Only negative - it's to small. Needs a bigger head. Nobody has time for a 4" stair tool(or whatever it is).

The pmf swivel tool is nice and light, easy to use and the swivel is well worth the extra cost. For odd ball things like church pews it's delightful. Things I don't like about it. Feels like a toy, hose bracket(by head) will bend easily, hose bracket to close to the carpet(glide fixes this), 1" tube - it sucks, but more suck is better, having to spend two hours to "saigerize" it, the one jet is stupid.

At the same time the swivel makes up for all that and "it's cool". The shape and length are great. but by the time yo put a glide on it and change it to two jets it's a 450$ tool that I have to work on.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

good greefs.

Dont ever buy a Zipper

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Would’ve used the Zipper today on carpet tiles but the slot chattered and I felt line I was loosing recovery.

I think I’ll switch it to the holed on the front.

Or maybe give it a try in residential again!
90% of what I do is furnished residential not a place for a speed wand

Get a hybrid on the front when chatters or the hole.

Cheap olefin is awful for slot glides

Reactions: SamIam

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
good greefs.

Dont ever buy a Zipper
Hear it Matt.

You’ll be a better cleaner and businessman if you will challenge yourself to get OUT of your comfort zone.

I did the same thing with cell phones...honestly.

I’d used Android for years before trying my first iPhone (5).

I HATED it.

But I forced myself to use it for a month.

It grew on me.

I started to really like it.

Then I switched back to Android to see if my perception had changed...

It did. I hated the Android.

So I forced myself to use it for a month.

I went back and forth for 6 months or so before deciding that I’d make the switch to Apple.

Yes, I’m crazy BUT it illustrates an important thing about me that needs dealt with.

My unwillingness to change.

I hate things that feel strange.

BUT everything new feels strange!

WORK it out!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hear it Matt.

You’ll be a better cleaner and businessman if you will challenge yourself to get OUT of your comfort zone.

I did the same thing with cell phones...honestly.

I’d used Android for years before trying my first iPhone (5).

I HATED it.

But I forced myself to use it for a month.

It grew on me.

I started to really like it.

Then I switched back to Android to see if my perception had changed...

It did. I hated the Android.

So I forced myself to use it for a month.

I went back and forth for 6 months or so before deciding that I’d make the switch to Apple.

Yes, I’m crazy BUT it illustrates an important thing about me that needs dealt with.

My unwillingness to change.

I hate things that feel strange.

BUT everything new feels strange!

WORK it out!
You're comparing wearing your ass out on a $300job with a zipper to using a different cell phone?????????? Nope, I'm not buying it. I tried using it at several jobs for about a :hopeless:month:hopeless:, and after several months of watching it sit in the corner of my trailer, catching dust, I sold it. I came to the conclusion then, that with a zipper, you either love it or hate it. There's no in between.

I'm OCD on saving time and energy to make more money on the job. The zipper was slowing me down, making me more fatigued, and causing loss of $ due to how much time I was losing on slowing down. I see these guys walking back and forth like their on speed and not giving it any dry passes. I can't do that. I had to make dry passes on my zipper, which took the same amount of time and more energy due to the extra hose handling and different muscles used to move that tank.

For those that love it, more power and balls to you. For me, I'm loving my 15" mach wand.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Didn't read all 4 pages. Stair tool choice and recommendations are worse then what pre-spray to use. the 2" 40" straight PMF tool was the "greenie" stair tool and yes we still offer them and they will last you forever. The prochem straight tool will never ever wear out. The swivel PMF will absolutely wear out and is why I do not like the thing personally as the only one I actually used in the field was wore out and was always a pain in the butt. I personally like the standard 30" no swivel no enclosed PMF tool. It's a great price and well built. One thing is an absolute and that is, out of 10 people you are going to have 6 different favorites AT LEAST. Sam I am happy to send you any tool and swap it out if you arent happy after the first set of stairs you just have to pay shipping cost and make sure it is cleaned inside and out. If you where here id let you take it out on a job to try before buying. Some of the cheapest customers will buy the most expesnive stair tool the prochem or Greenie and the ones that have to have the best of the best will buy the westpak 2 jet 29" tool, which is a really
nice stair tool for short people :)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So I bought this one: PMF- Swivel Head 30-inch Ergonomic Stair Tool
Swivel-Head-30-inch-Ergonomic-Stair-Tool-265x300.jpg

Its a toy! If that's what Saiger uses, I'll consider disowning him :winky:

Difficult to maneuver, feels light and non durable. It is cheap (nice) but it feels cheap. Unless there's a dedicated & protected place in the van for it, I very much doubt it will last and my van is relatively well organized.

And it left lots of water in the carpet -very poor water recovery. You should have seen how much more water my small pmf stair tool recovered after the dry passes with this tool. And I have a Butler with the screaming large blower.

Monday it goes back to my supplier (happy reunion, nice of them to offer a free trial- Clean Hub) and I'll try a different design.

IMHO not a well designed tool. Back to the drawing board PMF. I know you can do a lot better.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think my supplier also carries the WestPack one. I'll try it.
Hopefully my grand kids will get to try Tom's :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom